Free cancellation until 27/07
US$88
US$86
Savings alert! 16% below average rates

The price you found is 16% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$102/night.

US$98
US$90
US$84
US$82
US$109
US$94
MainStay Suites Winnipeg(Winnipeg)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 29/07
US$91
Travelodge Winnipeg East(Winnipeg)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 28/07
Free cancellation until 29/07
US$90
US$85
1,151 results
All reviewsgold floorvelvet gloveurban escapepresident's clubsteam roomexchange districtcentral locationhuman rightsbusiness tripfront desk staffdowntown areahot tubmts centreloungeteddykissvg
Reviewed June 11, 2018

Finally a Gold Level experience that lives up to its name. My wife and I stayed here as a "staycation" to commemorate our anniversary. From the people on the line at time of booking, to the front desk check-in and out process, everyone made us feel special and congratulated us as we marked our celebration. We were lucky enough to meet Hayden who treated us like we were guests in his house. He advised us on things to do and see and took care of us and anything we needed. We will definitely be back again soon and will likely seek out other Fairmont properties when travelling.

Room Tip: If you can, spend a little more for the gold treatment.
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Garhee
Kyla S, Guest Relations Manager at Fairmont Winnipeg, responded to this reviewResponded June 12, 2018

Thank you not only for entrusting us with such a special celebration, but for taking the time to leave your review letting others know about your experience up on our Fairmont Gold Floor.

We are indeed very fortunate to have such exceptional and talented ambassadors on our team, especially in Hayden, who pride themselves on their abilities to turn moments into memories for our guests, and I am delighted that you were able to experience their signature service first hand.

We look forward to welcoming you "home" for many special nights to come.

Reviewed June 7, 2018

From the concierge service to the complimentary food and beverage, the Gold Level at the Fairmont in Winnipeg is all we expected and more. They go out of their way to accommodate you and correct any issues. It’s amazing. We had ordered dinner from room service one night and they double charged one of our meals and when I went to fix it our concierge took off both charges for the trouble, even after we insisted we didn’t mind paying for the one we actually ordered. The room
was well-appointed and the bed was astoundingly comfortable. I can’t recommend this hotel enough. The location is great, all of the staff were kind, attentive, and efficient and adding a special package (the kiss and wake up package, for us) just put the whole experience over the top. Would highly recommend.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with fairmont.com
1  Thank Angelmarie B
Kyla S, Guest Relations Manager at Fairmont Winnipeg, responded to this reviewResponded June 8, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to leave this glowing review of your Fairmont Gold experience. It is always such a delight when we are able to not only meet, but exceed our guests expectations - and our exceptional and wonderfully talented Fairmont Gold team has a knack for that!

We look forward to having the opportunity to welcome you back for many special evenings to come.

Reviewed June 6, 2018

We arrived to be checked into our suite what a stunning happy staff here so caring and helpful always smiling . Check in was fast . We got shown our room and was very impressed . The rooms are so cozy and the sleep we had was beyond words . You did not want to get out of bed . Rooms are large and beautifully decorated. The food was fantastic and the service too. We will be back

Room Tip: We had no view really but all views are great
Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank Marie J
Kyla S, Guest Relations Manager at Fairmont Winnipeg, responded to this reviewResponded June 6, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to leave your glowing review! We were delighted to hear that your sleep was beyond words, hopefully you had no where important to be in the morning so you could fully luxuriate!

We are are indeed very fortunate to have such exceptional and talented ambassadors on our team, and I am delighted you were able to experience their signature service and delicious culinary creations first hand.

Looking forward to welcoming you back again soon the next time your travels bring you to our wonderful city.

Reviewed June 3, 2018

My husband and I stayed at the Fairmont on our wedding weekend. We are going on our honeymoon later in the summer so the weekend at the Fairmont was our pre-honeymoon staycation. We stayed on the Gold Floor the night of our wedding as well as the night after. We were so glad we chose to stay an extra day as we got to take advantage of the lounge, where we had amazing cocktails made by Hank and then later Mike and had wonderful food and service from Stephanie and Aaron. The day after our wedding we spent some time in the pool and hot tub which was clean and relaxing and had an amazing view of downtown Winnipeg. Our room was clean and super comfortable. The beds at the Fairmont are the best! When we arrived to our room after our wedding the staff had left flowers and chocolate strawberries and cava which was a really special touch. The highlight for me was absolutely the Gold Floor breakfast the next day. It could have been because I barely ate at my own wedding and was starving, but it was just as perfect the next day too. I really appreciated the variety and the freshness of the food. I loved the smoked salmon and capers and the coffee was delicious. Hayden (sp?) helped us at breakfast and was very kind and helpful and was the first person to address us as a married couple which was a sweet memory. The only downside to our stay was that we eventually had to leave:( Thank you to the Fairmont Staff for making our wedding weekend so special! - Kelsey and Luke

Room Tip: Stay on the gold floor for the breakfast and the comfortable rooms!
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Kyla S, Guest Relations Manager at Fairmont Winnipeg, responded to this reviewResponded June 4, 2018

Thank you Kelsey and Luke for not only entrusting us with such a special stay, but for taking the time to let others know about your experience.

We too were delighted that you chose to stay an extra night up on our Fairmont Gold Floor so that you were able to enjoy all of the wonderful amenities offered up in the Lounge. We are indeed very fortunate to have such exceptional and talented ambassadors on our team, and I am delighted you were able to experience their signature service and delicious creations first hand. I will be sure to share your comments with our entire team, as they will surely serve as a reminder that all of their hard work and dedication does not go unnoticed.

We look forward to welcoming you back for many special occasions to come, where it is our hope that we will be able to help you create many more memorable moments to cherish a lifetime.

Reviewed June 2, 2018 via mobile

I stayed three nights at the Fairmont on business in a traditional Fairmont room. The hotel is fine - it’s a concrete high rise, not one of the chain’s heritage properties, but the room was finished to a higher standard than similar properties. Amenities are very nice - a proper kettle and Keurig both, with a good selection of teas and even four or five different kinds of sweeteners provided in the room. Large screen TV, decent linens and bathrobe provided. Shower only, no tub, but the shower was nicely equipped with a rain shower head and hand-held wand, and a narrow bench.

The health center on the top floor had a lovely smallish lap pool, a really hot whirlpool and lounge chairs that overlook the city view. There are change rooms and showers attached to the area so you don’t have to journey through the elevator in your bathing suit and bathrobe.

Now the questionable bit. I had excellent service throughout my stay except for one instance. After I arrived and unpacked, I needed to make a run to a drugstore. It was pouring rain outside. I’d never been to Winnipeg before but had read online that there is an underground concourse that can take me from the Fairmont to the local Shopper’s drugstore. I asked the front desk clerk how to access the concourse. She checked online for Shopper’s closing hours, cautioned me that it would be closing in half an hour and told me to use the hotel escalator.

So I went and found the escalator was being serviced and was partially dismantled - it didn’t look like I could walk down it. I went back to the desk and asked if there was another way down to the concourse. Elevator? Stairs? She said there was not, but I could get into the concourse if I went outside and “across”. She gestured in the direction of Portage and Main, so I guess she meant across the street. I had an umbrella and thought that didn’t seem too difficult.

Wrong again. There is no pedestrian crossing at that intersection and I had to go around the corner and up another block, across the street, back down the other side of the block...long story short, I was splashed by a passing car on the road and when I got back toward the intersection on the other side of the street I found both the sidewalk approaching the underground concourse stairway and the stairway itself were flooded from the rain. And me in the only shoes and only pair of pants that I had brought for the trip. By this time, I was halfway to Shopper’s anyway so I just kept going outside. And by the time I found my way there, trying to pick my steps around the flooded sidewalks to preserve my shoes, the drugstore was closed. I tried to call a taxi to take me back (yes it was that wet out and my shoes were soaked through) but after waiting on hold for a long time I gave up and slogged my way back across the flooded sidewalks.

Okay. Such a miserable introduction to the city...but I thought well, these things happen. Until the next day, when lo and behold I learned that the hotel elevator does in fact go down to the concourse level. And that there is a stairway access just outside the hotel entry, had I turned left instead of right.

So I went to the front desk and explained what had happened. I was not happy that the first clerk had given me inaccurate information about how to get to the drugstore or at least not shown me on the map what a long and convoluted route I would have to take to get across the street in the storm. The second clerk - very appropriately - offered to have my shoes and my pants cleaned for me. Problem is, that would leave me half-naked and barefoot because I (overconfidently) hadn’t brought a change for either of them and I was attending a conference that had me out and about from early until very late. I explained this to the second clerk and he said he would ask his manager to call me on my cell phone to discuss the matter.

I checked my phone periodically the rest of that day but didn’t get a call from the manager. I thought that was odd because Fairmont prides itself on guest service. So the following day I spoke with a third clerk and said I was still waiting to hear from the manager. She said the concourse had been closed due to flooding the afternoon that I checked in, which she thought explained why the first clerk said there was not elevator or stair access. That didn’t explain why the first clerk had sent me to the escalator and then outside across the street to the stairs so I could access the concourse. I again asked to speak with the manager and she said she would be sure to pass on my request. Another day checking to see if I’d missed the call. That was yesterday, I’ve checked out now and still absolutely no contact from the manager.

Now, I’m not looking for a comp stay or anything ridiculous. The cleaning service I was offered would have been perfect - if I could have been without my shoes and pants for any period of time. Was it was a service that could have been provided overnight? He didn’t volunteer that as an alternative so I presume not. So. All I really wanted at that point was for someone to acknowledge that I had been misdirected by their staff, apologize and assure me that they would improve their training so it didn’t happen again. That’s it. Acknowledgement and apology. What did I get? Dead silence after two requests to speak with a manager ...the only conclusion is that my discomfort and inconvenience are not important enough for a phone call. Really poor decision there, Fairmont. I am surprised and disappointed. And just cynical enough to wonder whether posting this on TripAdvisor will finally elicit a response from the hotel with an invitation to call them to talk about it. Too little, too late.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
Kyla S, Guest Relations Manager at Fairmont Winnipeg, responded to this reviewResponded June 14, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to let others know about your experience - both the good and the bad. Our guest feedback is imperative to our process of improving our service delivery, and it allows us to identify where we are successful and where improvements can be made.

I was delighted to see that, overall, you had an enjoyable stay on your recent visit, though I was disappointed to learn that we did not meet your expectations nor fulfill our service promise in a number of areas. We all take great pride in providing our guests with the highest standards of service, therefore I am very sorry to learn that we missed our mark on this particular occasion; please allow me to express my sincere apologies. Not to detract from what was shared, but there were some extenuating circumstances on the day in question with a major flood on the concourse level of the hotel due to the rain that resulted in the misinformation you were provided regarding how to get to the Shopper's Drug Mart. That being said, we clearly have opportunities to improve on how we communicate to our valued guests, so that they remain apprised of any goings on at the hotel that may affect their stay. You have my personal assurance that these opportunities have been addressed with our team, as guest safety, security, and comfort are of the utmost of importance to us.

I certainly appreciate your disappointment and frustration and regret that not only was your stay affected, but that you were left with such a negative impression of our city. In speaking with our team, I see that the information we have on file is not up to date as they have tried to reach out to no avail. We would however, very much like to discuss your stay with you, and if you have the time, would love for you to reach out to us directly at winnipeg@fairmont.com, so that we may be able to learn from our service shortcomings, and regain your confidence in us.

Your patronage is greatly appreciated, and despite your less than satisfactory experience on this particular occasion, I do hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the Fairmont Winnipeg in the future to show you the complete experience you have come to expect from us.