“Great brunch”

Stella's Cafe and Bakery
Ranked #75 of 1,756 Restaurants in Winnipeg
Price range: US$7 - US$20
Reviewed April 7, 2018 via mobile

Had a great brunch, excellent staff and flavorful food. We had the Great Veg and the Mexican Veg, both good.

Reviewed March 26, 2018

I absolutely love Stella's and have eaten here many times. It's one of my favourite go-to restaurants in Winnipeg.

They serve delicious, flavourful, healthy and homemade meals with fresh ingredients and I love that they have lots of vegan, vegetarian and gluten-free options as well. My favourite meals to order are the vegan Mexican breakfast (substitute marinated tofu for the breakfast patties to make it gluten-free) and the pad thai. I have also tried the tofu scramble, oatmeal, and chickpea curry, all of which were very good. Their fresh fruit smoothies are fantastic too!

Stella's is usually busy but I have never had to wait very long in line (maybe 15-20 minutes at the most). The service is always friendly and efficient and the environment is comfortable.

I would recommend Stella's for those looking for tasty yet nutritious comfort food!

Reviewed January 1, 2018

Waited about 5 minutes to get in, impressive considering how busy it was when we arrived Saturday am. I had the French Country omlette with spelt toast which was amazing! My companions had the Mexican breakfast and French Toast also which they enjoyed. Coffee was strong and delicious. Apple juice was amazing, appeared to be home made.

Reviewed December 3, 2017

We enjoyed a late morning breakfast. The usual line-up was manageable: we had to wait about 15 minutes. The only complaint I have with this location and others is the noise level. It's often difficult to hold a conversation at normal decibel levels. My wife had to turn down her hearing aid!

Reviewed October 13, 2017

Attended with an elderly aunt and uncle. They shared a meal, and we had the sandwich special, which was a brie and pepper jelly sandwich on ciabatta bread. It was very good, not quite as peppery as I expected but very good anyway. Service was efficient, food delivered in a timely manner and waitress was very patient with the difficulty with elders making decisions.

1  Thank Gordon E