All reviews cross country skiing ski touring wood fired sauna highly recommend this experience country experience fantastic adventure beautiful mountains two nights games room end of the day terrain backcountry trail snow powder tobogganing gear
Reviewed March 21, 2018 via mobile

Journeyman Lodge in Callaghan country near Whistler BC is a fantastic back country experience. Friendly staff, comfortable accommodation, great food and beautiful lodge with access to cross country skiing, snowshoeing and ski touring out the front door.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed March 5, 2018

Great place to get away and enjoy what British Columbia has to offer. Beautiful scenery, fantastic skiing and a cozy back country lodge.
If your looking for peace and quiet this is not your place as there are always people around making noise, didn't bother me but it may for some. Top notch Family style dinners and a cozy Scandinavian sauna helped to cap off a perfect getaway.

Room Tip: Get a suite with a bathroom
  • Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed March 5, 2018 via mobile

My husband and 14-year-old son and I had a wonderful two night stay at the journeyman lodge. This ski was just the beautiful and well marked. The lodge is very clean with good food, flush toilets, showers, and sauna (not usually found at a backcountry cabin). Spent the day Backcountry skingand the snow was fabulous, the resources at the lodge work very good and easy. Highly recommend.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed March 4, 2018 via mobile

We have had a home in Whistler for years and have heard about the lodge and said we would go many times. But had never made it. This year however we went for three nights and had an amazing experience. The track in was a great workout and enjoyable. The accommodations were comfortable and relaxing. We day toured and just plain relaxed. The food was great as well. We also met some new friends. The best part was being offline and unplugged for a few days. We will go back next year.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed February 19, 2018

I've had 30 years now of backcountry trips, staying at ACC huts to fully catered and guided operations. This was my second trip into Journeyman Lodge and I tell everyone I know I think it is a hidden gem that would (oddly) have a better reputation if it wasn't so easy to get to! It took me 25 years of living in Vancouver before i tried it, and I am a dedicated fan now. It has the balance of great skiing terrain (xc and backcountry) and a warm cozy lodge that has enough nooks and open areas to encourage great conversations. I think one of its great strengths is that it has appeal for a wide range of interests - from the hard core (I probably fit there) to someone who is just comfortable in Whistler's slack-country, through to a group that wants to hire a guide and explore the true backcountry. I would go again even if I could only take my xc gear. Having the option to go in by snowcat or ski in is fantastic. With good conditions the ski in is gorgeous and on a stormy day (like this year), the cat was perfect and easy. My focus was on backcountry skiing and l found the terrain had a bit of everything, and easy to get to. Lots to explore. We also had our xc gear and did some evening skiing - it was breathtaking.
My only niggling complaint is that the dining room is a bit like an echo chamber. Its ambiance could be easily enhanced.
The staff were great (did a great job of getting everyones' kit dry each night) , the accomodations super comfy, the food was great (love the appetizers in the living room), and the trail-grooming seemed first-class.

Room Tip: I would be happy in any of the rooms i saw.
  • Stayed: January 2018, travelled with friends