“Overpriced and exclusive ”

Riverstone Spa (Inn at the Forks)
Ranked #7 of 37 Spas & Wellness in Winnipeg
Reviewed August 27, 2017 via mobile

I went with my mom and grandma for manicures as part of a gift for my grandmas birthday. The manicures were $60 each which is much more than I'm used to paying but figured it would be more about the whole experience than the end result. When we first got in we were told to fill out a form and we could sit in a tiny waiting room with two real chairs and a couple of odd stools (which may have been side tables honestly), I tried sitting on the stool to fill out my form but it was so awkward and uncomfortable I decided to stand. There was a large room full of comfortable looking and empty seats but we weren't allowed to sit there because it was for robed people only. When our manicurists came to get us we asked to have my grandma seated in the middle so we could all talk and she wouldn't have to strain to hear and we were told talking is discouraged. I've been to other high end spas for manicures before and I've never been asked not to talk at all, it's simply encouraged that you speak quietly. We wanted to get a manicure together because we thought it would give us a good amount of time to catch up but we felt uncomfortable attempting to talk after that.
It would have all been easy to sidestep if the manicures had come out nicely but within 24 hours all of us had chipped nails, and none of us had done anything strenuous to have made it happen. I'm not sure if it was just put on sloppily or if cheap polish or base/top coat was used but it was really upsetting and annoying given the price tag.
I didn't find it worth the money at all, I wouldn't go back.

2  Thank Katyles
"dried fruit"
"forks"
in 15 reviews

Reviewed May 24, 2017 via mobile

So i planned a sisters weekend and we stayed at the hotel our first night in winnepeg I wanted a special day/night because we dont get to see our sister often. We planned a spa day before our wonderful and delicious dinner at Smith's. The three of us booked a 55 minute facial as well as a 55 minute massage. It was my idea as i wanted a message so badly, however as we went for our appointment i was informed the girl doing my message called in sick. I was okay well what can you do even tho i was very dissapointed i understood. So i came back an hour later for my 55 minute facial by the time i got changed and brought to my room it was a 30 minute facial. My sister who went in for hers before i was even taken to change room was finished 15 minutes after me. I would think that seeing i wasmt able to have my message that they wouldnt cut my time SHORTER for my facial. I will not go back for more disappointment.

2  Thank sandraboer
Riverstone G, Manager at Riverstone Spa (Inn at the Forks), responded to this reviewResponded May 30, 2017

Hi Sandraboer,
Thank You for taking the time to let us know about your time at Riverstone.
We are sorry that you did not have a positive experience.
Thank you for your understanding in the matter of our Massage Therapist being ill, the health of our clients and staff are very important to us.
Our services are 50 or 80 Minute increments, timing does start from the moment you enter the treatment room.
Looking back at your file there was a discount given off the facial at time of checkout for the loss of the massage appointment.
We would encourage you to come back and try Riverstone again and to have a more positive experience.
If you would like to discuss the matter further please feel free to contact us here at the Spa

Alicia Brown
Assistant Manager
204.944.2444

Reviewed April 29, 2017 via mobile

I booked a couple's massage at the last minute (our previous booking was messed up by the vendor) and was thrilled they were able to accommodate us. We had wonderful massages and I highly recommend taking the time to enjoy a shower there; their rain showers are wonderful.

My only critique is that the steam room/sauna are in the washrooms so if you are wanting to relax with your opposite sex partner, you cannot enjoy those amenities together.

Riverstone G, Manager at Riverstone Spa (Inn at the Forks), responded to this reviewResponded May 4, 2017

Hi Jennifer,
Thank You for taking the time to write a review on your experience at Riverstone Spa.
We are so happy to hear you loved your massages and the amenities.
Those rain Therapy showers are dreamy!
We will make note about having the option of joint amenities for all to enjoy together.
We hope to see you again soon.
Have a great week,

Alicia Brown
Assistant Manager
Riverstone Spa

Reviewed April 1, 2017 via mobile

Took my daughter to the spa for her 18th bday and scheduled massages for both of us.
We enjoyed their excellently​ trained therapist , the massage are warm and relaxing.
The ambience was soothing and serene.the snacks are light ( homemade cranberry granola bars,dried fruit,selection of cheese,pickles and cracker and delightful teas )
Their shower products are excellent quality..Did I mentioned the amazing multi head shower that feels like you're​ under a blissful rain?
The steam room and sauna has the right temperature..
We stayed there for hours.
Parking is a breeze across the building ( free ).
We will definitely come back again.