Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
William Kim
London, Canada

A comfortable stay

4.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 3 weeks agovia mobile
Stayed here for three nights while visiting a friend. Staff at the hotel are very friendly and welcoming. The lobby was nice and bright. The room was quite clean and spacious. Shower power is pretty good. The views outside the rooms are nothing to be wowed over. Some of the furniture inside appears to be a bit dated though, more specifically, the TV and alarm clock. Speaking of which, the TV in my room was not working as it consistently had a weak or no signal when I was trying to watch channels. This wasn't a big deal since I wasn't in my room for the majority of my stay, but it was pretty annoying to deal with, hence the one star taken off. Keep this in mind if you choose to stay here. Also keep in mind, I found the WiFi to be a bit on the slower side... not good for business travellers if you ask me! But, I will say that the beds were very comfortable to sleep on. That's very important!

Breakfast is roughly $15 if you choose to have it. It's nothing fancy, with offerings of a traditional American breakfast like potatoes, waffles, bacon, scrambled eggs, etc.

All in all, despite some minor issues, this was a good stay and I'd stay here again next time I'm in the Winnipeg area.
Date of stay: May 2024
    C$107
    C$107
4.1 km from Holiday Inn Winnipeg-South, an IHG Hotel
View more hotels in Winnipeg
All reviews parking lot very nice hotel pool and hot tub fridge university supper
Selected filters
Reviewed April 27, 2024

We stayed at this hotel from April 9-16. The hotel room was very comfortable, clean and quiet and the food was very good. The staff were exemplary, especially the dining room staff and some of the cleaning staff. We would like to acknowledge Minhaz/Leon, Parvinder, Magan, Amanpreet, Arshpreet, Maria and Kristen. You made are stay so enjoyable! You all were dedicated to giving the best Customer Service we have every experienced in a hotel before! Thank You!

Date of stay: April 2024
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank joannek537
Reviewed April 21, 2024

Truly loved this hotel. We were in Winnipeg from southeastern Ontario for unfortunate circumstances and our mornings and evenings there, after long busy days, were our saving grace. Check in/out staff were professional and friendly. The restaurant staff were incredible and would go above and beyond to make sure you were happy with your meals and service. Loved the breakfast buffet. It's ease and quickness was the perfect set up for our day. It had a great assortment of breakfast items.
The pool area was wonderful with the exception that the jets didn't work in the whirlpool. The whirlpool was closed on our last day so I assume perhaps this was being addressed, but it's warmth was still appreciated after coming back to the hotel each evening.
All in all this hotel is lovely, clean and safe. We couldn't imagine having been anywhere else.

Date of stay: April 2024
Reviewed March 18, 2024 via mobile

Holiday Inn Winnipeg South is located just south of the city centre and about a 25-minute drive from the airport, YWG. The is parking spaces around the hotel and for diamond elite there is reserved spaces just outside the door. The lobby is nice and big with the reception, restaurant and bar and plenty of seating. Around by the lifts is the indoor pool and relaxation area, and on the second floor is a nice gym with plenty of machines and weights. The rooms are nice and spacious with plenty of storage and modern amenities. Around the hotel within a few minutes' drive, you will find both shopping and restaurants. Overall, it is a good hotel for both business and leisure in Winnipeg

Date of stay: March 2024
Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed January 21, 2024 via mobile

We have been coming to this hotel for ten or so years. The price continues to go up, but the quality goes down. Toilet is broken, bathroom overall is neglected and needs maintenance. Everything just looks very used. I forgot a fork for my takeout and they wouldn’t lend me one because I didn’t order from the restaurant. We paid $200+ a night, please just let me use a fork !! I know this is very minor, but I was hangry! Bed and pillows are clean but not the comfiest. Our heater was also making some very strange noises and shaking. I think this place just needs some extra maintenance. Staff was very friendly and besides the fork, very helpful!

Date of stay: January 2024
Reviewed August 5, 2023 via mobile

Hotel was clean and staff were friendly. The sidewalk and driveway entrance was under construction. Nothing special about the location but it was fine for our needs. We didn’t use the pool. The restaurant breakfast which I selected as included was very good.

Room tip: There was ample in site parking and a parkade.
Date of stay: July 2023