“Good fast food”
Review of Taste of Sri Lanka

Taste of Sri Lanka
Ranked #216 of 1,704 Restaurants in Winnipeg
Reviewed 14 November 2016 via mobile

We stopped here for lunch during a conference break. The samosas were excellent- not too much pastry compared to filling. At $2.00 each you can't go wrong. Others in our group found their food very tasty.

Reviewed 29 October 2016

What you see is what you get ... but I can say that it was tasty, and made with care. Had the chicken roll, the butter chicken and eggplant curry, all of which was tasty. At $27, it struck me as a bit pricey for a market vendor meal. Perhaps that is par for the market?

If you are a visitor to Winnipeg and going to the Canadian Museum of Human Rights, I recommend end that you go to the nearby market inThe Forks, with lots of selection of places to eat, get a coffee, ice cream or a beer. This curry place is one of the vendors.

Reviewed 31 August 2016

I went to this Taste of Sri Lanka location two years ago and had to return. This time, two friends and I shared a dish that was absolutely delicious! The man working the counter was very helpful in suggesting items and letting us try samples. It will be a tradition every time I'm in Winnipeg!

Reviewed 10 August 2016

A bit spicy but a great meal. It is great to try new foods and this one was unusual but delicious. Be sure to try it!

Reviewed 9 August 2016

Sri Lankan food is my favourite food of all time, so of course I'm happy this place exists. It's not the best Sri Lankan though, I think because they are catering to the masses so they hold back on their spices. You can get hot sauce on the side to improve the spice levels. They also have some fairly greasy curry, my favourite being the eggplant. Be careful not to get it on yourself as it will leave a big grease stain on you!

You can get the curries in individual containers and take them home, and make your own rice at home if you want. Or you could just stop by for a quick snack like a samosa or a meat roll, those little snacks cost about $2 or $3 so they are a good thing to get if you are riding your bike through the Forks and just need a quick little snack to fuel you up for the rest of your ride.