New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

“Whistler 2012 Review” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of First Tracks Lodge

First Tracks Lodge
Ranked #9 of 49 Hotels in Whistler

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 January 2012

I would highly recommend to stay in this place if you want luxury experience with less money. I always come back to this place everything I come to Whistler with my family or with guests. I really like the heated floor in the bathrooms and in the kitchen. You won't regret to choose this place.

• Stayed January 2012
1 Thank Melody_vancouver2010
Langley City, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 January 2012

My family stayed at the First Tracks Lodge in Whistler. This hotel was a new condo style with heated kitchen and bathroom floors, excellent layouts with a warm cozy feeling for appetizers and wine. Smoothies for the kids:) Just outside the lobby, was the Creekside chair lift with an amazing kids ski club. The amenities include a pool with 2 hot tubs nestled on the side of the mountain. This was just a couple minutes outside the main Whistler village and had Nesters grocery store, Restaurants, Starbucks, etc just at your doorstep without walking far. It felt like a quiet serenity on your own private mountainside. I have stayed in the main village as well which is beautiful, but this location felt more secluded and relaxing even though we had all amenities at our fingertips. Kym was our reservations associate and she made our trip very enjoyable and had everything ready for us without asking. This is our number 1 place to stay in Whistler. Visit the website at www.firsttrackslodge.com

Room Tip: For those of you who have younger children, a 1 bedroom and den is perfect. Stays within the budget...
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Lisa R
Surrey, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 December 2011

I stayed at first track lodge for the first time in May 2011. I don't know how to describe how much of a wonderful service I received that theres no words to justify it. Whenever I needed something first track team was there to provide fast and kindful service. On top of that first track lodge has a five star facility in my point of view, such as hot tub, luxury big size rooms, gym and service. When I arrived home from my trip I noticed there was extra charge for vehicle parking on my visa statement. When I spoke with Kim from first track lodge regarding this situation, without any questions she reimbursed the extra charge but not just that she credited back the late stay in charges which I should have been charged for. When I asked Kim" why she is crediting back for the late in stay charges to the visa when I should be charged for it?" she responded back by saying" you gave our company so much business and we accidently charged u for a extra vehicle parking when u already paid cash for it, so this is our way of saying sorry for the mistake we have made and thank you for your business. I felt extremely welcomed and thankful after I spoke with Kim. I decided whenever I go to whistler I’m going to stay at first track lodge even if I have to pay a little more compared to other places. I realized without any doubt that I won’t get a total package deal such as loyalty, quality, service, respect, beautiful facility which first track lodge has provided to me. I already went back couple of times to first track lodge after my first trip. I feel like I’m just at home and theres no better place like first track lodge where their extremely generous and polite to their guest. The staffs, especially Kim is always helpful when I have questions during our conversations at first track lodge. If I could give bonus rankings to first track lodge I would without thinking give them 11 out of 10. I strongly suggest to everyone if they ever go to whistler please stay at first track lodge. You won’t be disappointed and you will get your monies worth. Afterwards you wouldn’t feel like staying anywhere else other than first track lodge like me. Thank you very much first track lodge. You definitely made my entire visit memorable. I greatly appreciate it

Room Tip: i stayed at one, two and three bedrooms>>> i recommands them all
  • Stayed May 2011, travelled with family
Gig Harbor, Washington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 November 2011

Great Hotel. Clean and nicely furnished with large rooms. However, I was surprised that the both Whistler and Blackcomb do not open the top lifts until two to three weeks after the season start. All of the top chairs were closed and this is where the great terrain and great skiing is. There was plenty of snow this year, however I think that the resort simply plans their schedule to get the top lifts open late. I assume that this is a combination of safety/personnel scheduling issues but I am sure that this decision has a financial component as well. The lower third of the mountain had zero grooming which made it difficult to get back to the hotel. It had the effect of turning a world class ski area (with prices to match) into a small, poorly groomed ski hill. I would think that Whistler would want to give a better experience to the thousands of skiiers who were paying for early season skiing. The moral of the story is to be careful about early season booking. You might have great snow with very little open terrain. Dissapointing.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Whistler Blackcomb.com

1 Thank FamilyGuy94
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 November 2011

Came to whistler with a few friends for a wedding and stayed at first tracks. Beautiful apartment for the five of us! Used the gym and hot tub:) and you couldn't be closer to the slopes!:)
Very awesome!!!!

• Stayed November 2011
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 October 2011

We were told by the extremely polite reservations agent over the phone that our room was the smallest they had.

It was enormous. We had such a great time. The kitchen was phenomenal, great location, pretty and rustic. The bed was super comfy.

The parking was a little pricey, but it's Whistler.

Room Tip: Ask for Room #107 for a one bedroom. It was AWESOME
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple