“Great selection of food and service”
Review of Stella’s

Stella’s
Ranked #62 of 1,742 Restaurants in Winnipeg
Price range: US$5 - US$15
Reviewed May 22, 2018

First time to Stellas, and it most certainly did not disappoint us. We were there around 5 p.m., so perhaps we were beating the evening dinner rush? A warm spring day, so we enjoyed the rooftop patio; retractable awning gave good options for sun or shade, I think. We were impressed with the varied menu, so it was hard to choose ... will need to go back ... I really enjoyed the tourtiere and my wife raved about the vegetable lasagna. We feel it is quite reasonably priced. Single choice for house wine was not particularly inspired, but there is a decent selection by the bottle ... will share one next time ... YES ... definitely will be back ... service was good.

Reviewed May 16, 2018 via mobile

What a disappointment the ice-cold breakfasts served to our group of six were this morning. (The toast was so cold the butter didn’t even melt.) For a variety of reasons, we decided against sending everything back and have fresh, hot meals served to us instead. Mistake.

If you go and are unfortunate enough to have a similar experience, I encourage you to send your meal back to the kitchen. Then, write a review so others are warned.

Your best bet though, would be to choose an alternate venue for breakfast. We have plenty of other fabulous options for breakfast in the city; stay away Siberian Stella’s.

Reviewed May 14, 2018 via mobile

Went with our family of 6 for mothers day dinner as this is one of my favorite places! The host was not at all friendly. Really seemed like he didn't want to be there. Not used to that as the staff at Stellas is generally quite pleasant.
We waited nearly an hour to be seated, which we were willing to wait as we knew it was a busy night... but were surprised to see that the back end of the restaurant was completely empty when we were finally seated. Not sure if they were understaffed or what. But telling people it will be 30 min and making them wait an hour for a half empty restaurant was odd.
Anyhow, as soon as we were seated our server tells us that the kitchen is REALLY backed up. Like we should expect to get our food an hour after the order is placed. At this point we've already invested time waiting and only have 1 hangry child that we decide to get an appie for. No big deal. It's mothers day, I don't have to cook, so I'll wait!
Well ... when our food arrived, it was only 3 of 6 orders. The server felt terrible and brought the others some salads with a huge apology. About 20 min later, 2 more orders came out and then when she came back 10 minutes after that, she herself was shocked to see that we were still missing 1 meal. She had it packed up as we had already been there for nearly 3 hours. And didn't charge us for the 3 late meals...
It didn't ruin our night by any means, but I was disappointed that the restaurant was so poorly run on a night like this. I have been in there multiple times when it seemed to be wayyy busier and haven't ever run into anything like this.
I should mention though that the food was still delicious.... when we did receive it! I'll definitely be back. But not likely on a special occasion. I wish I could remember our servers name because she really was wonderful and did the best she could.

Reviewed April 9, 2018

We really enjoyed out visit. The server was there super quick even though they were really busy when we stopped.
Loved the linguine with pesto cream sauce. The cheese cake was exceptionally good and I got an iced cold press coffee that was also very good.
Would definitely put it on our list of places to eat when we go back to Winnipeg.

Reviewed April 5, 2018

Stellas is a mainstay in winnipeg and the food and service at this location didnt disappoint. The only downside is the lack of parking.