Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Laura D

Good but some negatives.

4.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed Mar 29, 2024
Overall great hotel. A couple things could be improved. It's syrange that they charge extra per night for a king size bed. I've never seen this elsewhere. My full size bed was comfy. The shampoo and conditioner are awful and leave an oily residue in your hair. Yuck.
Date of stay: March 2024
5.5 km from Inn at the Forks
Pool
View more hotels in Winnipeg
2,407 results
All reviews great location luxury suite children's museum human rights museum beautiful hotel hotel restaurant great stay close to downtown would definitely stay here again enjoyed my stay smith forks spa riverstone staycation wedding fireplace
Selected filters
Reviewed March 16, 2024 via mobile

We got a great deal on room rates and we were lucky to have it on a busy summer. We booked this because of its location inside The Forks and that it’s pet friendly. Our booking includes parking.

Comfy beds, clean room, nice views, great service. Shoutout to Sahil!

Date of stay: August 2023
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Brittany Crowley, Guest Services / Front Office at Inn at the Forks, responded to this reviewResponded April 23, 2024

Peggah,
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review! We are so happy that you chose to stay with us and were able to enjoy the amenities around the Hotel. I will pass on your kind words to the team and to Sahil, we are so lucky to have him.
We hope to welcome you back again in the future.
Brittany

Reviewed February 9, 2024 via mobile

Great location, rooms are clean with lots of plug ins, large desk area, and lots of closet space. Close easy access to the forks market. The lunches were catered by the onsite restaurant and the food was excellent! For dinners went to the Forks Market, great options and atmosphere.

Date of stay: February 2024
Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank Inspiration659988

Inspiration659988,
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review after your stay with us. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed the room and the amenities available in the Hotel. We hope we get the chance to welcome you back again soon.
Brittany

Reviewed December 28, 2023 via mobile

I really liked my stay here. The hotel was central and within walking distance of the downtown core, St. Boniface, V.I.A. union station (for my train trip up to Churchill), the adjacent Forks development and the rivers. I liked the boutique feel of the hotel, with all the wood and stone accents, the comfortable yet spacious rooms, the local in-house restaurant (good food but expensive), and the ease of getting a cab outside. I would definitely stay here again when I am back in The PEG!

Room tip: The restaurant is good but expensive. I would eat at the Forks food stands, and the original pancake house for breakfast.
Date of stay: September 2023
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed December 13, 2023

I stayed at the Inn at the Forks for two nights - one for the night before my wedding and one after. The morning of my wedding, the front desk was exceptionally rude to my makeup and hair professionals and gave them a very hard time about parking unnecessarily. They also overcharged me by over $250 and when I phoned to inquire, they argued with me and made me provide a bank statement. I have stayed in many hotels and on a day that was so important, I have never ever dealt with such a rude staff - particularly at the front desk. I will never stay there again. Stay clear and please watch your bank statements!!!

Date of stay: December 2023
Trip type: Travelled with family
Brittany Crowley, Guest Services / Front Office at Inn at the Forks, responded to this reviewResponded December 18, 2023

N9331Wlaurenb,

Thank you for your feedback from your recent stay. I have already been in touch via email to discuss the additional charge which was the authorization for incidentals, this does take 3-5 business days to release upon departure.

If you wish to further discuss your stay, I would be happy to reach out again via phone call.

Brittany C.
Front Office Manger

Reviewed November 18, 2023

Previously lived in Winnipeg, but return every so often to visit family. Have wanted to stay at the Inn at the Forks for a long time, so decided to splurge on this trip.

Big disappointment. The hotel itself is in a great location, close to the Forks, Museum of Human Rights and a terrific small restaurant (Promenade Cafe) just across the river in St. Boniface and the James Street Pump House for dinner. Also, everything in downtown Winnipeg, including the Canada Life Centre (Winnipeg Jets) is an easy walk.

The hotel itself is quite nice. Public areas are well-maintained and very clean. Then, there was the room - specifically Room 1. Probably the most uncomfortable bed I have ever slept on - memory foam bed that had long ago lost its memory. Room was extremely cold and thermostat was not working properly. Never done this before - but took a towel, wet it, and wiped a section of the floor in the bathroom. Dirt and pubic hair. Asked to change rooms. No comment from the front desk staff about the temperature, cleanliness, etc.

The staff is hit and miss. Some were very professional and some, could barely give you the time of day.

Would not stay there again. The Mere Hotel, a little further afield in a gentrifying area along the river is a much better hotel in the same price range. Staff are efficient and friendly and the rooms far superior to those offered at the Inn at the Forks. The only reason to stay at the Inn would be the location - probably the best of any hotel in Winnipeg.

Enjoy the city. It has matured since I last lived there and has become a terrific travel destination within Canada.

Room tip: Do a spot check for cleanliness...bathroom looked clean, because of the tile, was far from clean. Try to by-pass the Reservations department
Date of stay: November 2023
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Brittany Crowley, Guest Services / Front Office at Inn at the Forks, responded to this reviewResponded December 14, 2023

K6634XEgarys,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a review after your stay with us. We are so happy to see that you enjoyed the location and the amazing amenities with in walking distance of the Hotel. I will be discussing your stay issues with our House Keeping to address the deficiencies to ensure we are always exceeding guest expectations.

We do hope that you return so that we are able to show you the experience we are truly capable of.

Brittany C.