Fort Garry Hotel
BestWestern.com
Victoria Inn(Winnipeg)
US$103
US$98
MainStay Suites Winnipeg(Winnipeg)(Great Value!)
US$86
US$83
Agoda.com
1,247 results
All reviewspalm roombiscottigrand old hotelfeather bedbroadway roomrailway hotelpiano playerhaunted roomsunday brunch isnatural habitatclassic hoteleggs benedictcoffee servicebeautiful hotelbreakfast buffet ismodern amenitieshotel guests
Reviewed April 29, 2012

I am trying to stay in these old hotels that used to be CP Hotels and the Hotel Fort Garry is one of those. It is located just down the street from the main train station and I can just imagine how it would have been 50 years ago. The hotel is still a lovely building and the staff that I encountered were very nice - everyone from the super friendly guy who parked my car to the very warm but professional waiters in the bar off the lobby were great. That bar, by the way, is one of the most beautiful rooms anywhere. The downsides are that some things are looking kind of tired. The room was fine - large, great linens and mattress - but it needs renovating and updating. The hallways are wide old fashioned style which is great - but the carpet looks worn. The Sunday brunch is pricey but good - not sure if it is really worth it but that is just me. Overall I liked the place and would stay there again.

Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank Aster6
Reviewed April 17, 2012

Dated and dissmall - they don't have their own internet and surrender u to a 3rd party who is ripping u off and the bandwidth is brutal.

Washroom is tiny and just tired and dirty.

Check in line was huge. Parking is pay and never got the right parking card to get in and out.

Give it a miss.

• Stayed: April 2012
5  Thank Bararteg
Reviewed April 14, 2012

A recent return to the Fort Garry revealed some additional problems that I didn't encounter on my first visit. They are renovating the lobby, replacing the marble and the noise is horrendous. I didn't get a room upgrade this time and ended up in a very small room on the second floor. They really need to improve the draperies, the amount of light in the room, even in the middle of the night is unacceptable. I was on the end, to make it worse, I had two large windows with curtains that blocked almost no light. Great breakfast however!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
4  Thank Steve C
Reviewed April 9, 2012

Went for Easter Brunch at the Fort Garry and we were not disappointed. It is expensive ($55 per person) but worth it every once in a while. From the bread selection, cheese options, the salmon, crab or shrimp, prime rib, lamb or pork all was delicious. The usual french toast and waffles were also good as were the deserts. If there was a negative it was the selection of potatoes, a potato salad and shredded potatos. Coffee & orange juice were good. I perfer my juice colder than what was served though.
There was a person dressed up as an easter bunny handing out fresh carrots/candy to the kids. Nice idea but the mask was kind of creepy. It probably scared a few of the children. We weren't rushed. This is the best place for a Sunday brunch anywhere in Winnipeg.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed March 29, 2012

We have stayed at the Ft. Garry many times over the past seven years. We chose it as the hotel for our wedding guests in Canada, so it has a lot of great memories for us. Yes, the rooms hearken back to yesteryear - but I find that charming. And the beds - probably the most comfortable hotel beds we've ever slept in. The hotel is right downtown - easy walking distance to the Forks and other attractions. There is plenty of parking. We'll be staying there again.
We have found the staff to be very accommodating and they gave us a great package rate for the rooms for our wedding. We (the grooms) even got a nice upgrade to a suite.
The Sunday brunch is phenomenal - and included with your room! Even the daily breakfast in the charming breakfast room is wonderful. The main level bar/restaurant is fun and has a lovely atmosphere.
The only thing I would tell you to avoid is the revolving restaurant in the attached building next door. We tried lunch there - really awful. It's not really part of the hotel - but just to warn you.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple