“Delicious meal in a warm environment”
Review of Thunderbird Cafe

Thunderbird Cafe
Ranked #114 of 204 Restaurants in Whistler
Price range: US$9 - US$12
Cuisines: Barbecue, Native American, Canadian
Good for: Groups
Dining options: Outdoor Seating
Reviewed July 26, 2016

I'm so glad I chose the Thunderbird Cafe in the Lil'wat Cultural Centre for lunch in Whistler. Away from the summer heat, I enjoyed the Bannock Taco and wow! It was amazing. Great service in a neat setting, too!

1  Thank Denis O

Reviewed July 9, 2016

I enjoy quality food ingredients and this little cafe offers just that. They have a small but varied menu with local and First Nations cultural inspiration. They are friendly, generous, quality, clean, and reasonable. I'd love to go again, but we were only in Canada for a short visit. I loved the berry iced tea because it had wonderful natural flavor that wasn't masked with sugar as some are. The cedar-planked salmon was on display in the case and looked lovely, although we just wanted a bit of snack so we had the fry bread (called bannock here). There is butter, sugar and peanut butter as optional toppings.

1  Thank suelynnie
Reviewed April 4, 2016

Good service and lovely food and coffee especially the salmon although others were saying the chilli was very good too.

Reviewed October 1, 2015

We had sampled First Nation food and it was absolutely delicious! Simple and basic but very tasty particularly the Bison Sausages.

1  Thank Fletch2014
Reviewed September 24, 2015 via mobile

Not much seating for this popular cafe in an interesting museum. The food is freshly cooked and good value, Salmon and Corn Chowder or Venison Chilli both with bannock bread being examples. The bannock to me seemed more like what we would call a doughnut (minus the sugar) in England!