All reviews pancake house mineral spa urban oasis polo park mall electric fireplace girls night front desk staff steam room room service portage avenue corner room nice pool wedding reception king suite enjoyed my stay definitely stay here again close to the airport
Reviewed September 5, 2018

Great stay. Great facility. Only issue is there is construction happening on streets around hotel. If you can overlook the construction inconvenience, this is a great place to stay! Also very convenient for anyone shopping at Polo Park.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Steven J, General Manager at Clarion Hotel Winnipeg, responded to this reviewResponded September 20, 2018

Thank you for your kind comments on your stay at the Clarion Hotel. There has been some inconvenience for street traffic near the hotel as result of the construction of new bike lanes, sidewalks and road resurfacing. The contractors have done a super job of minimizing any restrictions to the hotel access and this construction is now almost completed.

WE look forward to your return to the Clarion and enjoying the great shopping and restaurants adjacent t the hotel
StevenJ

Reviewed August 28, 2018

Checked into the hotel and my plebes went to the football game. I decided to watch it on TV. The room was well appointed and spotless and the bed was comfortable.. The tv was a little wonky and difficult to figure out but in all everything was good.. Decided to watch the football game and started to but then the lights went out and I was in complete darkness. No emergency lights in the room so I waited and no phone call or knock on the door. I phoned downstairs and was informed there was a huge storm and the lights were out everywhere. Note: No-one in the hotel told me there was a problem and had I had been handicapped I may have been concerned.. As It was I made my way to the lobby bar. After spending lots of money and having a great time with folks that were in the same circumstances. I returned to my room. The power did not go on till 7 am next morning. Next morning I checked out, no apology, no discount as this I was informed is a regular occurrence. My only concern was the lack of concern for folks that may have been handicapped and their lack of attention in potential emergency situations. As a foot note the hotel staff were polite and the room was was clean and well appointed. The highlight was my team The Eskimos won.

Date of stay: June 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Hello Riflemn
Thank you for comment regarding your stay at the Clarion.
Indeed there was a major rain and thunderstorm that rolled into Winnipeg that night and caused significant power outages throughout the city. Unfortunately we are at the mercy of the power company as to when they can return power to our area.
At the hotel, we do have an emergency generator that provides electricity to critical life safety systems throughout the hotel. It is correct that the lighting in the guestrooms is not connected to the this system. I apologize that the occurrence did negatively impact your enjoyment of the hotel facilities that evening. Good ending to the evening though with your football teams win.

We look forward to your return
StevenJ

Reviewed August 26, 2018 via mobile

As a family a whack of us (20) we came into Wpg for the MBIA Walk and stayed at the Clarion. Rooms are awesome, staff is great (we were recognized as Club mbrs and had a little treat in our room), and the place is lovely!! Hope to be back again!!

Trip type: Travelled with family
Steven J, General Manager at Clarion Hotel Winnipeg, responded to this reviewResponded August 27, 2018

Hello Kevin

Thank you for your very kind comments. We look forward to your return

Reviewed August 19, 2018

My group of 4 friends came to Winnipeg for Folklorama and Rainbow Stage. We chose a double king suite....how perfect for 4!!! We asked for extra coffee and towels and received it no problem, from our great room attendant. This is my second stay here and won't be the last. And a great location, right on Portage Avenue.

• Trip type: Travelled with friends

Hello

Thank you for your very kind comments. We hope you will be back for next years Folklorama. t is a wonderful event over two weeks

Reviewed August 16, 2018

Stayed here because on the location. Hotel room was clean, although remote control was on the floor under the bed skirt. For the price of the room you would think you would get breakfast though. Beds were comfy and room was very well decorated.

Room tip: Couldn’t find my remote control. Found it under the bed skirt
  • Trip type: Travelled with family

Hello

Thank you for your kind comments on your stay as well as the note regarding the remote control.