“Great fresh food”

Price range: US$4 - US$8
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Takeout
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Takeout
Reviewed 6 January 2012

In December we had on more than one occasion had lunch at Ingrid's. It really is a hidden gem. We found the service to be quick and efficient and the food is very tasty. There are also heaps of vegetarian choices to be made also. The home made sops were really great also. As you know there are a lot of food chain establishments in Whistler that offer very unappealing mass produced stuff so it's great when you can stumble upon a find like this cafe.

There are newer reviews for Ingrid's Village Cafe

Reviewed 15 September 2011

We had an early morning breakfast here. Good bagel and lox with egg. Good prices for Whistler and effficient service at the counter. Food was above average, for sure.

Reviewed 1 September 2011

The first thing that people need to know about this place is that they cook the food ahead of time and fill up the deli-display-case with the items. For instance I ordered the "German Burger" and they reached into the refrigerated deli display case and took an already cooked burger and re-heated it. So, I was nervous. But when it arrived I was pleasantly surprised. The bun was fresh, the lettuce and tomato were incredibly fresh, and the flavors in the burger were incredibly good. I think it was the best burger I had while in Whistler, and just thinking about it makes me want one right now. Delicious.

As far as seating goes, there are three or four patio-furniture plastic tables outside that you can eat at. Let's face it - this is an inexpensive eatery and they put their budget's into the food.

This deli, (as well as the IGA deli, and Dups burritos a few minutes away) were our favorite inexpensive places in Whistler to eat.

Reviewed 27 August 2011

Small cafe style place to eat. Like everywhere in Whistler, it is expensive, but you get what you pay for at this place. Seems like it is home made food.

I had the chicken schnitzel with spicy mayo on cibatta bun. Filled me until dinner time. Portions are quite large.

Would go back again and again with no problem.

Reviewed 21 August 2011

My husband and I are native to the Lower Mainland and now live in Victoria so we have frequented Whistler many, many times through the years. Just recently, we were there for a business conference. And while I can't believe that there is very little difference in the prices at Whistler between summer and winter, I thought I just had to wrtie something about Ingrid's Village Cafe. I remember years and years ago reading a review about Ingrid's. They had great things to say - and quoted it as "where the locals eat". After much coaxing (well, naggin and begging really), my husband reluctantly agreed to have breakfast there (you have to understand we stayed at the Westin and he would have preferred the 5* hotel meal). I kept my fingers crossed hoping that it was good as I remembered all those years ago. Well - it didn't dissapoint. He had the croissant w/ bacon and egg - I had the breakfast burrito. We both had coffees and shared an OJ - read the paper and just hung out - all for about $20 - and service that you just can't pay for. Don't get me wrong - this is not a la-la-she-she joint. It's down-to-earth with a homey feel but the food is amazing and the prices are more than reasonable for a world class ski resort. For those of you who know Whistler and have walked by it a thousand times and not noticed it - it is across from the entrance to Araxis (on the right if you are facing the door to Araxis).