Lowest prices for your stay
US$135
US$137
Travelocity
US$135
Hotels.comUS$135
Agoda.comUS$135
PricelineUS$135
All reviews function junction olympic village budget stay shared room common areas bus stop train wreck main town hostel dorm cheakamus laundry canada trail shampoo
Selected filters
Reviewed June 4, 2019 via mobile

Perfect base for whistler clean tidy and friendly staff definitely recommended I’ve stayed here winter and summer now always clean and maintained perfect value for money close to the village a short car drive or bus cost 2.50$

Date of stay: November 2018
1  Thank deanw18777
hiwhistler, General Manager at HI Whistler, responded to this reviewResponded June 6, 2019

Thanks for the feedback! Love that you've experienced our hostel in both winter and summer... you're welcome back anytime!
Cheers,
Ryan, GM

Reviewed April 28, 2019 via mobile

Hostel - modern, comfortable, good cafe for breakfast, en-suite forms (4 beds per dorm) and clean. Staff were all friendly and helpful. Huge kitchen and eating area and a good TV room for watching films.

Transport - 25-30min bus ride to town, regular departures. Very easy and runs through the night. Last bus is around 3am (we went out in Whistler for the apres ski and pub crawl on Saturday)

Surroundings - there are great hikes directly from the hostel, the train wreck walk is really beautiful and probably some of the nicest scenery we saw in BC. Also there is function junction which has a fantastic cafe (Wild Wood), delicious bakery and two breweries to drink at if you don’t want to go all the way into town. Function Junction is about 10mins walk from hostel and from there you can walk along various trails to all the lakes between the Olympic village and Whistler town, very nice.

Skiing -lift pass approx 130$ and equipment another 60-70$ if you need everything. The skiing is absolutely amazing and we were complete beginners and managed to get down both mountains on green runs.

We loved staying at Hi and I would definitely stay there again if I return to Whistler.

Date of stay: April 2019
Trip type: Travelled with friends
hiwhistler, Manager at HI Whistler, responded to this reviewResponded April 30, 2019

Thanks so much for your review and all the notes you wrote to help future guests! I'm really happy to hear you had such a great time in Whistler. We are also super keen on our natural surrounding and also the local's vibe our our "sister neighbourhood", Function Junction. Wildwood is delicious, right? :)
Hope to host you again!

Safe Travels,
Ryan

Reviewed April 12, 2019 via mobile

We visited Whistler for 2 days and had a stay in HI Hostel in Whistler for one night. The Hostel/Hotel is very clean and modern. It's also made for people in wheelchairs. Nice location and awesome landscape.

Date of stay: April 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
hiwhistler, General Manager at HI Whistler, responded to this reviewResponded April 15, 2019

Happy to hear that we helped make your visit to Whistler a good one! We also love our location as it definitely shows of the natural and beautiful side of Whistler :)
Thanks for taking the time for sharing your feedback!
Safe Travels, MrTraveler1990!
Ryan, GM

Reviewed March 11, 2019 via mobile

I stayed here as part of a Topdeck tour. We had a 4 bed female dorm and shared a bathroom with a second 4 bed female dorm. While I did enjoy having the extra people around, the single shower proved to be a challenge with 8 girls all trying to get ready at the same time. Other than the lack of showers, I really enjoyed my stay at HI Whistler. It is located a bit out of town but is close to bus stops. The room itself was clean, well heated and comfortable. I enjoyed my stay here and I will return.

Date of stay: February 2019
Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed February 28, 2019 via mobile

I stayed in this hostel on a school trip and let me just say I was very disgusted that the carpets were filthy. Towels were not replaced and were damp, also one of our other class mates had found blood on their sheets. The kitchen by far was the whorst though, utensils were dirty and fridge had no space left.

Date of stay: February 2019
3  Thank Grace83976
hiwhistler, General Manager at HI Whistler, responded to this reviewResponded February 28, 2019

Hello Grace,

I'm sorry to hear that we did not meet your expectations. We normally succeed in those areas, but it sounds like we dropped the ball during your time here. I am going to speak with our team to see where this happened and we will work to improve. I hope you were able to chat with our staff and that they had the chance to clean up the deficiencies you found while you were staying with us.

Kind Regards,