“Waiting much too long for supper!”

ONYX Steak Seafood Bar
Ranked #4 of 156 Restaurants in White Rock
Price range: US$4 - US$26
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Private Dining, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Pacific
Transit: Across the street from restaurant use transit stop for bus 354 (Vancouver) and C52 (White Rock).
Description: Onyx is a fresh and innovative twist on a classic Steakhouse. We are devoted to cuisine and wine and we show it off by providing an extensive Wine List and serving top cuts of meat that we dry-age ourselves, in-house. That said, we're not above having a little fun! Come in for a drink, an amazing meal or snacks, and fall in love with a room that instantly relaxes you. Between the diverse menu, the vibe of the room and the energy of our staff, we know that you'll feel comfortable in our hands.
Reviewed October 2, 2018

Some orders were incorrect.Still waiting too long for meals.Not a very inviting atmosphere.A bit too noisy.

Reviewed September 29, 2018

We've been searching for a decent steak in Langley/ White Rock area and I think we've struck gold with the Onyx in White Rock. First of all the server we had (Kelly) was an absolute treat. Super personality, very knowledgeable and super attentive. Actually entertaining. We felt very at home. The food was right on for me. Filet Minion Chicago style to perfection. Just gorgeous. My better half had the chicken supreme and it was tender and beautifully seasoned. Kelly turned me on to Bulleit Kentucky Burbon...what a treat with the creme brule trio. All the servers were very attentive and genuinely friendly. Best steak and best outing in a long time. We're hooked. Thank you Kelly for a great evening..see you soon.

Reviewed September 24, 2018

I had heard how great this place was and how it has been around a long time, well, it smells like its been around a long time and the food is like something from the 80's. Definitely not fancy or 5 star chef cooked, more like me trying to be a gourmet cooking. It is like somewhere you would go after the bar because nothing good is open.

Reviewed September 19, 2018

My husband and I were disappointed on our first visit as per previous review. The owner reached out immediately and addressed all of our concerns. The second visit was like night and day. I highly recommend Onyx for those that love food and wine!

Nicholas P, Owner at ONYX Steak Seafood Bar, responded to this reviewResponded September 20, 2018

Thanks so much Leslie for coming back in! Glad you had an enjoyable evening.

Reviewed September 12, 2018 via mobile

Great spot for a quiet meal or for a full evening .. excellent staff, excellent food .. great service .. can’t be beat by any other place nearby !!! Certainly worth a try ...