“Best Bike Shop and Touring Company in Whistler”
Review of Arbutus Routes

Arbutus Routes
Ranked #10 of 54 Tours in Whistler
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Whistler Biking Tours, Rentals & Adventure Travel. Experience the beauty of Whistler with our premium rentals and professional guides. We offer a variety of guided bike tours; from scenic rides around the lakes through to challenging singletrack experiences. Our bike shop in Whistler's upper village specializes in premium bike rentals, service, retail and tours. Arbutus Routes also offers Adventure Travel trips throughout Southwest British Columbia.
Reviewed 22 July 2015

I'm so glad to see Arbutus has 40 average 5 star reviews. Matt and his entire staff are amazing and work so hard to provide each customer (male or female, young or old, and all ability levels from the absolute beginner to the seasoned pro) excellent service whether it be with a rental or a tour or bike maintenance. This was my 4th year hiring Arbutus for guided rides and lessons, and every single guide I have had has been totally awesome and encouraging. He seems to have a knack for hiring happy, engaged, talented people that really stand out from the Whistler-owned monopoly of bike shops in the village. Matt also specializes in multi-day trips that can be customized to meet any group's needs, small or large.
Thanks to Ken for all of your encouragement in my husband's first MTB lesson and all the fun and laughter in teaching me how to do a wheelie and a bunny hop :)

1  Thank HarrisFamilythree
There are newer reviews for Arbutus Routes

Reviewed 19 July 2015 via mobile

The staff were great, everyone was friendly and helpful. Shop is presented well and I had no trouble getting parts for my bike. The free bike wash outside was really handy too when I was packing up to fly home.

I would recommend this shop to anyone looking for a professional bike shop to help you maintain your bike.

Reviewed 10 July 2015

Guys at shop were awesome. Rented five bikes on short notice and ended up having to cancel one of the rentals In the morning and were not charged. Bikes were available a couple hours earlier than planned so we could hit the afternoon/evening downhill hours. One of the tires got punctured and a staff member stayed back (after hours) to fix it so we could still ride for a few more hours. Much appreciated! There are lots of locations to rent in whistler but Arbutus service sets them apart! Will be back again,

Reviewed 4 July 2015

I was looking for a guided ride through the forests around Whistler. I am an old road biker with no mountain bike experience and was not looking to break anything. Arbutus set me up with a full suspension Specialized Stumpjumper and Greg, my guide. The price was fair and the add-on for the private guide was very reasonable. The bike was in excellent condition with a telescoping seat--new to me and quite useful. The trip could not have been better. Greg quickly sized me up, started with green trails that I could handle, then moved to some blues. The pace and challenge were just right for my skills and condition. We rode trails that I would never have found. I highly recommend Arbutus and will definitely use them again. By the way, I am told that an Arbutus is a tree that grows in Canada.

Reviewed 2 July 2015 via mobile

Shaun took my husband and I on a guided tour up the mountain. It was absolutely fabulous and even saw a mother bear and her cub from the chairlift. He was incredibly patient and professional and was money well spent as learnt so much. Thanks very much.