Stayed here three nights during bear season in 2016. Picked up at the airport (had to look around to find the person, who wasn't actively looking for me) and returned to the airport (transfers were free), the room is smallish, the beds were comfortable, it was warm (most important!) with a controllable thermostat in the room (electric baseboard heating). Slept well. Toilet and shower facilities in the room were all functional and basic. Hot water came and went fairly quickly (from slightly warm to quite warm) but I never had a piping hot or a cold shower. Manager John is friendly and helpful. He can give tours and helps with information around town. Nice to chat with! Free breakfast very ample, with coffee, tea, cereals, and many other things, including choice of toasts and spreads together with boiled eggs. This is not luxury--you will pay very handsomely for that in Churchill, if it is available, but from my experience I have no complaints. The only common areas are the hallway, the small entrance and the dining room with television as it is not a real large place, but it is in a good location with easy access to everything in town. Would have no problem staying again and I recommend it to those for whom this description sounds acceptable.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Bear Country Inn is conveniently located on the main street in Churchill Manitoba Canada, the Polar Bear Capital of the world! Within walking distance to all shopping and restaurants, entertainment is always close at hand. Guests can rest at ease in our cozy, but modest 26 room Inn. Each of our rooms are simply furnished and feature a private commode, standing showers, a flat-screen TV, small refrigerator and free wifi within the hotel. Shuttle to/from the airport and train station can also be arranged, free of charge. *Please be advised that half of our Inn is currently undergoing renovations for 2017, due to a leak we experienced in the previous year. We are on a brighten path to becoming the best that we can offer in accommodations as we go through this transformation. We appreciate your understanding at this time and hope to see you during the busy 2017 season!* ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Bear Country Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bear Country Hotel Churchill
- Country Inn Churchill
- Churchill Country Inn
- Bear Country Inn Churchill, Manitoba