All reviews restaurant attached flat screen tv stay there again front desk two nights room was clean cereal microwave downtown sleep
Reviewed November 29, 2017

As the title states it was very clean. Although located next to Pembina Hwy and a set of train tracks it was quiet. We had a room on the west side next to the train tracks but the train seems to run at daytime hours at least when we were there. The bathroom lacks a shelf to put your toiletries on but there is a rack next to the towels to accommodate these items. There is a Chinese restaurant attached with a Boston Pizza and Santa Lucia take-out service nearby within walking distance. The staff are very polite and helpful. The breakfast was light but included coffee, tea, milk, juice, toast, cereal, fruit and yogurt. Overall a very pleasant stay. Parking was good with winter plugins. They use a coded lock on the doors so no keys or cards are needed, just remember your room code. Wifi was good.

Room Tip: Building has two floors but I did not see an elevator.
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
QBHOTEL, Owner at Queen Bee Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 30, 2017

Thank you very much for taking time to review us.
We do appreciate all the great comments and I have shared your kind words with hotel staff. I hope we get to see you again in the near future.
Thank you again.

Reviewed September 30, 2017 via mobile

Basic and clean. We managed to get a room away from the street and was very quiet. There was a train during the night but it seemed even it was trying to be quiet the reasonable rate is reflected in the décor. I would stay there again if I wanted a clean inexpensive place to stay.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank drn6

Thank you very much for taking time to review us.
Thank you again.

Reviewed August 8, 2017

This hotel is amazingly clean. Staff at the front desk were very helpful. Breakfast was ok, nothing spectacular. The Chinese restaurant attached to the hotel was one of the best I've ever been to. There is a train track close by, but trains didn't travel through the night or early morning, so it didn't bother me.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo
2  Thank JulieIPE
Reviewed June 7, 2017

This is an average place to stay for a night. The check-in person was alright and as we had booked ahead had no trouble getting a room. the room was satisfactory, being clean but well used over the years. there was a rail track behind the property and we heard only one train during the night. the room was clean, bed was comfortable, but it was all just plain. Even though we had paid for breakfast, we took one look and we were on our way to our our next destination.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Renard K
Reviewed March 7, 2017

They charged an extra amount of money on my credit card and did not tell me about it. I called them back and they claimed they were calling me back many times, but I have 0 missed calls from them. I suppose if you leave even the slightest mess in the room, you will be getting charged since they are a small hotel and need all the money they can get their hands on. Be careful.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank WinnipegSnow
QBHOTEL, Front Office Manager at Queen Bee Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 11, 2017

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to write your review of our property and I am sorry the way you feel about the situation.

We would only charge a guest for damaged linens or bedding, if we are unsuccessful in removing any permanent stains. This is a standard policy in almost all hotels. We are sorry that this policy has inconvenienced you.

Thank you again for staying with us and for sharing your comments so that we can work to improve our product and services for our guests.