Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Expedia.comUS$135
Hotels.comUS$135
TravelocityUS$135
Agoda.comUS$135
PricelineUS$135
Vio.comUS$135
All reviews function junction olympic village budget stay shared room common areas bus stop train wreck main town hostel dorm cheakamus laundry canada trail shampoo
Selected filters
Reviewed November 18, 2018

This hostel is easy to find. From Whistler Village you hop on the Creekside bus, which leaves just metres from the Greyhound 'depot' (just a small sign, and a small room where you can book a ticket). Hop off at the terminus (15 or 20 minutes of scenic riding) & walk 20 metres.
If you feel like an evening out, Function Junction is about a 15 min walk away.
It started out as an Olympic residence, so it's fun to sleep in an actual Olympic Village!
The reception team are very welcoming & answer all your questions. There's a small bar-cafe on the ground floor with an ample choice of food / drinks.
They have a bicycle rental service.
Upstairs there's a spacious common room with ultra comfy sofas, computers for hostellers' use, a swap-a-book library, a great view out the window & even a fireplace.
There's a separate TV room with plenty of seating and a range of DVDs.
The kitchen's huge with vast numbers of glass fronted fridges, plenty of ovens / stove tops, & pots, pans, crockery... & there're several baskets where you can leave / pick up free food. The dining area looks like a nice restaurant & has excellent views out the windows.
The dorms have four beds in a room & 2 rooms share quite spacious loo, hand basins & shower. The mattresses are very comfy. Each bunk has a spacious locker.
The only thing I could say which isn't complimentary is.... They employ backpackers as cleaners (a couple of hours of work for free accommodation, I think). Anyway, at least when I was there, these cleaners don't do their job to any kind of reasonable standard. There were used dinner plates in the TV room (I was there 3 days / 2 nights & the plates remained in the TV room). There were spaghetti sauce smears on a dining table & bread crumbs on seats. I know that it's the hostellers' responsibility to tidy up after themselves, but if they don't... the staff have to jump into the breech. I lost an earring under my bunk & was shocked when I had a look: clumps of hair, kirby grips, old receipts, a dirty sock, food wrappers, a pen, a beer bottle, etc. Of course these cleaners come & go. By now they might have very good cleaners... but I think that the reception staff should do a few spot checks & tell the cleaners if / when their work isn't up to standard.

Date of stay: October 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed September 27, 2018

Recently stayed here for a few nights, whilst on a road trip around British Columbia! This is a very modern hostel with fantastic facilities! Although it is a 10-15 minute drive to downtown whistler, its still a great starting point for exploring the area! Cheers guys!

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed September 18, 2018

Staying in Whistler is expensive and this hostel was one of the cheapest options for the private room. The location is not in the village but close enough and there is a small convenience store just across the building. They have a cafe with a snack there as well and all the public area looked very nice.
What I did not like was that we had to pay an extra 10% because we are not a member of their club which I don't believe they have on the booking.com , but okay.
The room we stayed in was super huge and nice. Very high ceiling and super large bathroom and shower. The was was low but large and comfortable and many windows so it really didn't feel like a hostel at all.
I cannot say anything about the kitchen or the dorm rooms as I did not see it or use it.
I can say I had a good night in a private room with everything clean and friendly people. And also I saw some options for renting bikes etc. so they offer some activities as well.

Room tip: private room
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank muchlandrea
Reviewed September 17, 2018 via mobile

We took a private room with bathroom and the initial room given to us has dirty toilet bowl. We were given another room which was ok but can literally tell that the Housekeeping are not doing a good job. Too much dust everywhere in the room and towels were not replace. The bed itself is uncomfortable and makes lots of squeaky noise.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Ryan M, Manager at HI Whistler, responded to this reviewResponded November 1, 2018

Thank you for your review and feedback. Cleanliness is a top priority of ours and something we usually excel at. I've spoken with the team about this and we will use your feedback to improve. Thank you for bringing the issue to my attention.
Kind Regards,
Ryan, GM

Reviewed September 9, 2018 via mobile

Very clean hostel, from lobby to room to dining area. But like other hostels, the kitchen equipment not in the best equipment.

The service of the lady staff good, but can't say for the men.

Remember to grab a coffee from the lovely cafe staff after checking out!

Trip type: Travelled as a couple