Nita Lake Lodge
Tantalus Lodge(Whistler)
  • Restaurant
  • Restaurant
2,075 results
All reviewslake viewaura restaurantpaddle boardscure loungefix cafewhistler villagefrozen lakeheated floorsfree shuttleon demandshuttle servicecreekside gondolavalley trailsoaker tubhuge bathroomfrench pressminute drive
Reviewed April 3, 2012

Review collected in partnership with Whistler Blackcomb.com
Reviewed April 1, 2012

Stayed here with my family over Christmas 2011 from the 21st to the 28th of December.
First of all; the hotel is beautiful, it feels like a boutique hotel as opposed to some of the big hotels in Whistler village that feel very corporate with little individuality.
The staff were also very friendly and accommodating, advising us on great places to go in the village and creekside; creek bread was definitely a great tip we would have missed without the staff!
The shuttle guys were also brilliant, chatty and always happy to see you. I've seen some people complaining in there reviews about having to wait for a shuttle but they are free and whenever we phoned ahead of time (never more than 30 mins) we were always able to get a shuttle.

My only issue with the stay was that my family was under the impression we had booked a two bedroom lake view loft suite, when we had actually been booked in for a two bedroom lake view suite, that was on one level rather than split over two. This wasn't necessarily the fault of the hotel but it wasn't what my family had been expecting and after 24 hours of travelling it was a bit of a disappointment, so if you're looking for one of these suites I would definitely recommend double checking with the hotel that they have you booked in for the right suite. All that said the suite was beautiful, clean and stylish and had plenty of space for the four of us to spend a week together without going crazy!
I would also recommend paying the extra for a lake view suite, nothing more magical than waking up on Christmas day to a view of a frozen lake!

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank englishowl10
Reviewed April 1, 2012

I am a Vancouverite who has been going to Whistler for the last fifteen years and have stayed in all the different resorts Whistler has to offer. Nita Lake Lodge is by far the best hidden secret that Whistler & Whistler Creekside has to offer. The rooms are new, clean and architecturally West Coast. The staff is excellent and goes out of their way to make sure that your stay is satisfying in every way. Creekside offers easy access to lift's, great covered secure free daytime parking, apres ski activities at Dusty's and a real local feel. If you are looking for a resort like stay at very reasonable rates with great access to the mountain then I would recommend you check out the Nita Lake Lodge. Great restaurants and lounges can be found in the lodge or a short walking distance away.

Room Tip: I should keep this secret to myself - unit #105 will not disappoint I guarantee.
1  Thank GregfromVan
Reviewed March 31, 2012

May be the best hotel in Whistler. This was our second stay.

Creekside location is beautiful, quiet, but close to many places; 5 minute walk to locker (they provide for gear), then lifts; courtesy shuttle to & from village at your request!

Staff (Jill, Glen, wish we could remember everyones name) are the most helpfull we've experienced outside of Switzerland/Germany; courteous knowledgable and genuinely helpfull with hotel, other restaurants, etc., etc..

Lakeview studio room was spacious, well appointed: fireplace works great, beautiful lake view, comfy bed/linens/etc; bathroom exceptionally nice, with huge soaker tub, stone floors and shower! Overall this hotel is a modern take on the old Fairmont type of luxury, well designed, high quality finishes and decor throughout. (Depending on the rate when you book of course), it would be difficult if not impossible to find a comparable place in the price range.

New lounge is great atmosphere, food and service (we really thought the staff were quite friendly), good value also (did not eat at other two this trip).

Only a couple (nit-picking, perhaps) suggestion for improvement were:
- Hot tubs are sub-par, should be a large pool, lose the afterthought floodlights and fix the soapiness (was same 2 years ago!).
- Foot of bed crushed from sitting, maybe adding an 8" wide footboard level with mattress for sitting/leaning would be nice and save mattresses...
- we heard a number of complaints about breakfast service staff (from friends staying here on this trip) that really should be addressed to maintain what is otherwise impeccable service.

Room Tip: Lake view, but really, don't think you can go wrong
1  Thank Lono_TL
Reviewed March 31, 2012

After one day, I felt right at home during my short stay at NLL. The rooms are the best I have seen by far... and I have seen quite amazing ones: Clean, spacious, great views, comfy, and great decor. The best thing about NLL though is the friendly staff and the quality of service they provide. Anything you want, any request, and the staff will go over and beyond to make it happen: Advice about best restaurants, activities to do, requests for the room... Plus, the shuttle is complementary and the drivers good-hearted people. We had breakfast a couple of times at Aura, and drinks and deserts in the lounge: Great times. They definitely made my life easier when choosing a place to stay the next time I go to Whistler.

• Stayed: March 2012