All reviews fireplace king a great stay comfortable rooms late check canadinn gm jets
Reviewed February 17, 2018 via mobile

I don’t normally write reviews for conferences I’ve attended but I feel compelled to.

I have been at Canad Inns Polo Park a handful of times for conferences. I am truly amazed at what an awesome job the kitchen and service staff pull off despite multiple conferences being held at the same time.

They deserve a shout out on a job consistently well done

Stayed: February 2018, travelled on business
Mandy F, Manager at Canad Inns Destination Centre Polo Park, responded to this reviewResponded February 20, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to write a review and for the kind words! I will be sure to pass your message along. Thank you for your business and you have a great day!

Reviewed February 10, 2018 via mobile

We Hav stayed at Polo park times Jan 13 flew to Cancun. Beds were awesome. Service great!
We took shuttle to airport at 3pm -30c and the shuttle wasn’t warmed up. I was a little disappointed cause Canad has always had great service,

Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to write a review and for the kind comments. I Apologize the van was not warmed before your departure, we will be sure to review this further. I thank you once again and hope you have a great day!

Reviewed January 8, 2018

This was my second time staying at Canad Inns Garden City. First experience was great when I booked the Master King Suite.

Second time around was for my mothers funeral. I had asked for the same room but with the pull out couch but it wasnt available during the time my wife and daughter stayed with me. I was finally able to change rooms on the day my family was leaving unfortunately, I changed rooms because I needed the space for work and funeral arrangement purposes.

First room 226 looked very outdated and I was pretty upset that I had booked that for my family and I to stay. I undertand it wasnt the King Suite, but I expected the same modern look and cleanliness as my first stay. Your drink machine doesn't even offer water! Asked front desk to sell me water and they refused.. wtf?

I am even more upset that I wasn't informed that I would be charged an upgrade FEE PER NIGHT! I stayed an extra 3 nights when I changed rooms but was not informed of the extra charges! I spent alot of money at the Hotel, Altos and Tavern. Your front desk receptionists are so inconsiderate and couldn't even wave those charges for me.

Your pool is freezing! just as bad as going outside. My family and I travel alot to Winnipeg and usually stay at the Hilton Airport. That is where I will be taking my business back to from now on and will never refer any of my business colleagues to your establishment.

Could've had my business again this coming Wednesday and for the next months as I am travelling there again with my family. Rant over

Room Tip: Make sure to ask inquire about extra fees when upgrading. Check the room condition before committing.
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Alexander C
Mandy F, Manager at Canad Inns Destination Centre Polo Park, responded to this reviewResponded January 17, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to write a review, I will ensure we pass this along to Canad Inns Garden City for review. We at Canad Inns take our guests feedback serious and can ensure you we will further review. Thank you once again, have a great day.

Reviewed January 3, 2018 via mobile

We visited this hotel from January 29-31 as a getaway with our kids. On the first night I bruised and scraped my foot on a sharp object that was sticking out underneath the bed skirt (so not at all visible). It appeared to be part of a support post that had the end piece broken off and the edge was jagged and protruded quite a bit. We called the front desk immediately and somebody came and moved the mattress a bit so the object didn't stick out as far, that was it. This happened after our kids were in bed, the next day we requested to change rooms as we feel this was a danger to our very active children, the front desk had no record of this incident from the night before. We were told that they could not reduce our rate because we had booked through a third party but gave us a $20 voucher for the (very highly priced) brunch buffet the next day, and told us the manager would contact us on Tuesday (after the long weekend).
It is now Wednesday evening and we've heard nothing.
The bathroom door didn't lock in either of the rooms we stayed in.
Also, the pool, which was the main reason we came, was so over chlorinated that our eyes stung as soon as we entered the area, which made it almost intolerable. It triggered our son's asthma (as high levels of chlorine are prone to do) and he had to go back to our room after a short while. I observed several children around us experiencing asthma attacks in the pool area. I understand that chlorine is necessary but I have never experienced excessive levels like this.
On the plus side, the rooms were clean and the staff at the restaurant were extremely friendly.
Overall I'm disappointed with our stay. I'm really not a very picky person but injuring myself on broken furniture shouldn't be part of the hotel experience and I feel like it was brushed off.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I want to apologize for the concerns you mentioned during your stay. We at Canad Inns take our guests feedback serious and can ensure you we will further review. Thank you once again and have a great day.

Reviewed December 27, 2017

We decided to treat ourselves for Christmas since we didn't have our kids this Christmas, We book the "Executive Fireplace King" room.WOW!! great choice! The room was beautiful and huge! The view of the outside was super cool! You could see the planes flying super low above the stores! There was 2 tv and 2 fireplace, Jacuzzi in the bathroom too. The king size bed was so comfy!! What an awesome room to book!!!
The pool was ok :), the whirlpool-hot tub need some maintenance, the jets aren't really working ,,,, and I did email the management about it!

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to leave us your comments. It was our pleasure having you! Have a great day.