All reviews cross country skiing ski touring wood fired sauna highly recommend this experience country experience fantastic adventure beautiful mountains two nights games room end of the day terrain backcountry trail snow powder tobogganing gear
Reviewed January 24, 2018 via mobile

Had a opportunity to work with one of the investors in the lodge clearing the accumulated snow off the main buildings roof, and 8 exhausting hours later was thrilled I did. Journeyman lodge has a terrific front of house staff that are obviously keen backcountry enthusiasts; these fine folks ensure that your stay is as pampered or rugged as you want tailored for your stay. Matching the guest service experience is the kitchen staff who carefully craft meals for all the guests and any dietary needs. The lovely aroma of hot soup gently wafting throughout the dining room and downstairs. I have enjoyed 4 nights at the lodge and always have left stuffed and happy to have made new friends while chatting of our days activities and the snow accumulations. The snow here is top notch, and routinely inspected and posted for guests knowledge as per avalanche conditions, safety is paramount here. My favourite spot is just in front of the second floor fireplace, within earshot of the pool table, dartboards and the easy chair where guest regail the days highlights over snifters of brandy, cold beer or a nice glass of vino. There are 2 new rooms added this winter, and the lodge is in beautiful shape. I would suggest that you come and experience beautiful British Columbia’s winter recreation here. Some of the activities you can do include: snowshoeing, cross country skiing, hiking, tobogganing, snowcat travel and snowmobiling. This is one of my favourite places I have reviewed for Trip advisor.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed January 23, 2018

My girlfriends and I spent two nights at Journeyman lodge in early January. Unfortunately, our experience was dampened by a family of 14 that took over the entire common area for the duration of our stay. There are fewer seats than the number of guests and a few more chairs would have been nice so that everyone could enjoy the space. I also felt the staff did very little to accommodate everyone.
We spent the entire time cramped in our room after two long days of skiing. The rooms are a bit basic and I would advise anyone who is considering a stay to book the apartment instead of the rooms in the event this happens to you!

The bagged lunch was pretty bad- terrible sandwich, a stale cookie, and a juicebox. I'd recommend supplementing with your own food if you plan on long days of activity.

The scenery is beautiful and the sauna was definitely a highlight. For the expense, I would have expected better staff involvement and possibly an improvement on the food front.

Room Tip: Request the apartment if you'd like to ensure that you have a space to relax after skiing.
Reviewed January 16, 2018

I stayed at the Journeyman Lodge as a staff Christmas trip on January 8th & 9th and it was so much more than I expected! We were treated with a cozy cat ride in to the lodge, a cat ride out the following day and all of our luggage was shuttled in by snowmobile. Great service followed by more great service!

We were greeted with smiling faces as we entered the beautiful lodge. The staff help us with some route finding before we set out on our splitboards and skis as we had never been to the area before. The terrain was not disappointing! We were lucky enough to have 20cm of fresh snow fall overnight so we set out early the second day to get some turns and make it back on time to catch the cat shuttle out.

The chef Joe, and the lodge attendant Valerie took excellent care of us during our stay and prepare DELICIOUS food and always had fresh coffee out for us. We really enjoyed the lounge areas with pool table, darts, and table tennis. But our favourite part was the outdoor, wood burning sauna down by the creek!

Can't wait to go back again some day! Thanks again Callaghan team!

Room Tip: Don't forget about the sauna!
Reviewed January 15, 2018

Beautiful Landscape!

Beautiful Skiing!

Beautiful Snow!

Beautiful Staff!

Beautiful Food!

Beautiful Lodge!

The Journeyman Lodge was, in no uncertain terms, a BEAUTIFUL place to spend a few days with friends, I would go back in a heartbeat!

Reviewed January 12, 2018

Took a trip with co-workers up to the Journeyman Lodge for a one-night getaway, and was super impressed! We had a transfer in and out by cat, which was neat since I'd never been in a cat before.

Upon arrival, we were greeted with a tour, tea and coffee, and slippers! In the evening, we were served fantastic pre-dinner appetizers (perfect since we were hungry after a day's skiing) and then a 3 course dinner. The food was really good, and much fancier than I expected, though the dining experience was not pretentious at all. We stayed in the sleeping nook rooms, which had very comfortable beds in rooms outfitted with a little storage and hanging area for each person. The lodge itself was huge, outfitted with multiple living rooms, a pool table, books, a wood burning stove, and everything you would want for a cozy evening. Everything was warm and clean.

The skiing was also awesome. We had 20cm of fresh snow overnight, and were the only people up there! We were so close to home (as the crow flies) and yet we felt like we were a world away. The place has a strong wilderness feel, despite the luxury lodge. Avalanche danger was a bit high, but there were still lots of mellow lines suitable for the conditions. I don't think I've ever had so much fun tree skiing. If we would have stayed longer, I would have liked to make it a multi-sport trip and included some snowshoeing and cross-country skiing since there is so much terrain available for those activities as well.

I would absolutely go there again, perhaps for a romantic getaway or special occasion. One night was just not enough! It's nice to have such a special place so close to home.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled on business