“Love their pet policy!”
Review of Motel 6 Brandon MB

Motel 6 Brandon MB
Ranked #6 of 15 Hotels in Brandon
Reviewed 31 May 2012

We always try to patronize the Motel 6 chain as they do not charge extra for pets (I always wonder what other hotels actually do with the $$ I pay for the "pet charge"...). We knew from other reviewers that this hotel was "minimalist" in furnishings and that the floors weren't carpeted; the latter appealed to us as bare floors are much easier to clean than carpets.
The room itself was very clean, complimentary breakfast was more than adequate, and location was convenient to the Trans-Canada. One caveat-although the room designer made good use of space, the rooms are still very small; we were fine as it was only for 1 night but if staying longer I would recommend the rooms with kitchenette to gain more flexibility and space to spread out.

Room Tip: Go for the kitchenette if you want more space.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family

Reviewed 26 May 2012

I rented a kitchenette as I had a longer stay in town and I was more than surprised with how cheap the room was for how much I got. I had two full queen beds, a very nice and modern bathroom and had a FULL fridge along with stove-tops and a nice sink with lots of cupboard space. The room was very clean, staff was very friendly and by the third day they all seemed to remember my name just walking in and out and by saying hi. I have stayed in other hotels like the Victoria Inn, Royal Oak, Canada Inn, the Best Western and the Lakeview Suites and they are all garbage in comparison to the Motel 6 which is a huge surprise to me. All the other hotels have less amenities, are dirtier, smaller, hardly see the staff, aren't very comfortable and try and charge a premium rate when the Motel 6 charges a lower rate and offers higher quality. I HIGHLY recommend the 6 to anyone stopping by for one night or 10 like me!

Room Tip: The kitchenette rooms are fantastic and cheaper than a single room than other hotels in Brandon, the...
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank TravellerBenC
Reviewed 17 May 2012

This Motel 6 is easy on the eyes. It's a cheap stay and the rooms are modern. The bed's not great, but the place is clean, has a mini fridge, plenty of hot water, However, the water pressure was weak but I was in the furthest room from the elevator on the top floor. The free wi-fi is standard and they have a continental breakfast that's free from 6 to 10am. Good location right on highway 1 near McDonald's, Horton's, A&W, Quiznos, and a Subway. Quick 5 minute drive to downtown Brandon.

Room Tip: Increase your odds to have good water pressure by NOT staying on the top floor furthest from the ele...
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 23 April 2012

I have not stayed at a motel 6 for years so I thought I would give it a try.
It was as expected very basic accomodations.
Being new it was sparkling clean, the only thing I did not like was the flooring.
It was laminate I like a soft landing when I jump out of bed in the morning.
But no carpet is definitley not a big deal to me.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 21 March 2012

STAY AWAY!! They charged extra rooms to my credit card that i had nothing to do with.. Just because whoever book those other rooms i had nothing to do had the same last name as i did!! The Front Desk Clerks Are IDIOTS!!

Stayed: January 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank SAHSA11
jspeter, Manager at Motel 6 Brandon MB, responded to this reviewResponded 27 March 2012

I am very sorry that you feel you were treated wrongly. If fact when you booked a group block you returned a contract with your signature and credit card holding all your rooms. We were advised by you that you neeed all rooms prior to arrival. We did attempt to contact you that evening concerning the no show rooms, but no return phone call was received. When a group booking is taken a credit card is required. We do advise that if the group rooms are not cancelled 48 hours prior if not needed, You will be charged for those rooms. Signing a group contract and suppling your credit card to book the group does put you in a position where you will be charged for no shows or damages. It is common hotel policy especially when we were turning guests away that night due to no vacancy to charge the supplied credit card.

Reviewed 11 February 2012

I was surprised at how comfortable & quiet the room was.

Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank Keri-Anne M
Reviewed 9 February 2012

We went as a group of ~32 students. The rooms are very nice and modern for a "motel". Can't think of anything to complain about, everything was good. If I'm being really picky, the free WiFi was quite slow...

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business