“Great Steak Dinner Location”

The Keg Steakhouse & Bar St. James
Reserve with OpenTable
The Keg Steakhouse & Bar St. James is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #58 of 1,834 Restaurants in Winnipeg
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed September 13, 2017 via mobile

This was my first experience experience at The Keg (my boyfriend has been here several times). Despite having a reservation, we had to wait approximately 15 minutes to be seated. I asked if they had lemonade and the server stated they did. Something was terribly "off" with it both my boyfriend and I agreed. Making it undrinkable. With that being said, our server was friendly and checked with us fairly often. We enjoyed all the food we ordered : the French onion soups, mushrooms neptune, the keg Caesar and baseball top sirloin (cooked to perfection). All prices were comparable to like steakhouses and fair. Make sure to make a reservation as they are busy. We look forward to returning.

Reviewed September 12, 2017

We wanted a special meal for our family before we left them. They recommended the Keg and I am so pleased they did. The service was excellent, and the food to die for. Everything was done so well. The wine was not exhorbitantly expensive but every course ordered by every guest was outstanding. We were not hurried in any way and made to feel relaxed. It is a treat and well worth a visit. Please do not leave Winnipeg without going there !

Reviewed September 8, 2017

Well done steak simple means the chef prepared our meal to perfection. We asked for medium rare and that is exactly what was plated for us. It is a wee dark in the restaurant. Of course our eyes adjusted, it was just a little too dark.

Reviewed September 7, 2017 via mobile

Our server was WAY too casual and kept sticking his hands in our menus. I found it to be too casual and he was too chatty. The food was just "OK" considering we spent around $200 and only had a couple of drinks. Most of it tasted burnt although it wasn't. The best part of the meal was the free bread they gave us to start our meal. I wasn't a fan. We also came very early and made reservations to avoid the rush. It wasn't busy when we were there.

TheKegSteakhouse, Guest Relations Manager at The Keg Steakhouse & Bar St. James, responded to this reviewResponded September 20, 2017

Thanks for sharing your feedback with us. We understand you were disappointed with your visit and we encourage you to email us at kegcommunity@kegrestaurants.com with the details of your visit, including the location, so we can follow up with you directly. We hope to hear from you.

Reviewed August 12, 2017 via mobile

Fantastic location, awesome decor. Enthusiastic and vibrant waiter

The appetisers were out quickly and escargot and cheese toast were awesome

I had the steak and lobster. My only recommendation would be to order the 8oz as 6oz is small. The lobster meat is three huge pieces of claw meat that will satisfy that craving. The butter and herb sauce was fantastic. I'm not a huge steak fan mainly cause growing up things were cooked well done. Well I got this cooked medium and it's the best steak I've had in my life! HUGE props to the keg for finally doing what so many do not and giving me a huge portion of mashed potatoes. So many places are cheap with this and we all know what they cost! My veggies were alright.

Other guests had ribs, chicken and ribs, the burger, and steak and Crab everyone loved their dishes, one friend had the bacon wrapped chicken and didn't care for it.

We were celebrating a young man's 16th birthday and he got a delicious mocha ice cream cake dessert which was yummy too

I will be back for sure !!