Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
T S

One of the Worst Hotel Experiences

1.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed Oct 5, 2023
Nice staff, however hotel is in dire need of renovations. The carpet in the Hallways is dirty and all wrinkled up. Rooms have a mix of musky and smoking smell to them. Had to switch Rooms, both were the same, so was my colleagues room as well. Have stayed in many other Holiday Inns around North America and never seen one in this bad of a shape and condition.
Date of stay: September 2023
Trip type: Travelled on business
1.0 of 5 bubblesValue
2.0 of 5 bubblesLocation
3.0 of 5 bubblesService
Responded Oct 20, 2023
Hi T S,

Thank you for staying at our Holiday Inn Winnipeg-Downtown.

We stayed true to the strengths that our guests expect and value, a hotel that always has been and remains family-friendly. I'm sorry for the issues you experienced. I have sent your comments to our dedicated hotel management team to check these things you mentioned for a proper workaround. I also sent you a private message to extend our sincere apology.

We would like to see you again on your next stay in town. At IHG Hotels and Resorts, we appreciate every feedback.

Best regards,

Hotel Exterior Building Lu
0.6 km from Holiday Inn & Suites Winnipeg-Downtown, an IHG Hotel
C$233
Fully refundable
Enroll free for lower prices
  • StayForLong
7.0 km from Holiday Inn & Suites Winnipeg-Downtown, an IHG Hotel
C$170
12.5 km from Holiday Inn & Suites Winnipeg-Downtown, an IHG Hotel
View more hotels in Winnipeg
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed June 26, 2023

I suppose you do get a good price compared to other downtown hotels but we (49 year old mother and two teenaged girls) did not feel safe. I don't recommend to stay in downtown Winnipeg. It's rough, even on a warm sunny Saturday there are just locals seemingly without homes or up to no good. Elevators in the hotel (only 2) were sketch (scary at moments). Restaurant is open random times or has private functions. I found this incredibly inconvenient as I did not want to venture outside the hotel due to safety concerns. The food was good in the restaurant though when it was open. Prices and selection were just okay...

It seems there are many families there that use the hotel as more of a long-term accommodation option which was often annoying and did not provide the same vibe I was hoping for. I had teenagers knocking on my door when I was alone in the room both the nights we stayed here (Friday and Saturday night). I believe the abundance of longer-term guests and larger family units spread throughout the hotel is also why the service seemed lacking and unfriendly at times. There were two gentlemen that worked the front desk who were extremely friendly and helpful and aware but the rest of the staff wasn't ideal and often unhelpful.

The room credit card hold/security deposit was $300 for 2 nights.
We did not have a car but parking seemed to be an issue from what I can tell. Certainly security would be an issue.

I can not even believe this is an IHG hotel.

Brown water came out of pipes a few times. Water is not drinkable. Bathtub was painted and peeling. The beds were comfortable even the pull out I slept on (we had a king room). But I found a yellow stain and lipstick on my bed in a bag and it took 4 hours and 4 reminders for someone to bring a new one. They did not offer to take the old soiled one away.

Cleaning staff were good and gave ample towels etc when I asked.

They did have recycle in the room which was nice.

We did not use the gym (it's nothing) nor the pool and hot tub (although they seemed decent and it was never busy when I checked. However in the evenings the families swim and there are puddles in the elevators and on every floor every evening.

We stayed at the Fort Garry back in March and it was a way better choice. Although again it is downtown Winnipeg...I would not venture outside.

Date of stay: June 2023
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Jennifer B
IHG Service, Owner at Holiday Inn & Suites Winnipeg-Downtown, an IHG Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 12, 2023

Dear CuriousCanuk,

Thank you for staying at our Holiday Inn Winnipeg-Downtown while visiting Winnipeg and for taking the time to provide feedback about your experience. It's a pleasure having you as our guest.

I am pleased that the friendliness of our front desk, as well as our housekeeping personnel, met your expectations. We strive to provide the best possible service as well as experience, and it is always great to hear from our valued guests how we are doing. I also take note of your feedback about the cleanliness of our room and that you did not feel safe. Please be affirmed that I will forward your comments to our team to provide a better experience in the future. I apologize for your observation.

Once again, thank you for deciding to stay with us. We would be delighted if you visit us again in the future.

Best Regards,

Ben W.
IHG Hotels and Resorts Service

Reviewed June 6, 2022

Most uncomfortable stay I've been in, security absolutely everywhere on every floor, stopping the elevators on every other floor to see who was in the elevator, just opening your hotel room door they were standing right at your door, are they listening in on your stay?? Waited 45 mins for an easy dinner at the attached restaurant while there were arguing 3 tables from us .. was absolutely uncomfortable to leave or walk into this hotel.. we are members and we are never coming back... Must have been 50+ security guards staffed at all times there . 2 per floor, 3-6 in lobby, in each elevator, in every crevice of the building.. what are they anticipating? Why weren't we notified about the risks of staying at this location..

Date of stay: June 2022
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed May 9, 2022 via mobile

Charged $263 for one night, parking is $16.50 extra, wallpaper falling off the wall, bathroom towel holder was only hanging on by one screw, bathtub drain was rusted out. Door looked like it had been kicked in at one point and had about 30 screws holding it together! Not what i expected out of a Holiday Inn downtown! Parking was a disaster! You can go from hotel to parkade, but cant go from parkade to hotel. Had to walk all way around with luggage. Wont be staying there again!

Room tip: I personally wont be back unless i hear better reviews from friends or family..
Date of stay: May 2022
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
IHG Service, Owner at Holiday Inn & Suites Winnipeg-Downtown, an IHG Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 12, 2022

Hello Stay42675788216,

It is good to hear that you've chosen our Holiday Inn Hotel and Suites for your trip.

At Holiday Inn, we boast of our excellent and efficient service. I am sorry that you had issues during your stay. Rest assured that I've shared your comments with hotel management for review.

I'll be looking forward to seeing you back here on one of your trips.

Stay Safe

Carl J.
IHGService

Reviewed November 14, 2021 via mobile

Comfortable suite and quite roomy.

Bed comfortable.

Bathroom clean with great water pressure.

Decent TV channel selections.

Super nice checkin staff and very accommodating.

Sadly on site restaurant is closed but other options are fairly close.

Good value.

Date of stay: November 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank TAMAN1951
Reviewed May 10, 2021

This is no place for elderly, females or families.
If you want cheap, stay here. It is very inexpensive and the rooms and staff are nice (ask for "medical discount"). BUT.. If you are elderly, female or a family please find a better place. We were accosted and threatened by a large young man with scars on his face because I asked him to wait for the next elevator (there was a limit of two people in the elevator at a time due to social distancing and my elderly mom was with me), but he pushed in anyway. With no mask on either.. We had to exit the elevator and wait for another. He looked at me and said "What? You got a problem? What's your problem!?" He said the same thing to me in the lobby as we came out of the next elevator. I was very afraid. I saw him going back and forth from the hotel many times visiting vehicles in the parking lot. I am convinced he was selling drugs out of his hotel room. But that wasn't the only thing.. As soon as the sun went down gangs of very loud motorcycles began racing up and down the streets in front of the hotel. It seemed like it was some kind of circuit. Then cars would race. All this was punctuated all night long with sirens. One night we heard loud gunshots. It seemed like the police abandoned the downtown area at sunset - just like a movie where the gangs took over the city at night. We were freaked out. If you're a gangster or a gang-banger this place would be ideal, but it's definitely not for a regular person, females, elderly folk or family. We never felt safe and despite our concerns the staff never helped us feel any safer. They never enforced their mask rules or social distancing rules. I think they were just as afraid of the riffraff in the hotel as we were.
We will NEVER stay there again. It's simply not worth the risk.

Date of stay: April 2021