Lake Placid Lodge
Pan Pacific Whistler Mountainside(Whistler)(Great Value!)
  • Pool
Crystal Lodge Hotel(Whistler)(Great Value!)
US$116
  • Pool
Sundial Boutique Hotel(Whistler)(Great Value!)
US$170
Official Site
US$209
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
Summit Lodge Boutique Hotel(Whistler)(Great Value!)
US$155
US$122
  • Pool
Nita Lake Lodge(Whistler)(Great Value!)
US$132
  • Pool
Aava Whistler Hotel(Whistler)(Great Value!)
US$112
US$105
  • Pool
The Westin Resort & Spa, Whistler(Whistler)(Great Value!)
US$130
Westin.com
  • Restaurant
Hilton Whistler Resort & Spa(Whistler)(Great Value!)
US$151
US$217
Orbitz.com
  • Pool
All reviewscreekside gondolared doortwin peaksminute walkgrocery storemain whistler villageend of the daystayed nightsloftcondoskiproximitydishwashertubbaseslopes
Reviewed 4 April 2011

I stayed in room 116 with my daughter for 3 days and although the facilities overall are run down the apartment was adequate. That said at the end of the month when reviewing my credit card statement there was an additional charge of $840 on my bill (original full payment had been ($409.90). When I required with Whistler Retreats on the reason for the charge, they said that an owner had seen me bring in a dog. I have no dog! Did they call to let me know before putting the charge through?Not at All! I am disputing my charge and will follow through with a complaint with the Better Business Bureau unless I get a quick resolution

Room Tip: Stay somewhere Else
  • Stayed: March 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 March 2011

Resort Reservations Whistler was very convenient and helpful and did a great job booking everything (rooms, flights, shuttle, lift passes, etc). We stayed at Lake Placed Lodge Rm #121, a privately owned one-bedroom managed by Whistler Retreats who rent it out for the owners when they are not there. There is no front desk at the lodge, check-in is at the Marketplace Lodge in Whistler village. The shuttle bus took us there and back so it was only a minor inconvenience. Room was very nice and an excellent deal so close to the Creekside base. The fireplace did not work and the door closer was messed up but no big deal. The hot tub was sweet after some hard days of skiing. But Whistler Retreats management was totally incomptetent and made much of our trip highly stressful; I wasted a good deal of my vacaton time trying to deal with those idiots. Friends came and stayed in LP Lodge as well. When they called the front desk (in Marketplace) they were told our room was not managed by WR. Then they were told there was no parking for their SUV with a roof box; actually half the parking garage has such parking. They had to spend $25/night to park at Legends across the road (we came by bus so did not consider parking. Day lots in Whistler or Creekside no not allow any overnight parking). Our last day we wanted to ski and leave in the evening. In the emails I exchanged prior to booking they told me, "...if you book with them, you can pre arrange to leave your luggage there on your last day and agree to a particular return time to pick it up..." But when we got there, they said no we can't do that. They had no idea if anywhere in Whistler could check our bags for us. I called around but the only public lockers seem to be for skis or boots and will not hold a suitcase. The Greyhound bus "terminal" (hole in the wall) has nothing and other hotels will only check bags for their own customers due to insurance or something. I called the next day to see if we could stay an extra night and was told the room was not booked so we could. I called back later, got the same person, asked if we could arrange a late checkout and was told no because the room was booked. "You just told me it was not booked". "Oh, let me see, uhhh..., oh that's right, blah blah blah..." Either she was totally clueless or working for the competition. Her basic response to everything was just to say no, you can't do it. The third time I called and got the same person, I just hung up. I called after hours but they could not help other than to leave a message for the regular people to call me the next morning. They never did. The next day I tried again and got the person who said our room was not with WR so they couldn't do anything. I called that night but, again, all they could do was to leave an "urgent" message for the regular staff to call first thing in the morning. I never did hear from them. Of course most of this had to be done between ski runs at long distance rates on my cell phone which is incompetently managed by Bell Mobility..but thats another review. Fortunately some friends drove up the next day and we left our bags in their car while we skied. Otherwise, we would have missed a day skiing (one of only two days during our trip that the alpine areas were open) and Whistler would have missed 2 days lift passes. So my advice on Whistler Retreats is, "don't fall for it!" Save up some more money and book with someone else. If you can't afford that, don't go to Whistler.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled with family
9  Thank skibumpete
Reviewed 19 February 2011

We stayed in room 107 for 3 nights. The room was privately owned and managed/rented through ResortQuest. Rate was $160/night.

They only give you one key to the condo. While the door to the unit is a combo lock, the key is required to get in the front door. Only having one key can be a big inconvenience, so keep this in mind.

The worst part of this room was the check-in/out process. The ResortQuest desk for this condo is waaaay up in the Blackcomb Benchlands, in the lobby of the Aspens on Blackcomb. It is about a 7 km drive (10-15 minutes) and completely out of the way, up past the village in a place you really have no other reason to go. You are required to both pick up and then drop off the key to the common areas/parking at this location. We didn't see any reason why we needed to return the key to the desk; we expected to be able to just leave the key in the room. Its an extra 30 kms of driving (40 minutes to an hour) considering round-trips. Icing on the poor experience cake, I guess.

As for the room, it is dated and clearly showing its age. The bed is uncomfortable and squeaky. The shower smelled like mildew. Noise travels freely through the interior walls. This room faces Lake Placid Road, which is a main bus route, so there are diesel buses roaring by all through the day & night. It is also the main access for Creekside and day skier parking. The suite was stuffy and had an odd smell upon arrival, but you cannot sleep with the window open due to noise from outside. The electric baseboard heating is horrible; the thermostats are worn out and don't work properly. They blast you with heat and then freeze you solid before repeating the cycle. All of the gas fireplaces in the entire complex were turned off due to fire code violations. One of the two elevators was broken, with repairs scheduled in the coming weeks.

As for the decor... TACKY. They should call this room the "dances with wolves" suite. Framed photos of wolves adorn every free inch of the walls and there was even a well-used VHS copy of the movie on the shelf.

My wife and I booked this condo just for a place to sleep. The rest of our group was staying at another, larger and much nicer place where we spent most of our time. If we spent more time in the unit, we would surely be even more disappointed with our stay.

On the plus side, it has free parking and is very close to the Creekside base area. It was also very clean, besides the stale/stuffy smells.

This unit is the worst we have rented in Whistler. If you could get this suite for $99/night or less, I would consider it acceptable value for money. I do not recommend this unit. There is better value out there in the same price range.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple
4  Thank SirCanuck
Reviewed 18 December 2010

We like the location - at Creekside in Whistler, BC so it was quieter and not as busy. It's near the trails, which we wanted as we love to bike the trails. We got a one bedroom unit, with a loft, 2 bathrooms and a full kitchen. Everything was clean and updated. The bed in the bedroom had the hollow in the middle, so we just used the one in the loft. One thing to note: there is no check-in at this hotel. You have to go into Whistler to the Twin Peaks resort for this. We happened to phone a couple of days before we were going, to ask about pets and just happened to find this out. Apparently they are to email you the information, but we never got it. So call before you go!

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank LoewenSurrey_BC
Reviewed 23 September 2010

Good-Room had great balcony, was nicely decorated with fresh paint
Pool area was nice. Free calling which was nice becuase our US cell phone carrier charged 60cents/minute.
Bad-carpet & mattresses were needed to be replaced; appliances were old.
Door to unit was not hung properly & required a lift & pull to shut. No personnel on site.
Elevators were old & one got stuck twice while we were there.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family