“Wowed by this meal”

Araxi Restaurant & Oyster Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Araxi Restaurant & Oyster Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #10 of 202 Restaurants in Whistler
Price range: US$24 - US$39
Cuisines: Seafood, Contemporary, Bar
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Whistler Village Square
Description: The culinary cornerstone in the heart of Whistler Village, Araxi enjoys a long held international reputation for excellence in food, wine and hospitality. As an early pioneer of farm to table dining, Executive Chef James Walt's seasonally focused menus celebrate the excellence of locally sourced ingredients. Walt's innovative and skillfully executed dishes-from savoury starters through delicious desserts-deliver intelligent compositions and unforgettable flavours. Centrally located in the main square of the village, Araxi boasts a contemporary dining room coloured in warm earth tones - and a sleek Oyster Bar that exudes the passion and craftsmanship that lie at the heart of the restaurant. The lively lounge, which features a year-round indoor/outdoor bar, is Whistler's favourite gathering place for both locals and visitors alike.
Reviewed June 23, 2018 via mobile

My husband and I came to Whistler for our honeymoon. We chose Araxi for our big dinner night to celebrate. We chose to do their three course meal special. It was absolutely spectacular!

Write a ReviewReviews (2,316)

Reviewed June 18, 2018 via mobile

Tried to make a reservation as we were passing at about 1.10 pm. Some staff were dragging tables etc out ready for the evening . A short female with short hair would not take our booking because the reservation book was out the back office. Could I come back at 1.30.?
Then I got do you really want me to go and get it. ?
My wife was shocked by the reply.
So while she walked to the back of the restaurant we walked off and found a great restaurant with a better fish selection.
Losers!!!!

ToptableGroupTeam, General Manager at Araxi Restaurant & Oyster Bar, responded to this reviewResponded June 20, 2018

Dear Paul,

Many thanks for reaching out with regards to your recent reservation experience with us.

We’re deeply sorry that the staff member did not handle this reservation properly and will use this example as a training tool to ensure that our service team is able to make reservations from the front computers at any time of the day and that we are always accommodating our guests and their dining requests. We strive to extend the highest levels of guest service excellence and appreciate your candid comments.

We hope to welcome you back when travel brings you our way. Please don’t hesitate to reach out to me personally as I would be happy to make a reservation for you.

604.932.4540

Reviewed June 11, 2018

I came in here for a ladies night and we opted for the spring tasting menu. It was a fantastic value and the food was delicious. I have dined here before but this time we were disappointed that our server was very abrupt and rushed us through everything. She came to pour our champagne (for the first time all night) and didn't even hold it correctly, emptied the bottle then brought the bill. We hadn't asked for the bill....and we were not offered a dessert list or after dinner drinks, which we would have ordered. For people that were spending money and being very low maintenance we were a bit upset. The sommelier was actually the saving grace of the evening and really took care of us. I wish we could have just tipped him directly. I voiced my concerns about our server and he said he had heard it before....yikes! I will be back but next time will request a senior server instead of someone who is clearly on a working holiday...

ToptableGroupTeam, General Manager at Araxi Restaurant & Oyster Bar, responded to this reviewResponded June 12, 2018

Dear Sarah,

Many thanks for reaching out regarding your recent dining experience with us.

I’m terribly disappointed to hear that we did not meet your expectations as well as our own standards of service excellence. We will share your comments with our front-of-house team as a training tool to avoid these situations in the future.

I hope that you will regain your trust in us again by reaching out to me personally so that I can make a reservation on your behalf.

neil.henderson@araxi.com

Reviewed June 8, 2018

We heard about the oysters so definitely wanted to try them. A wide selection, so we had the server choose them for us. The presentation and the taste was outstanding.

I had a small plate of albacore tuna - just the right amount. It was delicious. My husband had the large plate of steelhead. He was very pleased.

For dessert I had the lemon tart. Another beautiful presentation, and the taste crisp. My husband had one of the artisan cheese selections. He said it was 'great!'. (They also, offer a wide selection of wine.)

I have to add, this is one of the most impressive restaurants I have visited in a long time. Everything was as it should be.

Reviewed June 5, 2018

We recently visited because of the spring deal.

The restaurant smells fishy (this was the first thing i noticed) and the decor is dated.

The food was average at best; we had this weird gelatinous soup with raisins- I'm guessing the kitchen were trying to be innovative (or moroccan) but it was a weird consistency and possibly sweet soup is not my thing. The sashimi inspired dish was equally disappointing- I've had fresher seafood elsewhere in Whistler. The main dish (duck) and the dessert had much better flavour than the previous 2 courses but nothing that was served to me WOWed me.. which is what i was expecting.

The staff are the best thing about this place. They are friendly, attentive, quickly cater to any request, always professional and can't be faulted.

The location is great being right in the middle of town and right close to public transport and taxis.

Overall - there are better restaurants in Whistler. Go there instead.

ToptableGroupTeam, General Manager at Araxi Restaurant & Oyster Bar, responded to this reviewResponded June 6, 2018

Dear Pucrettub,

Many thanks for taking the time to provide feedback with regards to your recent experience with us.

It is very disappointing to hear that we did not meet your expectations with the spring menu promotion and will take these candid and valid comments back to our kitchen team.

Thank you again.