“Great Prime Rib”

Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: St. James Industrial
Cross street: Century St.
Description: Winnipeg's Chop Steakhouse is located minutes from the Winnipeg International Airport. Visit us for a great steak or seafood dinner and a glass of wine.
Reviewed June 18, 2017

We often visit Chop when staying in the airport area. The food is always good and the service attentive. We enjoy sitting in the bar area to take in the more lively atmosphere. I enjoyed my prime rib and my wife found the mushroom ravioli to be quite nice.
Chop has a good choice of wine by the glass, but I found the drinks to be expensive (I guess it would be cheaper is we drank less.) Meal, drinks and tip for 2 came to $191.

Agnes K, General Manager at Chop Steakhouse & Bar, responded to this reviewResponded June 26, 2017

Good Morning,

I am very happy to hear that we are a first choice for you when you are in our area. Thank you for your positive review on the lounge atmosphere, our food and our service.
I hope to see you in our lounge enjoying a great experience soon!

Reviewed June 17, 2017 via mobile

I went twice to Chop during my 2 weeks job training in Winnipeg. I am allergic to bell peppers and the restaurant really accommodate in order to serve me pepper free food. The manager went to talk to me and was making sure the kitchen were really carefulwith meal preparation so they don't cross contaminated my food

It was really good experience. Plus environment was nice.
Highly recommended.

Good Morning,

I am very happy to hear that your allergy was handled at a high level and we were able to take care of any concerns you had. Allergy procedures are very important to us at Chop. We want each guest to enjoy an amazing meal and experience in our restaurant. Thank you for the recommendation and I hope to see you dining with us again when you are in Winnipeg next.

Reviewed June 16, 2017 via mobile

I had the smoke ribeye. It was tender and very tasty. Just a slight smoke taste that added to the meat. My son had the Hunter Chicken and found it moist and flavorable. Several local craft beers were on special. I had the St. James IPA...very smooth. Asked our waiter for bread several times but it never made it to our table. The mini rum cake was outstanding and helped end the meal on a high note.

Good Morning,

I am very happy that you enjoyed your meal but I do apologize that you did not receive bread to your table. We are very proud of our menu and I am glad that you were able to enjoy it. The rum cake is personally my favorite dessert. I hope to see you dining with us in the near future and I guarantee you will receive bread this time.

Reviewed June 14, 2017

Very nice upscale dinning here. I had a excellent steak and wedge salad. The appetizers were yummy as well Not a cheap place to dine, but try it out, you won't be disappointed.

Good Morning,

Thank you so much for your positive feedback on your dining experience with us! We have made changes to our wedge salad and I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed it. I hope to see you dining with us again.

Reviewed June 6, 2017

I had a 4 night stay at the Sandman attached to Chop, and after a long day at the hospital, headed over to the restaurant for a late dinner. Grabbed a seat in the lounge and ordered the pulled chicken taco appetizer. Staff was fabulous, and the tacos were some of the best I've tasted. My waitress made time for some encouraging conversation and all in all it made for a great end to a tough day.

Good Morning,

I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed our chicken tacos which is one of our most popular appetizers. Thank you for your positive feedback on your meal and the service your received. It is always nice to hear positive things about our staff. I hope that you dine with us again when you are in Winnipeg.