My wife and I tried out the day spa option, and it was really fun. Our first stay there. We liked how you can get away for an stylish break without leaving the city. Parents like us will appreciate the getaway while the kids are at school or visiting friends for a few hours. We enjoyed the spacious Morocco room.
The theme suite idea is really well executed with authentic furnishings and top quality fixtures. I thought it could have been tacky, but it wasn't. We brought along some fine cheese and crackers, and were given ample time to enjoy the room including hot tub and steam shower before a massage. Two RMT massage therapists arrived and set up two tables and gave us both a one hour relaxation massage. It was all very professional and pleasant.
Afterward we were given lots of time to do whatever. We played billiards on the nice table and listened to music on the great sound system, using CDs from their library. There is also a huge TV.
I would recommend this place for a couple celebrating a special occasion. It would be great to combine with a night at the theatre or symphony or gallery, as it is right in the heart of the cultural centre of Winnipeg. It is not a typical hotel, so you can't expect a built-in restaurant, etc. There are several excellent restaurants nearby and they can also arrange for meals to be delivered to your room. We just brought chocolates and cheese, etc as were there for just a few hours.
The themes are quite nice and varied! The India room looks fabulous. I see that they are upgrading the reception area. It is a little hard to notice the front entrance as the hotel is upstairs from street level. Winnipeg's 'Exchange District' is charming and worth a wander around the cafes, shops and galleries.
The price is not cheap by Winnipeg standards, but this is really the sort of place you go to for one night for a special occasion. The theme thing is sort of like a real getaway to a destination without all the expense, hassle and time required for a foreign vacation.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Mariaggi's Theme Suite Hotel and Spa offers our guests a wide range of romantic getaway suites, scrumptious diners and wonderful relaxing massage from licensed massage therapists. Our attention to detail in room design far surpasses the standard hotel of the day. Plan your great escape today and Getaway Without Going Away!!! All romantic theme suites have:*Large whirlpool tub.*Steam/shower room with speakers inside the steam room.*50" TV, DVD, 200 Watt Stereo System.*Fireplace.*Romantic Dining for Two.*Small Refrigerator and Microwave. India and Caribbean also have:*Waterfall hot tubs.*Pool Table. China also has:*Infra Red Sauna.*Vichi Tornado Shower.*Multi-jet Hot Tub. Some suites have direct access to private or shared outdoor spaces. Our 3000 sq.ft. Jakarta Tropical Penthouse has: All the above plus...*Baby Grand Piano.*Bar Area.*Dining Area. *Darts and Pool Table. Mariaggi's is perfect for birthdays, anniversaries, honeymoons or just a great escape from the kids. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Priceline, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity.ca, TripOnline SA and Agoda so you can book your Mariaggi's Theme Suite Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mariaggi`s Theme Hotel Winnipeg
- Mariaggis Theme Hotel
- Mariaggi's Theme Suite Hotel & Spa Winnipeg, Manitoba