Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
D'Arcy E. Barker
Brandon, Canada

A quick stop!

4.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed Oct 20, 2023via mobile
This is a convenient hotel for restaurants like Olive Garden and Red Lobster. It is also convenient for a taxi to the airport!

The room was newly renovated (but the view was of some office space- ha ha). The beds were comfortable!

I'd stay here again!
Date of stay: October 2023
Trip type: Travelled on business
Responded Nov 8, 2023
Dear barkermoney,

Thanks for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay. We look forward to seeing you again - hopefully with a more scenic view - ask for an east side room.

C$150
  • Lol.travel
    C$137
7.9 km from Viscount Gort Hotel Banquet and Conference Centre
View more hotels in Winnipeg
All reviews front desk manager hot tub location is great jodi brunch
Selected filters
Reviewed June 15, 2023

Stayed here while in town at a sports tournament.
No issues with check in, it went smooth. Hallway on our floor (6th) looked dirty and dated.
Now for the room. Decent flooring and overall the room was large. Bathroom looked a little rough but that wasn’t a big deal. The issue was this: my son had a game later that night. My wife and younger child strayed back and went to bed. Upon our return, we quietly snuck in (lights out) and went to sleep. In the morning my son hops out of bed and I looked over and there are blood stains and the sheet looks dirty. Thinking he must be bleeding I walk over and he was not bleeding. So the blood was on the sheet and he slept in it. Clearly not changed from the pervious guest. My wife went to the front desk and showed her pictures. She called housekeeping manager who basically said it wasn’t true. The front desk lady was very embarrassed and offered to ‘upgrade’ our room. We accepted and were given one by the pool with bunk beds. They claimed they discounted the room for us but it was $10 cheaper than the one we had, so not a real benefit. The pool had people in it well past 10 pm so kids could not sleep. Finally we called down and someone kicked them out. Very disappointing stay, and frankly disgusting. Sleeping in a blood stained bed and getting a $10 discount is an absolute joke. Please avoid at all costs. Picture attached showing blood.
Please note front desk lady was very good to deal with, apologetic but the housekeeping manager was not.

Date of stay: June 2023
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Habscouple
Viscount Gort, General Manager at Viscount Gort Hotel Banquet and Conference Centre, responded to this reviewResponded June 17, 2023

Dear Habscouple,

I would like to discuss the comments in your review directly. Please feel free to contact me at the hotel so we can make arrangements for a refund for your stay.
We have a standard of service and cleanliness that was not met.

I do apologize for the condition of the room during your stay and this will be addressed immediately.

Reviewed April 7, 2023

The good and the bad. The pool area was good (towels were available, and the water temperature was warm). The bad was when my kids and I entered the guest room, we went straight to the balcony. The door of the balcony closed behind us and locked us onto the balcony. We yelled for someone to help us for 15 minutes (while my 7-year-old cried, frantic that we were stuck there), and we realized no one was coming, so my son had to hop over the balcony, shuffle along a ledge (we were on the 3rd floor) and grab on to the staircase to go get help. Once he rescued us, I went down to the front desk, and the manager told me, "Yeah, you shouldn't have let the door close behind you; it's happened before." Half an hour later, I had three guests arrive, and I received a phone call from the front desk saying that they don't allow guests, though they would make an exception this one time. The next morning, an alarm went off at 6 am that I didn't set. At 11:05 am, we were leaving, and the housecleaner knocked on the door and rather rudely told me that I needed to leave and that check out was at 11 am, I told her, that we were on our way out and to give me 5 minutes. 4 minutes later, the front desk called, saying that check out was at 11 am and that we needed to leave. Seriously, we were stranded on our balcony! If my son hadn't gone over the balcony it would have been over an hour before someone came to the pool area that would have heard our screams. Ugh.

Date of stay: April 2023
Viscount Gort, General Manager at Viscount Gort Hotel Banquet and Conference Centre, responded to this reviewResponded April 10, 2023

Dear R72930Jchrisg,

I am very sorry to hear about the experience with the balcony door locking on you and we will be investigating this immediately, including if the notice on the door was present. This shouldn't have occurred.

I will be reaching out to you directly as this isn't how I want your stay to be remembered.

Reviewed January 7, 2023 via mobile

Do not stay if you are sensitive to cigarette smoke and want to get any sleep. We entered the hotel and there were a number of guests loitering in the lobby. I found it strange there was a number of security guards on site as we’ve stayed in the past and never had this experience. Upon entering the room the smell of smoke was terrible. The rooms used to be nice and modern and I was surprised to see the shape they are in. I called the front desk to ask if there was a mistake in our room assignment and they stated that the hotel is full of evacuees and that they come and go all hours of the day and night to smoke outside and sometimes have been found to smoke in the rooms. They gave us the option to check out with no charge which was appreciated and really all they could do for us. But would have been nice to know in advance. I won’t be staying here again but do feel for the staff having to navigate that situation.

Room tip: Full capacity = find a different hotel.
Date of stay: January 2023
Trip type: Travelled with family
Viscount Gort, General Manager at Viscount Gort Hotel Banquet and Conference Centre, responded to this reviewResponded March 24, 2023

Dear Lise,

Thank you for your feed back. Our hotel, like many in the city, are experiencing an increase in guests visiting the city for numerous reasons. Our hotel is open to all guests and they are free to come and go as they please - we do not restrict any guest to have to stay in the hotel, that is not our purpose.
I do apologize for any smell of smoke you may have found. We do try to make sure that our guests are following the laws and smoking away from the building. We do not have any smoking rooms nor certain areas that might draw smoke into the hotel.
We have renovated the guest rooms with new window coverings. linen, flooring and new furniture is coming soon.
Our staff are comfortable dealing with a full hotel - sometimes our available rooms do not meet the needs of our guests.
I do hope you will give us another opportunity to provide lodging for your next stay in Winnipeg.

Reviewed December 16, 2022

We had a two day conference event take place this week at The Viscount Gort, and we are very happy with the service we received. The snacks were excellent, the staff was very helpful, courteous, and kind. They all had smiling faces and greeted everyone with respect. The cleanliness of the banquet rooms were great and very spacious. I will be recommending the Viscount Gort to all partners.

Date of stay: December 2022
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Viscount Gort, General Manager at Viscount Gort Hotel Banquet and Conference Centre, responded to this reviewResponded December 17, 2022

Dear, Becky,

We appreciate you taking the time to post a review of your conference. I am glad that everything went as expected and our staff looked after you. We certainly look forward to hosting your next event.

Reviewed October 21, 2022

I would like to thank Guest Services for the exceptional service our athletic teams have received from the staff and management. The staff and management are friendly and accommodating to our teams needs. The hotel is very clean and safe. The walking distance to restaurants and shopping which is ideal for a group of teenage athletes. Check-in was easy, which is not always the case with a large groups. We have stayed here at least 6 times and not once have we been disappointed. I recommend any large group to book at the Viscount Gort. You will not be disappointed Thanks Again to Jodi and all the staff! Oh yes and the beds are Top Notch!

Room tip: Book early because everyone wonts to stay here!
Date of stay: October 2022
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Viscount Gort, General Manager at Viscount Gort Hotel Banquet and Conference Centre, responded to this reviewResponded October 28, 2022

Dear taurraw2022,

Thank you for your continued support of The Viscount Gort Hotel. We do try our best to look after our large groups so that check in and check out are easy and the stay is an enjoyable one.

We hope to see you soon,