“Sasquatch = MUST DO”

US$99.39*
and up
Whistler Sasquatch Zipline
More attraction details
Owner description: A year-round operation, Ziptrek Ecotours is the North American pioneer of zipline tours. We offer an entertaining combination of high-wire adventure and ecological exploration.Soar between Whistler and Blackcomb Mountains on Whistler’s most popular zipline adventure. A total of 10 ziplines are joined by suspension bridges and platforms over 150’ high in the tree canopy. Choose from 2 zipline tours and then fly through the ancient rainforest on the ride of a lifetime!
Reviewed 8 September 2015

Purchased the Sasquatch combo, which is really the only thing to do! Start off with the sasquatch line which is 2 km long and can reach speeds of well in excess of 100 km/hr. This is the longest zipline in North America. Can race alongisde a friend as there is dual lines.

Once that's over, the remaining 5 zips are relatively tame in comparison but enable you to experience other things - going upside down, trying to steer, or cannonball (speed up).

We hired a go pro to document the experience, as no cameras or phones or loose objects allowed. In zipped pockets would be fine, but at your risk. Go pro needs to be picked up from the base of Whistler Mountain, but the tour starts at the base of Blackcomb Mountain (10 min walk). Lockers can be hired from the base of both for about $10/day.

Bathrooms only at the base, so be prepared. No food or drink able to be purchased once on the tour, but they give you a small bar and drink while on the tour.

Our guides Bjorn and Kiah made us feel welcome, were friendly and chatty, and never once did I feel unsafe.

Bonus we managed to find a black bear crossing a track ahead of us which was pretty special to see!

It's expensive, but worth doing for the experience.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,654)

Reviewed 7 September 2015

On my list of "things to do before I die" for a long time and boy am I glad I did! I was the oldest by far in our group and with some trepidation stepped off the first wire - well, it will be the nearest thing I get to flying I think. Whizzing through the air - not always in the direction I wanted to face - was incredible. Do not be afraid!!!
Very helpful young staff who put you completely at your ease and gave a good insight into the delicate eco system without labouring the point.
In between wires there is a great system of walkways through the trees and coming up to wire 4 you suddenly realise you are in the treetops. Magical views all around with only the sound of rushing rivers and many birds to disturb the peace (except for the occasional scream or whoop of delight!)
It seemed expensive initially but was well worth it, FUN FUN. Have a go, you are never too old.

Reviewed 6 September 2015 via mobile

It all went smooth, organized and very fun!
I would definitely go again, wish it were a little cheaper!

Reviewed 6 September 2015

We had a great time in Sasquatch and Eagle tours. It was my dad's first time zip lining and he's in his 70s. Yes Sasquatch is a little scary, but awesome. You'll regret it if you chicken out guides were superb. Loved all the Eco information plaques on sustainability and the cool suspension bridges you get to walk across between zip lines. All in all, completely awesome experience :-)

Reviewed 4 September 2015

Our family took the Eagle Tour and highly recommend it. Excellent tour--great walks and bridges in between the 5 zip lines. Tour guides were great. It was our first time zip lining. We could not have asked for more!