“Excellent Hotel”

Ranked #33 of 63 Hotels in Winnipeg
Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
“Excellent Hotel”
Reviewed 5 January 2012

Me and my gf have stayed a few nights at the Four Points on Pembina a couple of times now, The President Suite is a beautiful room with a luxury nice jacuzzi, The beds are very soft which makes you wanna sleep in even longer, The staff our great people. Live band on Friday's was great. The Manager Tom is a great guy and know's how to treat people right and make them feel very welcome.. I will definitely be staying here again.

Thanks,
Curtis

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed 29 December 2011

this hotel is good to stay but dont buy the breakfast. i booked this hotel through expedia.com and was lured by the phrase "breakfast included" if i pay an additional $10, when i went to take my breakfast, actually they are to mean they will take $10 off the bill ! why not say breakfast included if one pay $1 extra so when customers have their breakfast, you tell them it means you will take one dollar off the bill ? how can they make this kind of mistake?

Room Tip: the wifi in the room is lousy, still nothing done to improve it, maybe can recommended a wifi extend...
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
Kenora, Canada
Reviewed 9 December 2011

we have stayed here a number of times over the years. the hotel has been through some upgrades and remodeling. it comes across very bright, clean and updated. the rooms are very nice. we were concerned when we got off the elevator and our room was right across from it, but it was very quite, we did not here a thing. free wifi was available and should be a standard. this is a great hotel in my opinion and we will continue to return.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
Tom C, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Winnipeg South, responded to this review, 12 December 2011
Thank you so much for the great review!! We are very pleased when our hard work and care is recognized. I would love to meet you next time you are in, and look into a nice upgrade for you. Please contact me directly on your next visit.

Sincerely

Tom Caramanos
Vice President/General Manager
Four Points by Sheraton Winnipeg South
204 275-7711
Vancouver
Reviewed 31 October 2011

It was an oasis in the city of Winnipeg. New and clean. Comfortable and beautiful setting. Big room. Free parking. On top of all it wasn't expensive.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled with family
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed 13 October 2011

I have stayed at this hotel a few times now with basically uneventful visits. Winnipeg does have some dodgy areas you want to stay clear of. This is definitely a long way from downtown and most other things but the staff is great. My last visit I had a very important business review with a client and realized the morning of that I had forgotten my cuff links for my shirt. Instead of directing me to a men's clothing shop, Phil in the office behind the front desk ran home and lent me his to wear that day. That was much more than I would have expected from the staff and I wasn't even late to my meeting. Thanks again!

• Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank LGood92
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed 7 October 2011

Arriving at 11pm to checkin I needed to get online to upload some files and do some email that I had been working on during my flight. To my dismay... no wifi in the room. ??? So then I plugged in to their cat5. For grins I did a speedtest.net test... ping was 223ms, download speed was 1.78mbps, upload speed was 0.72 mbps! Huh, this is what the Sheraton classifies as "High Speed Internet". While it's not their fault, they are the ones touting the service as High Speed. The company that should be ashamed of the quality of service is Shaw Cable/Internet. They are obviously throttling the pipe/bandwidth that the hotel is able to use. If Sheraton was smart they'd ask for service reports from Shaw and ask them to prove they are getting the High Speed service that they are paying for. I won't be staying here again unfortunately.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
4 Thank CanuckinMN
Aliso Viejo, California
Reviewed 7 October 2011

Stayed here for 9 nights on business. Because the hotel was pretty much booked up, I stayed in the Presidential suite, which was very nice. My room was clean and spacious. The hotel restaurant was not very good at all, and parking all of the parking spaces are very tight (I was told that is typical for Canada, but I found them exceptionally small). Like most hotels, they will exchange US for CAD 1:1, which is convenient. Most of the restaurants seem to be more towards Downtown, though, so you will definitely need a car to get around. A pretty average hotel

• Stayed September 2011, travelled on business