“Work Lunch”

Fortune Cooking Chinese Restaurant
Ranked #289 of 1,834 Restaurants in Winnipeg
Reviewed May 1, 2018 via mobile

A few of us came here from work for a going away luncheon. This is one place I would not have tried from the looks of it, but it really was good. The serving sizes are enormous and everyone seemed to enjoy their meals. I ordered the deluxe wonton soup and it was so full of good things. There were wontons, bbq pork and vegetables and noodles. The broth wasn’t the tastiest, but the add ins made it a substantial meal and I couldn’t finish it as I was so full. The combo plates that others ordered looked very good too and no one complained. The service was very attentive.

Reviewed March 31, 2018

At first glance we would have given this place a miss but having read the reviews on tripadvisor we decided to give it a shot. We were glad we did. The best Chinese we've ever tasted. The portions were huge, the flavors fantastic, the food steaming hot, the Chow Mein was outstanding.

Reviewed February 1, 2018 via mobile

This has to be the worst Chinese food I have ever had. I honestly didn’t think that you could have bad Chinese food because there are so many dishes if you don’t like one just try something else. Well when we started with the hot and sour soup I was disappointed, it was far too vinegary and I had to add tons of hot sauce to just make it edible. When the food came around the ginger beef was awful it had the texture of jello I don’t know if there was even any ginger or beef in the dish. The breaded veal was like breaded beef jerky, I thought the point of veal was to be tender. Why kill baby cows just to make them into jerky? They have ruined three of my favourite dishes and for that reason I will NEVeR go back! Do not waste your time or money at this place. It’s a little more expensive than other Chinese restaurants and not worth a penny of what you pay!

Reviewed December 26, 2017

We have been going to the restaurant for over 30 years,it is his second location with a different name. We have had pretty well everything on the menu, and never been disappointed. All the food is fresh and they have some new things on the menu usually.We would recommend the shrimp spring rolls,Crab claws and hot and sour soup as appetizers.The soup is made fresh and could be a little different every time but always excellent.As for the rest of the menu,there is something for everyone that will not disappoint. They are not your local mall food stand, they take pride in what they do and it shows in the food and prices.

Reviewed December 20, 2017

Restaurant is bright and appeared clean. Serving staff were short on manners and knowledge of the food. We ordered the almond shrimp (described as the most popular item), stir fried vegetables, moo shu pork and a chicken dish and a couple of shrimp rolls. The deep fried rolls were greasy. The almond shrimp were large and looked great, but were over cooked and served with a sweet and sour sauce that tasted like red coloured sugar water. Moo shu pork was good as were the vegetables. Overall: okay, but no rush to go back.