“Wow! Best hotel experience ever.”

Mariaggi's Theme Suites Hotel and Spa
Ranked #8 of 63 Hotels in Winnipeg
Thompson
“Wow! Best hotel experience ever.”
Reviewed 13 April 2012

We found this spot online and thought it might be an interesting adventure. Always wanted to stay at a theme hotel but wondering if there was some place close and this came up. Reviewed all the photos and the ones that looked the most intriguing were for India. We weren't sure if it would be hokey or realistic and if we'd spend the night laughing at ourselves and our crazy ideas......but couldn't have been more pleased. The room was FANTASTIC. The pictures really don't tell the whole story. It was so much of an experience. Forget anything else, just want to look around, admire everything, stay awake so I could enjoy all the lights and lit alcoves and statues and waterfall and fireplace... But you can't stay awake - the jacuzzi tub, the fireplace the candles the linens and duvet - you really are transformed and transported. Such attention to detail with just the right music playing for the theme and amazing decor - everything, right down to the drawer pulls was neat. Makes me want to decorate my house the same. Every effort made to make us feel comfortable and such individual attention. The staff gave us hints how best to park downtown which you should heed if you're from out of town. Easy to get ticketed or towed otherwise. They made us feel so welcome and like we were on an adventure. I never would have thought they could make me forget I was in the city centre of Winnipeg but you are so cocooned and enveloped by the experience; it was possible. We arrived full of care but I can honestly say left a little lighter and more relaxed. It will almost make going back to work and getting tired out welcome so we can plan our next get away. I would for sure go back to India but now want to try more. We got a sneak peak at China which didn't sound romantic but its pretty amazing. I think we'll go there next, but I also want to see Japan and mexico. This really is a great idea for getaways if you can't splurge on going too far. I've been to a few spa vacations even in the mountains with rooms that were I wanted to take a picture before I used the shower or unmade the bed - but this was every bit as impressive and even more fun and I could have it all without having to take a plane or make a schedule. Truly great, simply amazing, fantastic and we'll be back as soon as we can.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank crb263
Lowell L, General Manager at Mariaggi's Theme Suites Hotel and Spa, responded to this review, 7 May 2012
Thank you for your kind words. We take great pride in ensuring couples have a wonderful escape when they stay with us. India took us months to build. The suite has 15,00 pounds of slate work throughout the suite. There is more tile work in this suite than there is in most front lobbies of very classy hotels! On your next visit China will be wonderful. It does not have a pool table but the infa red sauna and tornado Vichi shower are fantastic. Whenever you need a great escape again we will be here for you.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (87)
Brandon, Canada
Reviewed 8 April 2012

This was a suprise for me from my very romantic man... Jason was an amazing host - giving us everything we needed to have an outstanding and breathtaking experience. The room was unbelievable (Jakarta) and the food was amazing. Steam shower, and hot tub... Just wow. Thankyou thankyou for providing such a unexpected, beautiful atmosphere with a personal touch...

• Stayed April 2012
1 Thank Frightenedbunny
Lowell L, General Manager at Mariaggi's Theme Suites Hotel and Spa, responded to this review, 12 April 2012
Thank you, for your wonderful comments. As a smaller property we really can key in on our guest service. I will let Jason know how much you appreciated his service while staying at the hotel. I know it will mean a great deal to him. Our approach is different than most other properties. We usually have time to light up candles throughout the room, dim lights and have soothing theme music playing as guests arrive. The little things make a big difference.

By the way we are now bringing back by popular demand the "Day Getaway". It is a 4-6 hour getaway specifically designed for couples who find it difficult to getaway overnight. You can come during the day while the kids are still in school or make it an evening out. Either way it makes babysitting arrangements easier and you come back home refreshed. You can opt for the couples massage with one of our RMT's and have lunch or dinner right in the suite. See you again soon!!
Winnipeg, Canada
Reviewed 29 March 2012

The room was SO beautiful. We had a jacuzzi for two with the waterfall. I really liked that you could dim any of the lights. There were 6 different sets of lights. Turn some on, turn some off, adjust the brightness (and mood). There were candles lit when we arrived. The stereo system was awesome. The left us a Brazilian Groove CD that we just LOVED. The staff was friendly. Surrounding the jacuzzi and in the kitchenette and bathroom were gloss black ceramic tiles that reflected the awesome halogen lights. The pool table was great! Everything was terrific. It was our 2nd anniversary and we had such a great time! We will definitely be back.
PS. I slept like a baby!
Close to many good eating establishments.
The only downers were lots of stairs and quite a few sirens.

Room Tip: Choose one of the deluxe rooms, well worth the extra $
3 Thank Brenda747
Lowell L, General Manager at Mariaggi's Theme Suites Hotel and Spa, responded to this review, 2 April 2012
Thank you for your recent review. It sounds like you were in the Caribbean Suite. The black ceramic tile work throughout is really stunning. We have as much lighting in the suite as I have in my home. It is really nice to have the lighting on dimmers so that guests can adjust the mood of the suite. There is good value when you upgrade to the larger pool table and waterfall hot tub suites. I am glad to hear how much you enjoyed the ambience and service. See you again soon.
Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
Reviewed 28 March 2012

A relaxing evening of comfort and joy. Our second visit to Mariaggi's, we chose the Roman room this time. We enjoyed the in-suite supper this time and it was both large and delicious. Sarah at the desk was a great help and seemed genuinely interested in ensuring our stay was great. My wife and I highly recommend the Moroccan room but the Roman room is nice too. Very private, heart of downtown and super comfortable. We'll be definetly going back.

1 Thank Andrew B
Lowell L, General Manager at Mariaggi's Theme Suites Hotel and Spa, responded to this review, 20 August 2012
Thank you, for your gracious review. It is nice to have couples come back for a return visit. I will let Sarah know how much you appreciated her customer service. Morocco and Rome are both wonderful suites. The Japanese Samurai suite is lovely too. It has a flowering tree canopy hanging over the hot tub and Shoji screens surround the bed area. I like the art work throughout the suite. All the best and hope to see you again soon.
winnipeg
Reviewed 25 March 2012

Wonderful and more than accomodating staff.
Stayed in the Moroccan suite, Beautiful layout with everything you need.
Such a wonderful getaway hotel in the heart of the city, It's like your transported elsewhere and didnt travel to get there.
Thank you Mariaggi's staff.
Only con, all rooms should have king beds ( some do like the carribean which is a wonderful suite aswell)
But a minor con none the less.

Room Tip: Larger room, king bed (may be a touch more money)
1 Thank kenfromthepeg
Lowell L, General Manager at Mariaggi's Theme Suites Hotel and Spa, responded to this review, 26 March 2012
Thank you for your kind review. The India room took us many months to build. The 15,000 pounds of slate throughout the suite makes you feel like you are somewhere in the Himalayas. I find our guests really have a great time in the rooms. It really is a great escape and a perfect get away without going away. We hope to see you again soon!!!
Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
Reviewed 24 March 2012

If you are in a new relationship and you want to go somewhere special with that special someone without leaving the city...go to Mariaggi. If you've been in a relationship a long time and you need to re-ignite that flame of passion within you....go to Mariaggi.
This is an amazing place with wonderful caring staff and rooms that will blow your mind. Their theme suites are fabulous and created to give the impression of being in these wonderful places.We stayed in the India room and for 1 brief night our minds and bodies were transported to a far away place where all the troubles of the day seem so unimportant.Just the 2 of you man and woman immersed in each other in a place that inspires heavenly thoughts.
Great place.....all couples should enjoy such a getaway every once and a while

1 Thank Luigi M
Lowell L, General Manager at Mariaggi's Theme Suites Hotel and Spa, responded to this review, 27 March 2012
Winnipeg, Canada
Reviewed 11 March 2012

I stayed in the india room it was beautiful romantic and relaxing just what we both needed. A wonderful day with my man. I will never forget it. Amazing food. I would deffinitly go back.

• Stayed March 2012
2 Thank janna m
Lowell L, General Manager at Mariaggi's Theme Suites Hotel and Spa, responded to this review, 15 March 2012
I really appreciate the detail in the India suite too. The 15,000 pounds of slate in the suite took us months to install. The feeling of being somewhere in the Himalaya Mountains is pretty neat. I am glad that you enjoyed our food. Guests are allowed to bring their own but most decide to use our food service. I find our multi course $75 Italian Dinner for Two is tasty and really good value. It is much more relaxing to dine in the suite than to leave the hotel and go out for dinner. Thank you for your kind review. I hope to see you again soon.