Lowest prices for your stay
HolidayInn.com
Save more with IHG One Rewards
Trip57054911935

Best bet for a larger full-service hotel in Winnipeg's southern suburbs.

5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed May 3, 2023
A very nice hotel, the best business hotel in south Winnipeg. Very tidy, updated and has a very good restaurant. Good location if you're visiting the University of Manitoba, Assiniboine Park or the Seasons of Tuxedo area. Several quality restaurants within walking distance (or there is a no-frills grocery store directly across the street if you want to save on meals). Rooms have fridges, microwaves, coffee-makers. This was significantly better than i was expecting for a suburban Holiday Inn location.
Date of stay: May 2023
    C$215
6.2 km from Holiday Inn Winnipeg-South, an IHG Hotel
Pool
View more hotels in Winnipeg
All reviews parking lot very nice hotel pool and hot tub fridge university supper
Selected filters
Reviewed March 20, 2023

The pillows are the best actually.. I couldn't seem to write a review on Google so I had too here because I HAD TOO speak out about these two AMAZING ladies. All the staff so far has been amazing but these two ladies were exceptionally great. RITTHI AND CHRISTIAN !!! Ritthi gave one of the best check ins Ive ever had! Friendly and knowledgeable! Christian gave the best room service ever!! Brought our stuff up in a one trip run. And Fast!! Both just amazing friendly smiles and nothing but genuine care in making sure their guests were comfortable to the best of their ability!!

Date of stay: March 2023
Trip type: Travelled on business
Mike Gore, General Manager at Holiday Inn Winnipeg-South, an IHG Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 21, 2023

Thank you so much for your kind words. I will share your comments with our entire team and pass on your appreciation to the team members you mentioned. We are so glad you enjoyed your time with us and look forward to the opportunity to be of service to you again.

Reviewed February 17, 2023 via mobile

The food was good, coffee was terrible, service was slow.

Ordered room service and had to call 4 times to get through to order as there was no answer

Suite, very comfortable but very noisy.

Staff was very nice and I think just really understaffed???

Date of stay: February 2023
Trip type: Travelled on business
Mike Gore, General Manager at Holiday Inn Winnipeg-South, an IHG Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 19, 2023

Thank you for choosing Holiday Inn and for taking the time to provide feedback about your experience at Holiday Inn Winnipeg South. We would like to start by apologizing to you for not meeting your expectations and for the issues that you mentioned.. We strive to make each stay as pleasant and comfortable as possible, and we will use your comments to coach our team in order to provide a better experience in the future. We will follow up on your comments and take corrective action.Thanks again for letting us know.\We hope you will give us a chance by staying with us again to show you that your unsatisfactory stay was an exception. If I may be of any further assistance to you, please reach out to me.

Reviewed November 8, 2022

Stayed here with our bus trip to Nashville.The hotel was clean ,but the restaruant was terrible.It took over an hour and a half just to get our food.The service was lacking.It was very expensive as well.Some of our fellow bus mates didnot get their supper after waiting two hours as the service was so bad.I will not go back to this hotel whenever I am in Winnipeg.I will stay somewhere else.

Room tip: Do not eat here
Date of stay: October 2022
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Mike Gore, General Manager at Holiday Inn Winnipeg-South, an IHG Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 9, 2022

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at Holiday Inn Winnipeg South. Your feedback is extremely valuable to us. We sincerely apologize for your disappointing experience at our hotel. The situation you describe is certainly not acceptable. We will follow up and take corrective action. Thank you again for letting us know., If I may be of any further assistance to you, please contact me directly at 204 452 4747 or mikeg@hiws.ca.

Reviewed September 11, 2022

Hotel was very clean, our room was very comfortable. Great get away when you want to jump out the window and just go!!!
Had to much to drink wish I could remember more.
Front desk and all around staff was accommodating.
All and all was a good time.

Date of stay: May 2022
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Mike Gore, General Manager at Holiday Inn Winnipeg-South, an IHG Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 11, 2022

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at Holiday Inn Winnipeg South. We are glad you enjoyed your stay and hope that you will give us the opportunity to serve you again in the future. Thank you for choosing Holiday Inn Winnipeg South, and if I can be of assistance to you, please contact me directly at 204 452 4747 or mikeg@hiws.ca.

Reviewed August 27, 2022

Stayed here one night on my way to move to BC. I wish I had read reviews before I booked this hotel as I would have seen it was in a not-so-nice neighbourhood and would not have booked it. Lots of construction in the area made it hard to get around as well. The beds were fine and the room clean-ish (found bits and pieces of candy on the floor throughout the room?) - and honestly best water pressure and shower head of anywhere I've stayed so far, but it just felt that the staff didn't care? Lots of security guards in the lobby and first floor, but upon arrival a group of three were drinking and smoking in the parking lot and it made for unloading the car uncomfortable. Food and drinks at the restaurant were very tasty and restaurant staff were friendly. Pool and hot tub were a great way to relax.

Date of stay: August 2022
1  Thank themusicalwanderer
Mike Gore, General Manager at Holiday Inn Winnipeg-South, an IHG Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 29, 2022

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at Holiday Inn Winnipeg South. We sincerely apologize for the issues that you mentioned. We use feedback, such as yours, to continuously make changes to our hotel to improve the guest experience. If I may be of assistance to you, please contact me directly at 204 452 4747 or mikeg@hiws.ca.