2,172 results
All reviews lake view aura restaurant paddle boards cure lounge fix cafe whistler village small lake frozen lake free shuttle on demand heated floors shuttle service creekside gondola valley trail soaker tub huge bathroom french press
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

The hotel is just amazing. Really great place, great room, great view. The location is also really nice and there are a lot of free services: bike rent, etc. The breakfasts were really nice too. Amazing stay overall

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
Simon H, Manager at Nita Lake Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear guest,

Thank you for providing your feedback and for rating Nita Lake Lodge five stars. I'm pleased to see that you enjoyed your stay with us and we can't wait to welcome you back in the future.

Until next time,

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Just stayed for a single night a day ago so my thoughts are very fresh.

The Great

Room
We stayed in a 2 bedroom lakeview suite. Room was huge, full separate suite upstairs with TV, massive bathroom and shower, downstairs has a small kitchenette which was handy with 2 little kids and a great patio. I would love to wake up to that view everyday. The room was very comfy, great linens, robes, slippers and heated floors for the bathrooms. We really loved the room and could easily stay here for a week.

Snacks and Drinks
Had a charcuterie plate and a couple of beers at the Cure lounge. Plate was tasty as well as the beer and the prices were not bad.

Shuttle Service
The have a complimentary shuttle service on demand to the main village. The ride is around 5-7 min so you don't have to wait long at either end. Handy so once you park your car (if you drove), you don't have to drive which means you can have a glass of wine or 2 in the village.

The Bad

No room service in the hotel
My kids were grumpy and tired after a full day out so I wanted to spare other patrons in the restaurant from some possibly high pitched whining and order in. To my surprise, no room service but they said they could deliver a menu from the Cure lounge and we could order something there. Unfortunately there was not a lot on the menu that my kids would want, would have preferred to get something from their restaurant Aura. The lodge is not far from a main intersection where there's a few kinda fast options like pizza, subway and a Bento box place. I ended up walking to get something for the family to eat.

Not trying to be really picky here but we drove up to the front of the hotel, no one else was in the area, I fiddled around with the kids and luggage etc for quite a long time and no one came out to greet or valet the car. I finally walked into the first sliding door and I asked the gentleman standing at the podium if this was the main entrance and lobby and he said yes, he was there the whole time. Don't get me wrong, he was a nice fellow, just odd in my experience that no one would greet with a cart or anything at this caliber of resort.

Aura Restaurant Breakfast
This ones a doozie. We had breakfast included in our package so we went to Auro restaurant. There weren't a lot of customers, maybe 4-5 tables when we were there. We were prompt seated and orders were taken within 10 min of arriving. Surprisingly, a tea, hot chocolate, and a coffee took over 10 min to arrive. We had ordered a salmon benedict, a short rib hash, a kids pancake and a kids granola parfait. We waited so long for the food. The couple beside us had come after we did, gotten their food and finished and we were still waiting for our food. It's an open kitchen so you can even see they're not busy so I have no idea what was going on. From the time we arrived to when we got our food was well over 30 min. I don't have the exact time but we were in the restaurant for over an hour. When the food came, I hate to say it but it was very disappointing. My short rib hash was of course potatoes with one sunny side egg that was more med with a single small piece of dry short rib and was luke warm at best. My wife's salmon benedict - both eggs were cold, not even luke warm but cold. Funny thing is that the english muffin below was toasted and warm so most likely, they pre-poach their eggs and re warm them for service which there's nothing wrong with, everyone does it but perhaps they forgot the step to rewarm. I mentioned it to the server and he asked if we'd like another one. I declined as our day was wasting away and I didn't want to have to wait another 30 min for a warm one. On another note, there seems to be some miscommunications here as I had mentioned to the server that we had our breakfast included, he came back to confirm our room number and said that it wasn't even though I had confirmed it when I checked in. He went to the front desk and they confirmed that it was in the package and the amounts on the bill were strictly for accounting. Guess what happened when I received my folio at checkout, there was a brunch charge for 4 for over $100. Of course I mentioned to the front end clerk , she checked and confirmed that yes, it shouldn't have been charged and removed the charge.

Summary
The rooms are great, this is my second time staying here and I would come back and stay again. I have not been to the spa nor did we take advantage of the free bike and canoe rentals (we didn't have enough time this time, would love to bike the train to the village) Not being in the Village doesn't bother me with the frequent shuttle service. I was truly dissapointed with Aura restaurant, the menu looked great, not sure if its a different staff for dinner but if the breakfast service and food product were any indication of the dinner, I'd pass and just head out to the Rim Rock Cafe with is very close by or Araxi in the village.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family

Dear Brian,

Thanks for your feedback, which I will share with appropriate departments. I'm pleased to see that you enjoyed your overall stay with us and that you would consider staying at Nita again in the future.

We look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

A superb location with fantastic facilities. A very relaxed atmosphere with friendly and helpful staff. The rooms are very well appointed, we had a two bedroom suite and the bathrooms with walk-in showers are lovely. The free shuttle service to and from the village is very useful and we never had to wait more than 10 minutes. Food in the restaurant is also excellent. All in all we had no complaints. If I was feeling critical then there were some very minor signs of wear and tear but this is to be expected in a popular hotel like this. We look forward to returning here in the future. Quite possibly the most comfortable and pleasing hotel we have ever stayed in.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear Darren,

Thank you for taking the time to rate us five stars! We're so happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you found our location and facilities so great.

Don't forget to book your return trip direct with us to make use of Return Guest discounts.

We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

My boyfriend and I wanted a short getaway to relax and recharge, and maaan were we ever blown away with our stay at Nita Lake Lodge! We drove onto the property and my BF exclaims, “This is where we’re staying?! :D” From the second we walked in, we were warmly greeted and felt so welcome and at home. Claudia made the check-in process so quick and seamless, and she was so friendly and helpful! Our room, a one-bedroom suite with a lake view, was stunning. It was immaculately clean and tastefully decorated and was better than any accommodation at which we’ve ever stayed. (I’ve stayed at the Fairmont up there, and NLL bests them in every way.) The room was equipped with anything we could’ve needed, and then some with free rentals of activity equipment for the lake. They offer free, on-demand shuttle service to and from The Village. We were driven by Glen during or stay and he was awesome. There’s really nothing negative we can say about our time here, there’s no where else we’d rather stay when we’re back in Whistler. Thank you for a most memorable time, NLL!

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear guest,

Thank you so much for sharing your experience of Nita Lake Lodge. I'm thrilled to see that you and your boyfriend had a memorable stay with us and that you found added value in our complimentary amenities and services.

When considering your next stay at The Lodge, be sure to book direct to make use of your discounted Return Guest Rate.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

We stayed in a 1 bedroom suite at the Nita Lake Lodge for 3 nights. We were here to attend a wedding. The lodge’s surrounding is beautiful. It is situated right by a lake with view of the mountains. The front staff were extremely professional and helpful. The lodge itself have 3 food options ( Fixed Cafe, Aura, and Cure Lounge), with Fixed Cafe being breakfast only. There are many pros with few cons about this place and I am going to list them below.

Pros:
1. Beautiful surroundings
2. Spacious room and bathroom with huge bathtub
3. Heated bathroom floor
4. Superior bathroom amenities (l’Occitane)
5. Free kayak and canoe
6. Free shuttle to village
7. Hot tub (there are two locations, by Cure Lounge and the other one, which is better in my opinion, is at the spa which is free access to hotel guest)

Cons:
1. Where is the comforter? The room only had a light blanket...
2. Shower water was warm but never got hot. Bathtub water was hot though.
3. The spa’s changing room is ridiculously small
4. Both breakfast option, Fixed and Aura, were slow and always a wait.

Overall a great lodge with room for improvement. Must take advantage of the free kayak and canoe on the lake that is located right on their backyard. Absolutely beautiful!

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
3  Thank Sasa1314
Simon H, Manager at Nita Lake Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 5 weeks ago

Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback - I'm pleased to see that you enjoyed your overall stay at The Lodge.

I will be sure to share your review with relevant teams and any necessary action will be taken.

If you'd like to discuss your stay in more depth, please feel free to reach out to me directly on the information below.