“Good location and a solid hotel”

Hilton Whistler Resort & Spa
Ranked #15 of 49 Hotels in Whistler
GreenLeadersSilver level
London
“Good location and a solid hotel”
Reviewed 15 April 2012

We usually stay at the Westin but gave this a try as Westin was booked. In terms of location and rooms it is similar to and on par with the Westin. My only gripe is that a the spa and pool area was dirty and grotty which is a major problem as we all love a hot tub after a day on the slopes. A ski valet service would be a nice touch as well! The chap at Concierge however was brilliant and is the best/most helpful concierge I have come across in Whistler over the years.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (264)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Vacouver
Reviewed 12 April 2012

- Location - Gondola and lifts are only steps away. Take the back way out of the hotel by walking down the hallway to your right when you are facing the front desk, and then you will end up where the strip is and the gondolas are on your right.
- Service - I always request to get a room on a higher floor and far away from elevator. That was what I got! This is of course not guaranteed but you can tell that they are trying to be as accommodating as possible.
When we asked the concierge about how to get to the Scandinave Spa, she said it would be a 10 minutes cab ride and gave us two 10% discount cards for our spa experience. I have actually already gotten 2 $50 WaySpa vouchers from Costco for $79.99 which is a 20% discount. So I did not end up using the 10% discounts, but Hilton's great service should still be recognized. She also offered to call a taxi for us.
When we were leaving Whistler and waiting in the lobby for our shuttle bus (Premier Pacific Coach Lines) to come pick us up, Hilton staff offered to call the shuttle company to confirm our pick up.
- Room - Clean, fresh smelling, spacious. Kitchen was very complete, ready-to-use and modern. It had a microwave, dishwasher, and fridge. This is perfect if you plan on getting groceries and making a meal or two during your trip. They even had wine glasses and an ice chiller for your beverages.
- Disappointments - rooms are not very sound proof. Water pressure for shower was weak and temperature was a bit unstable. Once I had to step away to get away from the drastic temperature change. I think this might only be for my room and maybe even because the pool was being renovated. If Hilton reads this, please look into South building, room 465.
Overall, we are extremely happy to have stayed at Hilton and we will definitely be back! :)

Room Tip: South side rooms are quieter and corner suites are larger
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
tlefkovi, Manager at Hilton Whistler Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 18 April 2012
Dear fivestartrips,

Thank you for taking time to provide such a comprehensive review. I am delighted we were able to accommodate your requests to ensure you enjoyed your visit.

I would also like to thank you for brining the water temperature issue to our attention, as there was a problem in your room which has since been repaired.

I hope we’ll have the pleasure of welcoming you back for a visit very soon.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 12 April 2012

Great location and fantastic service. I would highly recommend the Hilton.
Great location and fantastic service. I would highly recommend the Hilton.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Whistler Blackcomb.com

London
Reviewed 12 April 2012

My 13 year old son and I wanted to take a late season ski trip during his spring break. I heard from friends that Whistler has the best late spring skiing (and it does!) and so booked the Hilton. It is central to the village, they ski valet with Summit Sports (also excellent) and you can walk to everything. The rooms are comfortable and spacious. The breakfast buffet (free for Hilton Diamond) is very good. I also had a massage and facial at the spa and that was wonderful as well. The sauna and whirlpool were very relaxing after a long day on the slopes. They are currently redoing the pool so I believe that is closed until mid-summer. The service was outstanding. We will definitely be back. I'm a picky traveler because I log so many miles for work. However, I cannot recommend the Hilton Whistler Resort highly enough. Great for families because of the conveniences. It also has a lodge like atmosphere that make it ideal for a romantic get away. Oh yeah... the skiing is amazing!

Room Tip: Get an upper floor because the views are amazing. Also, I highly recommend the Whistler Suite becau...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank SheridanO
tlefkovi, Manager at Hilton Whistler Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 13 April 2012
Dear SheirdanO,

I am thrilled to hear of your great spring break get away experience. As a Diamond member, I’m delighted we were able to provide a memorable stay for you and your son. We still have another month and half of skiing & riding in case you haven’t had your fill.

Winchester
Reviewed 8 April 2012

Just spent 10 days here. Having spent a great deal of time researching where to stay and despite reading some negative reviews we definitely made the right choice. Excellent levels of service, very comfortable rooms and a busy bar downstairs used as much by locals as by the hotel guests with an excellent team of waitresses and well managed by Paul.

As two Dads travelling with their 14 yr old sons we took two Junior suites, the Dads in one room and the boys in the other. The rooms were very comfortable with free wi fi. The beds were extremely comfortable. Excellent location for lifts and restaurants.

Bottom line is that this is a great place to stay and we will be returning next year.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 8 April 2012

Great location, helpful, friendly staff (special thanks to Gordon on the front desk..most helpful!) Because the Hilton was one of the first hotels built at Whistler, you'll find the rooms larger than most other 5 star hotels on the mountain. Very comfortable bed, and lots of space to relax in (we were in a King Junior Suite with kitchen).

While you're here, do have a meal in the hotel, it was amazing. As is typical with hotel restaurants, the ambiance wasn't fantastic which was a shame as the food was fantastic.

We hope to go back next year and decided to check out a 1 bedroom suite here at the Hilton and compared it with the Pan Pacific and the Westin (they all allowed us to check out their rooms). The Hilton won hands down in terms of space, and they were all comparable on price.

We'll definitely be back!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank cathnmark040
Dear Cathnmark040

Thank you for providing such great insight into your recent stay. It’s especially rewarding to hear since you were able to do a live comparison before booking with us. I will pass on your compliments to Gord as I know he takes great pride in connecting with all our guests.

We hope to see you again in the near future.