All reviews great location sundial boutique worked perfectly wear and tear pleasant stay ski snowboard living room village square night stay good size full kitchen underground parking condo base gondola noise housekeeping
Reviewed August 13, 2012 via mobile

Stayed at Carleton Lodge for the first time this past weekend. Got a deal online for a bronze level suite (rm 202). First for the positives....the location is excellent! It's walking distance to the gondolas, shops and restaurants. The two bedroom suite was spacious enough to accommodate 5 people, the couch was large and comfortable....loved that it was a sectional. Liked that it had a flat screen tv. Had a great view of the mountain! Now for a few negatives.....the kitchen stove and both bathrooms were outdated. The tubs drained slowly and the water pressure in the shower was less than satisfactory. I also found it strange to charge for both cars....it would be nice if one car stall is included. I know I paid for a bronze level suite so the furnishing and amenities would reflect the price....the suite was definitely basic.....might stay at the Carleton lodge again but next time I would opt for a more modern and nicely decorated suite. We made the most out of it though, my girls and I still had a great weekend in Whistler!

• Stayed: August 2012
3  Thank twinsie
Reviewed August 4, 2012

Here for the August long weekend. Hugely disappointed with this hotel! No air conditioning, unbearable in this heat, dreading the next 2 days. On arrival was driven to a run around the car park by staff to find our suite, some kind of mixed up communications. Got into the suite and found it was extremely hot and uncomfortable, no fan in the 2nd room, there was no iron in the room either had to ask for one. When the guy arrived wi the iron it was like he didn't believe we didn't't have an iron. Later in the evening the family wanted to watch a movie and the DVD was not playing, had to call the concierge again to come fix it, nothing but trouble this place. Also as the evening wore on the noise from the outside was unbearable, more so because we could not close the sliding doors because of the unbearable heat. this suite 204 is apparently Platinum, let me tell you it's far from it. Will not stay here again ever, nor can I recommend this place. Next time we will be staying at another property for sure. Hugely disappointed, can't wait for the weekend to be over !

Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Vish P
Reviewed June 16, 2012

Stayed for 15 nights in one of the platinum rooms for a quick trip to Whistler late May through to early June and was traveling with our one year old son plus mountain bikes. Booked the accommodation 4 months before the trip as we wanted somewhere to stay which was close to the the shops and restaurants but also close to the bike park. Location was absolutely brilliant. Extremely comfy room with spectacular views of the mountains. Gondolas and lifts right outside the door as well as the Village Stroll with all of the shops and restaurants. Staff were extremely friendly and helpful. Only few negatives to our stay was the noise at night particularly from Friday through to Sunday coming from the bars below the hotel, the bed in master bedroom was a little uncomfortable and house keeping came only every 3 days so on a long stay the floors and bathrooms tended to get quite dirty by the 3rd day. In saying that we will definitely stay again.

Room Tip: We stayed in a platinum room which was great. The room was number 204 and had 2 bedrooms. One with bunk beds and the other with a queen. Great room if you have kids however can get noisy at night because of loud music in the bars below.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed April 12, 2012

We stayed at the Carleton Lodge over Spring Break. We were in Suite 404 (the only 3 bedroom at the Carleton Lodge). We booked our trip almost a year in advance because we wanted the great location and the three bedroom because we planned to take our 3 kids and my parents on our trip. My husband and I had been to Whistler twice before and both times we stayed at the Pan Pacific Mountainside. We had a great experience at the PP and the location of the PP is great, but the largest room they have is a 2 bedroom suite, which was too small for our purposes.

When we found the 3 bedroom suite at the Carleton, we were thrilled because we had the same great location (at the base of the Village very close to the Whistler and Blackcomb gondolas) as the Pan Pacific, but with the room for 7 people in one condo. First the good news, the location is great. The proximity to the slopes could not be more convenient. However, as many other reviews have pointed out, the location might be “too” central. It is located directly above the Longhorn saloon, which is a happening, thumping, pumping scene. The noise factor should not be underestimated if you are a light sleeper. There were a couple of nights that the music was going strong well after 2 a.m.

My biggest complaint about the Carleton Lodge was that the condo was not clean. In fact, it was filthy. There were 4 bathrooms in the condo, which is nice, but they ALL smelled like mildew and not just a little bit. It got to the point where my mom actually took the shower curtains down and WASHED them. It was really pretty nasty. The carpet was filthy and I didn’t want my kids sitting on it. When I opened up the pull-out beds, crumbs (and not just a week’s worth, more like 6 month’s worth) came spilling out. There were mystery stains on the VERY VERY VERY low thread count sheets (100 thread count? Do they make them that low?). I actually went around pulling up the bedding looking for bedbugs (there weren’t any, but it was just so filthy that I needed to check). You saw built up crud in all the corners of all the rooms. They clean every 3 days (twice in the 7 days we were there), and other than getting the trash and leaving more towels, I don’t think they actually cleaned anything—by the middle of the week, toilets had rings in them and they were still there right after the cleaning crew “cleaned”.

We love Whistler and have already booked a return trip next Spring Break, but we won’t be going back to the Carleton Lodge. It’s too bad, because the location is convenient to getting up and down the slopes. But, we decided that we would sacrifice a bit of that convenience for comfort, cleanliness and service. The Pan Pacific Village Center has 3 bedroom suites and penthouses. We’ve already booked a suite for next March. It’s not quite as close to the gondolas, but since we have stayed at the PP Mountainside twice and had a great experience, we figured we could at least count on it being clean and having the space we need. I know that when you stay in a condo, you don't expect the same service you get in a hotel and that was factored into my review (that's why I gave it 3 stars instead of 1), but there is a certain minimum that below which is simply ridiculous and starts getting into the uninhabitable realm. Also, it is my understanding that the condos are privately owned, so some may be cleaner than the one we stayed in, but I did note that it was the same "cleaning crew" (if you can call them that) cleaning other condos while we were there.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family