We stayed in the Deer Hotel unit of this three building resort. We've stayed at the Bear building a few times too. In summary, these three buildings, known as Deer, Eagle, and Bear, are somewhat no frills, relatively nice, hotels. The reception for all three is located on the first floor of the Deer building. There is no pool for any of the buildings. I'm pretty sure all the rooms have gas burning fireplaces, ensuite washer/dryer, full kitchens, and underground parking available. We always book through the website alluradirect.com and tend to get great deals. You are booking directly through the hotel unit owners and are therefore subject to less tax and no Whistler central booking surcharge. Our room was a second floor studio unit (fine for just the wife and I) with a murphy bed, full kitchen, fireplace, small balcony, and good mountain views. The rate we paid was $109 CAD / night + 12% taxes. Not bad at all for a good hotel room in the Whistler Village. The walk to the Blackcomb Excalibur gondola is about 6-7 minutes. You can make the walk a little more pleasant by checking your skis down below the Carleton Lodge (right in front of both gondolas) for $5 CAD / night. I noticed quite a few people commenting about the noise of late night partiers from their rooms of these hotels. We didn't find that to be a problem really ever and we've stayed at different rooms of the Deer building and Bear building about 6 times now. As is the case of all hotels in the Whistler Village, you shouldn't be shocked to hear someone being a bit too loud in their room or out on the village stroll for a few seconds. These units all appear to be privately owned so also keep in mind the quality of the interior furnishings and decorating is not uniform and varies quite a bit. All things considered, we like these three buildings and will continue to return. They're 3 star hotels but the price we always get for them compelled me to give them the four star rating for this website.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Town Plaza are a collection of three lodges, Deer, Bear and Eagle Lodge. These three buildings, which comprise the Town Plaza Suites, are located on the Village Stroll. Suites are approximately 250 meters to the Village ski lifts. Eagle Lodge features access to a common exercise room, indoor hot tub. Choose from studios to two bedroom suites. All Town Plaza's contemporary suites feature a full kitchen, gas fireplace, in-suite washer/dryer and most offer a private balcony. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Whistler Town Plaza Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Whistler Town Plaza Hotel Whistler
- Whistler Town Plaza Suites