We found this spot online and thought it might be an interesting adventure. Always wanted to stay at a theme hotel but wondering if there was some place close and this came up. Reviewed all the photos and the ones that looked the most intriguing were for India. We weren't sure if it would be hokey or realistic and if we'd spend the night laughing at ourselves and our crazy ideas......but couldn't have been more pleased. The room was FANTASTIC. The pictures really don't tell the whole story. It was so much of an experience. Forget anything else, just want to look around, admire everything, stay awake so I could enjoy all the lights and lit alcoves and statues and waterfall and fireplace... But you can't stay awake - the jacuzzi tub, the fireplace the candles the linens and duvet - you really are transformed and transported. Such attention to detail with just the right music playing for the theme and amazing decor - everything, right down to the drawer pulls was neat. Makes me want to decorate my house the same. Every effort made to make us feel comfortable and such individual attention. The staff gave us hints how best to park downtown which you should heed if you're from out of town. Easy to get ticketed or towed otherwise. They made us feel so welcome and like we were on an adventure. I never would have thought they could make me forget I was in the city centre of Winnipeg but you are so cocooned and enveloped by the experience; it was possible. We arrived full of care but I can honestly say left a little lighter and more relaxed. It will almost make going back to work and getting tired out welcome so we can plan our next get away. I would for sure go back to India but now want to try more. We got a sneak peak at China which didn't sound romantic but its pretty amazing. I think we'll go there next, but I also want to see Japan and mexico. This really is a great idea for getaways if you can't splurge on going too far. I've been to a few spa vacations even in the mountains with rooms that were I wanted to take a picture before I used the shower or unmade the bed - but this was every bit as impressive and even more fun and I could have it all without having to take a plane or make a schedule. Truly great, simply amazing, fantastic and we'll be back as soon as we can.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Mariaggi's Theme Suite Hotel and Spa offers our guests a wide range of Romantic getaway suites, scrumptious diners and wonderfull relaxing massage from licensed massage therapists. Our attention to detail in room design far surpasses the standard hotel of the day. Plan your great escape today and Getaway Without Going Away!!! All romantic theme suites have:*Large whirlpool tub.*Steam/shower room with speakers inside the steam room.*50" TV, DVD, 200 Watt Stereo System.*Fireplace.*Romantic Dining for Two.*Small Refridgerator and Microwave. India and Caribbean also have:*Waterfall hot tubs.*Pool Table. China also has:*Infa Red Sauna.*Vichi Tornado Shower.*Multi-jet Hot Tub. Some suites have direct access to private or shared outdoor spaces. Our 3000 sq.ft. Jakarta Tropical Penthouse has:All the above plus...*Baby Grand Piano.*Bar Area.*Dining Area. *Darts and Pool Table. Mariaggi's is perfect for birthdays, anniversaries, honeymoons or just a great escape from the kids. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity.ca and Agoda so you can book your Mariaggi's Theme Suites Hotel and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mariaggi`s Theme Hotel Winnipeg
- Mariaggis Theme Hotel
- Mariaggi's Theme Suites Hotel And Spa Winnipeg, Manitoba