“Worst customer service Ever!”

Knights Inn Brandon
Knights Inn Brandon
Ranked #15 of 15 Hotels in Brandon
A TripAdvisor Member
Edenwold, SK
Reviewed 30 January 2006

I used to work as a front desk clerk, so i know what CUSTOMER SERVICE is. I've never in my life experienced such a rude front desk clerk. I called down to the front desk and asked to be transferred to another persons room in the hotel. His response was "well if you know the person you should know what room they are in" it was so stupid that it was funny. I could not believe that was his response. I told him that was the reason i was calling the front desk because that's what the front desk is for. He then said "but if you know that person you shouldn't have to call here and ask for it (which I wasn't I just wanted to be transferred) you should know what room they are in" I was literally stunned, said never mind and hung up. Then my cousin's son who is 9 years old got stuck in the elevator with two other boys for half an hour before the SAME front desk clerk called 911. BUT that was only after my cousin threatened to call them himself if he(front desk clerk)didn't call right then. He had no idea what to do AT ALL. When the fire department got there all they did was shut off then turn on the elevator i guess just to reset it and it worked. So in my opinion the front desk clerk was absolutely non caring and the rudest ever. I don't know if i'm allowed to say, but i swear he was the owner because it was full house that weekend and he was at the front desk all weekend working with other front desk clerks, to check you in and check you out.

• Stayed: January 2006, travelled on business
5  Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Reviewed 12 October 2005

This is the worst hotel I have ever stayed in. I mistook the Travelodge name to mean something decent but I was very wrong. Noisy drunks partying in the hall all night, calls to front desk to get some quiet were not effective. Its basically a sleazy hotel for drunks and people on welfare who want a night out. If you are that type, fine, stay there.

• Stayed: December 2003
9  Thank yuzu
Reviewed 9 April 2005

We arrived in the more run down area of downtown and when we drove up to the hotel there were a bunch of people from the bar waiting for a cab. Not a very good first impression. The first appearance you get of the hotel is that it is not very clean!!! Carpets are torn and very dirty. Checked in and as we waited for the elevator you could smell the beer from the bar area. Elevator was very scary and again dirty. We arrived on the 3rd floor and the initial appearance of the room was not bad but it was so hot you could not breath. Windows cannot be opened and you cannot regulate the air flow. I went down to the main desk and asked them how do we turn on the air. They said the air conditioning was not working. I told them that 2 adults and 2 children would not be able to stay in that room without something to cool it down. I asked if they had a fan and they said that the fans were being used in the bar area and they could not accomodate us. I went back upstairs and we then decided to leave. When I came down and told them we would be leaving they said the manager would give us a fan. We again said we were leaving. We suggest if you want a sleezy hotel - thats where you want to stay. I sure hope all Travelodge hotels are not like this one.

Stayed: April 2005
13  Thank winnipegtraveler
A TripAdvisor Member
Pitt Meadows, British Columbia
Reviewed 4 August 2004

Absolutely the WORST experience of my daughter's and my life. Went to Brandon, Manitoba for the Canadian Midget Softball Championships July 28-Aug 2. The Travelodge was the worst, drunks on the steps of the hotel, drunks in the halls, a used condom found under my bed on the second day, a couple having sex in the hallway, drugs being distributed from a room and people pulling up to the hotel, going in and coming out, pot being smoked so heavy that it seeped under our door and my daughter had an asthma attack, parties most of the nights and no security (he was down the street at the bar they also owned). Four mother's of girls on the team tried to talk to the manager/owner and he was rude and unsympathetic.

30  Thank A TripAdvisor Member