“Great Stay!”

Ranked #26 of 63 Hotels in Winnipeg
Sutton, Canada
“Great Stay!”
Reviewed 10 August 2009

Found this Comfort Inn a great stay for a few days in Winnipeg. Was attending a dog show and staff were very 'dog friendly'. Clean room, easy to find hotel, nice grounds and kept up also. All the staff were nice and friendly. Would certainly stay again if showing in Winnipeg.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Lincoln
Reviewed 4 July 2009

Though we couldn't get a first floor room with patio access, it was a very nice room. Clean and comfortable. The staff were great and the managers were helpful.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled as a couple
Ontario
Reviewed 8 December 2008

I booked this room on Priceline and got it for $40 US (on "Name your Price) so with taxes and fees in CDN $$ it was around $66.00. Listed prices on Expedia etc the price varied from $99 to $129 CDN. I realize I got a good deal. The front desk was very friendly and efficient and the room was very nice. One bed and all single rooms have sofa beds. I did not find the hotel noisy at all and had a great sleep. It is very close to Polo Park shopping area and very easy to get to (just follow signs to the Airport), Route 90) and make one left on Sargent. I also booked for Christmas and tried a lower price and was accepted with a price of $36.00 US. They have a shuttle to the Airport. Just book it the night before and they will give you a taxi voucher. On your return you tell the taxi you will get a voucher from the front desk. I thought the continental was comparable to most others with toast, bagels, muffins, cereals, eggs, juices and waffles. For a quick trip to the city (usually just overnights) what more could you ask for? As for no elevators....how many 2 storey hotels have one? I also have experienced that if you are nice and friendly to the front counter staff you will get it back in spades. I also saw the security guy and he did not seem creepy to me at all. I also inquired about the safety of vehicles left behind for extended stays and they have a designated parking area with cameras and security driving through it regularly at night. They told me they have had no recent issues with damage to vehicles. I have stayed at the CanadINN Polo Park for hockey and one of the parents staying with us had all his windows smashed on his brand new truck along with 7 other vehicles that night. And...that place is as well lit up as I have ever seen anywhere. But we all know how bad Winnipeg is for stolen and damaged vehicles. I have been told to hang a dream catcher from your rear view mirror and you vehicle won't be touched. Maybe its worth a try.

• Stayed December 2008, travelled solo
Winnipeg
Reviewed 26 October 2008

First of all, I had to carry all of my luggage up stairs and nobody would help me. The front desk people were very unfriendly and unhelpful when it came to directions. The security guard was creepy and called my room and came to my room for some reason.
The room was old and dingy with gross crusty white stains on the carpet, (amongst other gross stains) im sure you can use your imagination to figure out what it was...
There was popcorn and coffee stains on the table from previous guests.
There isnt a fridge or microwave in the rooms.
The sheets and blankets had holes in them and wern't washed when i asked them to.
No wireless internet and they dont have cables for you to borrow either.
The t.v's were VERY small ( 12'' ) and old.
The complimentry breakfast was pathetic and tasted like it was 10 years old.
The Bathroom towels wernt washed properly and had yellow stuff and make-up on them from past guests.
It is a very noisey hotel too, dont expect a good sleep.
I would not recommend this hotel to my worst enemy!

• Liked — I didnt like anything about it
  • Disliked — Cleanliness, friendliness, accessability, internet,
  • Stayed October 2008, travelled on business
2 Thank Banana548
cihome, GM at Comfort Inn Winnipeg South, responded to this review, 1 October 2009
This review does not belong to the Comfort Inn Winnipeg South as we do not have a security guard. Our location offers wireless Internet. Also our staff are very friendly and if needed will assist guests upstairs with their luggage or try to move to a lower floor if possible.
calgary
Reviewed 7 April 2008

My family and I return to visit Winnipeg because we still have family living there. We happened to stay at the Comfort Inn the first time and the trip I am currently booking will be our 5th stay. The rooms are clean and quiet except sometimes a little busy early on a weekday morning because quite a few semi truckers stay there. The staff are extremely helpful and friendly. The continental breakfast also includes hard boiled eggs for protein.
There is also free access to the internet. The long distance phone calls are expensive though as already listed.

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — wood frame building
  • Stayed January 2005, travelled with family
Torontonian travelling across Canada
Reviewed 27 March 2007

The room was great. It was a non smoking room and smelled VERY fresh. Not a trace of stale smoke (you sometimes get). The front desk staff was very kind. Not a lot to do in the area, and we found this hotel very tricky to find. Challenging drive through Winnipeg. Continental breakfast is included which is a plus.

• Liked — Clean
  • Disliked — Desk staff didn't answer the phone- we called for wake up call 4 times- no answer at all. Set the alarm clock instead.
  • Stayed March 2007, travelled with family
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 31 August 2003

When we stayed here for one night, after leaving another hotel in disgust, we had good, friendly service, and had a nice, clean, quiet room.

9 Thank A TripAdvisor Member