2,188 results
All reviews lake view aura restaurant paddle boards cure lounge fix cafe whistler village small lake frozen lake free shuttle on demand heated floors shuttle service creekside gondola valley trail huge bathroom soaker tub french press
Reviewed February 8, 2013

I'm often in agreement with other reviewers. I'm afraid this time I won't be. We sure liked the sound of Nita Lake from the other comments. I wanted to book into a top hotel, and decided against a big chain property, even though many were available in Whistler.

We arrived shortly after noon on Monday. They were very pleasant at the front desk and said our room was ready and we could check right in. They gave us access cards and a 6 digit code for entry. We got upstairs, entered the code, but the door didn't unlock. Tried again, same result. A housekeeping staff member came over and let us in. When I went back to the front desk, they told me that they don't reset the codes until 2:00pm and it wouldn't work until then. Why wouldn't they tell us that up front. Unimpressed, I headed back upstairs.

We got unpacked and I decided to check my emails. There was no internet. I called down, and was given a 1 800 number for technical support. Called them and spent 10 minutes on the phone and they couldn't help. The internet was working fine in the hallway, just not in our room. I went back down to the front desk and was told, yes, they had internet problems in this room, but could move us to another room if I wished. I was pretty mad at this point. Would it not have made sense to ask if we would need internet prior to checkin, and then not book us in a room where it did not work?

We finally got moved up 2 floors and the internet worked fine. The room is attractive enough, however, the chair and love seat are impossible to sit in for any period of time without serious back issues. Worse, the bed is so soft we woke up each morning wishing for more support. The pillows on the other hand are so puffy and firm, they don't go with the bed at all. We called down again to the front desk and requested softer pillows. They said they only had one left but would have it up at once. Another example of how this place is run.

For positives - nice bathroom, friendly staff, quiet location, and probably a nice lake view in the summer (didn't look like much frozen over). For negatives - the issues above. The real deal breaker for us is the bed. As we checked out, I expressed our thoughts on the bed to the reception clerk. Her reply - oh yes, we have heard this before. Unbelievable. We simply won't risk going back if we cannot get a good night's sleep.

Date of stay: February 2013
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
3  Thank ashle4
NitaGuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Nita Lake Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded February 11, 2013

Dear Ashley,
Thank you for taking the time to talk to me today and discuss your comments regarding your recent stay. Please accept my very sincere apologies for the issues you experienced. We aim to deliver the highest level of service to all of our guests and hope that all our guests have an enjoyable and relaxing stay. I assure you I will be addressing all your concerns and am working on a solution to the soft bed in time for your next visit. We look forward to welcoming you and Wendy back to the lodge for a stay that will not only meet but also exceed your expectations.
Kindest Regards,
Nancy Steward
nancy@nitalakelodge.com

Reviewed February 7, 2013

Do you ever feel that you would like to enjoy the convenience of vibrant Whistler Village and easy mountain access without being surrounded by the incumbent crowds twenty-four hours a day? If so, I would recommend the Nita Lake Lodge. The hotel itself has everything you need - a restaurant, a coffee shop, a bar, spa, exercise facilities, and hot tub. It is well maintained and the rooms are very nicely appointed and clean.

The Lodge has ski lockers near the Creekside Gondola - about a four minute walk. Then it is another 90 seconds to the gondola to Mid-Station and access to all the Whistler Blackcomb terrain. There are little stores for all basic needs within a five minute walk.

There is a very convenient shuttle - be in the middle of all the madness that is Whistler Village in five minutes.

Room tip: I should have asked for a lake view - I will next time.
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed February 7, 2013

We had a great 3 night stay at Nita Lake Lodge! It's walking distance to the Whistler Creekside gondola which was super convenient. I was pleasantly surprise by both restaurants at the property. We ended up eating dinner there twice which was great. The restaurant for breakfast would likely now be my top ten hotel breakfasts. Nice presentation, great taste and reasonably priced.

Second floor hot tub was great to relax in after a day on the hill.

I'll likely stay here on my next trip to Whistler.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed February 5, 2013

In common with most reviews, most aspects are very good. We stayed in a Lakeview room, the bathroom is excellent, the bed & linen also.....and the size is generous. Lack of drawers does make it a little awkward for some items when unpacking....but the rooms were clean and were cleaned well.

At breakfast, the voucher system works well although we did find some waiters were far better than others.

At reception Hannah proved incredibly helpful and the drivers especially Glenn were fun and always flexible when picking-up or dropping-off in the minibus.

The bar area is well designed, rustic and drinks are well priced.

Where we did have issues is the lack of visibility of management, having stayed for nearly 2 wks, I actually have no idea who the managers were.... I expect and appreciate managers walking round and greeting guests, interacting and also ensuring that a guests stay is trouble free. This just didn't happen....and when staying at the top hotels, this is what makes and keeps them at the top of the pile, keeping standards high.

Additionally, our group had numerous problems with the wifi network and poor reception.

The services, location and design are excellent but with stronger management presence and a higher emphasis on quality, it really could be a fantastic place to stay.

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
2  Thank YorkshireViking7
Reviewed February 5, 2013

I stayed in Nita Lake Lodge in April 2012. My experience was incredible. The service was great and the hotel was very clean. I have stayed in many hotels over the years in Whistler and this hotel is for sure my favourite. It is a one of a kind dining experience and the spa is incredible. I would highly suggest this hotel when planning your next trip in Whistler BC.

Date of stay: April 2012