All reviews studio loft front desk great location grocery store village square two single beds indoor pool quiet side short walk to the lifts hotel room full kitchen main floor ski storage underground parking kitchenette skiing backcomb
Reviewed November 3, 2015

I will start by saying I was not actually staying at this hotel. On the morning of Halloween my boyfriend and I walked over to try a restaurant which we discovered had actually changed names and was not open. We ended up in the lobby to ask the front desk staff for any other recommendations on where we could find brunch at 11am.

The front desk staff was on the phone so we waited patiently....for no joke 10 minutes. While waiting it was clear she was talking to another employee and at no time acknowledged us standing in front of her or even stated 'Sorry I'll be right with you.' Once she was finished her phone call we asked about the restaurant in which she stated yes was closed for slow season. We asked for any suggestions and she said I'm sure there is something back in the village.

No suggestions, no map, it was quite clear we were a burden and she preferred to get back on the phone to complain again to her coworker which she had been doing.

Please if you are going to work somewhere, educate yourself with typical Q&A tourists will ask such as where to eat, if not provide a map or even suggest somewhere else to go ask to find the answers. I never even looked further than the lobby but we have no intentions of ever booking a room there.

• Stayed: October 2015, travelled as a couple
Phil_Cosgrave, Guest Relations Manager at Blackcomb Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded November 7, 2015

Dear Ter E,

Thank you for your feedback.

I apologise as it sounds like you did not receive the service that we would expect to be providing to our guests or a member of the public.

I have emailed you privately; please feel free to discuss the matter with me further.

Best regards,

Phil
Guest Services Manager

Reviewed October 25, 2015

We return to Whistler quite often usually staying at the higher chain hotels however our most recent trip to Whistler we made a last minute decision to stay here. And to our surprise we absolutely shocked. Check in was quick and easy (not having to wait in lines as per usual at the bigger hotels) Kelly was helpful and helped book us onto a zip trek tour which we did for the first time which was great, definitely something we will do in the winter time as well as and will be taking our kids with us, recommending fantastic places for dinner. The guy who checked us out was just at great (I cannot remember his name for the life of me). We didn't have high expectations for the room and boy were we surprised. The rooms were clean and up to the same standards of other hotels we usually stay at, the basic service we received daily is all that we needed. Will definitely be bringing our kids up with us during the winter and staying here again.

Room Tip: Studio rooms are perfect for couples.
  • Stayed: September 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed October 23, 2015 via mobile

We stayed here the past 3 nights on a short vacation from Vancouver. The location was very central, right in the village and the manager was very accommodating to our needs, very helpful with directions and suggestions on things to do. Thank you for a great stay!

Stayed: October 2015, travelled with family
Phil_Cosgrave, Guest Relations Manager at Blackcomb Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded October 25, 2015

Hi Maria,

Thank you very much for the positive feedback, we really appreciate it!

I am so glad you enjoyed your time with us. Please contact myself or our team next time you'd like to come to Whistler and we'll look after you.

Best regards,

Phil

Reviewed October 22, 2015

Booked a room with loft, 2 single beds on main, 2 in loft. Full kitchen amenities , perfect for a group of friends attending an event or weekend away!

Reviewed October 14, 2015

Check in and check out was super quick. Friendly and helpful staff. We booked a studio and it was equipped with a full kitchen, twin beds and a sofa bed. Whole place was clean. House keeping staff was polite. They have an indoor pool. Centrally located in the middle of the village. Walking distance to all nice restaurants and pubs. A grocery and a liquor store is just steps from the lodge. Our Previous visit to whistler was a great dissatisfaction since we booked a famous 4 star hotel. Rooms were unbelievably dirty and worn out plus rude staff and poor. Management. This lodge is great in terms of the price you pay things you get in return worth more.
Sent from my iPad