Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Roughriders13
Moose Jaw, Canada

Terrible, never again!

1.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed Mar 18, 2024
Checked in on a Monday night. Carpet had not been vacuumed, the dishes in the dishwasher were dirty (no washing liquid) the frying pan was laid over the glasses and mugs, desk chair had greasy finger prints all over the seat and back, cupboards and ice bucket were also covered in greasy smears, no toilet paper holder, no ironing board and the Kuerig coffee maker did not work.

I told the front desk Tuesday morning, they apologized and said it would be dealt with while I was away for the day. When I returned that night, the carpet had been vacuumed, toilet paper holder replaced and greasy cupboards somewhat cleaned. No ironing board and, the dishes were still dirty. I asked the front desk clerk for an ironing board, her response was, I’ll see if I can find one but, you’ll probably have to wait till tomorrow. She then wrote a note and did not make any attempt to contact anyone, she went back to her stool and perched.

Wednesday morning on my way out, I told the front desk, the dishes were still dirty and I didn’t get an ironing board. When I retuned Wednesday night, the dishes were not washed and there was no ironing board (I was ironing on the bed). The ice machine was located on my floor, I went to get some ice, not with the greasy ice bucket but, with the plastic bag. I was trying to get some ice from the machine, but alas, the ice machine was broken, NO ICE and no notice posted on the machine saying, does not work. As I was grumbling another guest came up behind me and said, yeah, it doesn’t work and hasn’t since I got here. I told her about my perils since staying there one of which, was NO IRONING BOARD. She said, I don’t iron and offered me the one in her room.

I did not stop at the front desk Thursday morning, too frustrated to speak to the front desk clerk again, with the same complaints. I had bought some coffee pods and wanted to make a coffee Thursday morning in a plastic water cup, the coffee machine did not work.

When I checked out Friday morning, I told the desk clerk the coffee pot still didn’t work, as well, I took a glass with its sticky milky stain, and a coffee mug with coffee stuck on the bottom and coffee stains on the sides of the mug out of the dishwasher and gave them to the front desk clerk ... I said, here are two of the dishes from the dishwasher, still dirty. He said, oh you went the whole week without dishes. Yes! Yes, I did. I then told him the ironing board that was never brought to me should go to room ### because that guest gave me hers.

He then says to me, you know, housekeeping only does a light cleaning during the week? I said yes, it is clearly stated on the room cleaning sheet. It also states, all rooms are given a full clean on check-out. My room had obviously not been cleaned. I did check the sheets and mattress on my check-in but, if I ever learn the sheets had not been changed too … well, I’m not sure what I could do but, I will definitely not be happy. To ensure I will never know for sure, I will never stay there again.

One more thing, somewhere between 30-40 girls, maybe around 12-15 yrs old staying at the hotel (they weren’t noisy), as well as the other guests. By 8:00 am (breakfast is till 10:00am) there was not much left, chocolate chip and blueberry muffins, a bit bigger than a mini muffin, I asked for a pre-packaged muffin and the hostess said, we have none, have chocolate chip. Her English was not good and I’m not so sure she actually understood what I was asking for. The hotel did not adequately adjust their morning meal plans to accommodate teens and other guests.
Date of stay: March 2024
    C$239
    C$251
1.5 km from MainStay Suites Winnipeg
View more hotels in Winnipeg
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed March 8, 2024

The room is set up for longer stays with a full size fridge sink, stove and microwave. The room is large with a comfortable bed. We felt relaxed and at ease. The rooms were clean. The continental breakfast was adequate. Check in was quick and the staff were friendly. The hotel paid for the taxi to and from the airport. There are restaurants within easy walking distance from the hotel. We stayed in February and again in March. We had to overnight in Winnipeg to make our flight to our vacation destination. We would definitely stay at this hotel again.

Date of stay: February 2024
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed January 23, 2024 via mobile

I am in Winnipeg often and decided to try this hotel for 4 nights. Never again. It's loud with people yelling at midnight, kids running the halls, and all kinds of commotion going on. These are suites for extended stays but the fridge didn't work. Obviously areas around the stove haven't been wiped down in a long time. Alarms in the hall or other rooms are going off all night and even during the day. Thankfully there are many other places to stay in Winnipeg. I won't be back here.

Room tip: Don't stay here
Date of stay: January 2024
Reviewed September 4, 2023

Maria checked us in and was friendly, knowledgeable,and told us about the hotel.Beds we’re comfy room was clean. The breakfast was lacking with not much choice, bagels yogurt hard boiled eggs.They are hosting Evacuees and have tight security but was getting frustrated every time we left to go out and getting asked if I had a smoke. Never got our room cleaned in the 3 nights we were there. I guess hit and miss

Date of stay: September 2023
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed May 23, 2023

Lots of problems. A/C quit. Hair dryer blew up. Breakfast was not great. Will not stay here again. Too pricy for what we got. They did put us into another room. Lots of security so not sure what the area is like.

Date of stay: May 2023
1  Thank DennisL909
Reviewed July 23, 2022 via mobile

Meg gave my brother and I the best customer service I’ve ever seen in any hotel. He went above and beyond for us that I will be checking into the mainstay a lot more often. Good human beings like him deserve a raise. Given the touch patch we have been through and how tired we were. Words can’t explain the application for such understanding.

Date of stay: July 2022