“YUM”

Stella's on Grant
Ranked #92 of 1,834 Restaurants in Winnipeg
Price range: US$7 - US$20
Reviewed January 1, 2018

Waited about 5 minutes to get in, impressive considering how busy it was when we arrived Saturday am. I had the French Country omlette with spelt toast which was amazing! My companions had the Mexican breakfast and French Toast also which they enjoyed. Coffee was strong and delicious. Apple juice was amazing, appeared to be home made.

Reviewed December 3, 2017

We enjoyed a late morning breakfast. The usual line-up was manageable: we had to wait about 15 minutes. The only complaint I have with this location and others is the noise level. It's often difficult to hold a conversation at normal decibel levels. My wife had to turn down her hearing aid!

Reviewed October 13, 2017

Attended with an elderly aunt and uncle. They shared a meal, and we had the sandwich special, which was a brie and pepper jelly sandwich on ciabatta bread. It was very good, not quite as peppery as I expected but very good anyway. Service was efficient, food delivered in a timely manner and waitress was very patient with the difficulty with elders making decisions.

1  Thank Gordon E
Reviewed October 3, 2017

Stella's, at any location, is one of our favourite places to go for breakfast, lunch, supper or dessert. The food is fresh and tasty, the servers are awesome! All of their baked items, including their bread is baked fresh by them, the cheese scones and carrot cake are delicious.

Reviewed September 14, 2017

My husband and I were visiting Winnipeg recently and went to Stella's on Grant (it was a "must go" place for breakfast for years).

In the past we had experienced long waits in lines stretching nearly to the parking lot..this day, (at lunch!) there were empty tables. This was not expected and should have been a warning to some degree. Strangely we were "put off" that we were seated immediately?

Service was quick as usual, and I ordered the oatmeal; my husband ordered a tuna sandwich.

What I received was a large bowl of raw oats in warm water. (they say they cook with milk & water but I don't think so). This was inedible. I complained and the waitress explained that Stella had in recent years, changed the source for oatmeal. Apparently, they can cook this stuff for hours and it never softens! Feed it to the goats Stella...this is garbage and a poor explanation. Go back to tradition!!!

I sent it back and asked for the traditional and house favourite: baked eggs. in the past, it came with potatoes and I think cheese, with baked eggs & salsa. What arrived on this day was two hard eggs doused in salsa. That's it. I could have done that with a frying pan in my own kitchen for a 3rd of the cost.

My husband's tuna sandwich looked good...but was messy to eat and led to severe heartburn.

Coffee was good and refilled normally.

I think you may have overreached Stella? Too many locations and hard to manage costs? Sorry...but normally it takes us three strikes to fail a restaurant and after years of loyalty, we might even forgive some minor issues, but this time it was a complete bust. I doubt we will return.

So sad.