“We loved this hotel! It was just perfect for us!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Days Inn & Suites Brandon
Ranked #2 of 15 Hotels in Brandon
GreenLeadersBronze level
Winnipeg, Manitoba
“We loved this hotel! It was just perfect for us!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2011

I reviewed this hotel first through Trip Advisor and got some great insight. Those comments helped us to make the decision to stay there. Thanks to all of you! The Days Inn on Currie was everything I hoped it would be. The front desk staff were always friendly and helpful. The entire hotel had a very clean and fresh feeling. Our room was perfect. It smelled just good old-fashioned clean - no perfume smells which do bother me. The separate toilet / bathtub room was new, had nice neutral colors and was spotless. The bed was very comfortable and we all had a great sleep. The pool was smaller but was perfect for our needs. We had it to ourselves for most of the time. Loved the salt water instead of the chlorine and the comfy cushioned chairs around the pool were a nice touch. We also used the fitness room which was set up well. We had it to ourselves the entire time. The breakfast area was large and well stocked. It was very busy when we were there at 8am but we were still able to get all the food we wanted (omelette with cheese, waffles, juice, coffee, bagels, muffins, apples, oranges) in a very reasonable time. The hotel is just south of the Keystone Centre and some think this is too out of the way. I have to say it was fine for us - I think that is why the hotel is quiet and not busy. So if that is what you are looking for, this is the place to go. Also, the room rate was comparable to the other hotels I checked out. Thanks again to all the wonderful staff at the hotel, especially Britt and Housekeeping.

Room Tip: Our room at the end of the hall was very quiet.
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Diana42

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Winnipeg, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2011

Our boys hockey team stayed at the Days Inn. We were well taken care of. Melody ensured we had access to the hospitality room for dinner and for the parents later that evening. The staff took very good care of us. We would choose this place for any of our stays in Brandon. Close to the hockey rink but yet away from all the chaos!

• Stayed May 2011
3 Thank mpul
Regina, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2011

I just want to start off by saying, this is my first review ever. I am not a frequent traveler (maybe only 2-4 times per year), but I do rely on this site quite a bit when I book so i thought it was probably time to pay it forward so that people know they're getting a legit review.

First off, the general look of the lobby and interior is pretty good. It's clean and not outdated. Although in 4-5 years it will be. I arrived late, and the desk staff was very quick to get me my room and on my way. The process was virtually seemless. So points there.

My room was on the second floor and was nice. It was modern and had a good amount of space. Two Queen beds and a Flatscreen TV. The bathroom was smaller, but this was because the mirror and vanity etc were outside the actual bathroom. Which I personally liked. By the way, the bathroom was spotless. Which is a big thing for me. I can't stand staying in a place that has a filthy washroom. The only thing i didn't like was the fact that I was on the second floor and there were small children staying above me and at 7 in the morning they were running around and it sounded like they were jumping beside my ear. I would just ask for 3rd floor next time. No big deal. Overall, the hotel was very quiet. Points.

The continental breakfast was good. Make your own waffle, and there was eggs and sausage. Although the sausage looked like it was dried out, it was actually pretty tasty. It was worth a try! Lots to choose from, cold cereals, muffins, toast, bagels etc. Overall, it did the job.

The one thing i really didn't get was housekeeping. They knocked on my door at 9am to clean the room. 9! NOT 10. 9. I mean, i know that they have to get lots done, but checkout wasn't until at least 11am. In my mind thats pretty ridiculous.

Overall, hotel was a very good deal for the money, and I would definitely stay there again if i'm back on business.

Hope this helped!

• Stayed April 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank skleaf
Regina, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 February 2011

I will definately stay here again! The room rate was good, rooms were clean and comfortable, everything was modern and up to date, the hotel was quiet and relaxing, the staff were friendly and efficient and breakfast was included.

During the time I was booking, this hotel was one of the least expensive out of the top rated hotels in Brandon. First impression upon entering was nice, staff were welcoming, there is a nice seating area with fireplace in the lobby. The pool and hot tub are smaller, but at most there were two other people in the pool at the same time as us and there was always a large supply of clean towels on hand. The pool is a salt water pool rather than chlorinated. The fact that there is no waterslide makes this hotel less expensive than a few others in Brandon and much quieter. The continental breakfast included waffles, eggs, sausage, toast, bagels, muffins, cereal, oatmeal and yogurt. It was well stocked and the eating area had several tables, which is nice as many hotels have too small an eating area and it can be hard to find a spot. The hotel is within a couple blocks of bowling, movie theatre and the mall. It was extremely cold while we were there and I was happy that outlets were available to plug our vehicle in.

Our room was spacious and nicely decorated. It was very clean - I am extremely picky about hotel cleanliness and was so impressed that I complemented the hotel on their cleanliness when I checked out. The sink and mirror are located outside the bathroom, which always makes it more efficient when multiple people are getting ready. Besides our two comfortable beds, the room had an armchair in the corner, small table with two chairs, coffee maker, fridge and flat screen tv. We caught a glimpse of one of the suites as the maids were cleaning and it was very nice, with a large seating area complete with fireplace.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Goodvaluetravel
Winnipeg, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 October 2010

I often have to work in Brandon and always stay at this hotel because of it's quiet location (almost outside of the city but close to the main shopping strip if I have to pick something up). The staff are always friendly and greet me by name whenever I check in. the rooms are spotless and recently renovated with extra thick mattresses and flat screen TV's. The breakfast has also been expanded and now includes yogurt, cereal, bagels, bread, juice, fruit etc. The pool and exercise area (although small) are never crowded and there are rarely the noisier guests (ie sports teams) that I've frequently run into at other hotels - and if there are the staff are normally proactive in moving me to a room that is away from the group so that I won't be disturbed. There's always parking available and I appreciate the elevator especially when I'm carrying around my materials for work. It's great waking up and finding the daily newspaper outside your door (and early enough that I can read it before heading to work) and I love the quick checkout. I would recommend this hotel to anyone who's looking for a well kept, quiet hotel.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank ihatelongflights
Kenora, Canada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 October 2010

My stay here was a late check in. Desk Clerk stared alot which was creepy...some guy..and no I am not that great looking! Had a rude awakening when the cleanin ladies wanted to start at 10 a.m.....and yet check out is at 11! Carpet was hard....dated furniture...

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Hopefultravel
Calgary, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 September 2010

We stayed here for our corporate travel needs when we opened our office in Brandon, MB. The rooms we're spotless, comfortable, better than most 3 or 4 stars. Internet was fast, and the staff were very very circuitous. Nice clean hotel!.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled on business