“Luv Luv Luv”

Ranked #133 of 1,834 Restaurants in Winnipeg
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Downtown Winnipeg
Reviewed October 12, 2017

My husband & I love this place. We usually end up here when we are in the city for the great food & atmosphere!

Reviewed October 12, 2017 via mobile

The food was great and fresh, especially the salad. Service was great, with a smile and the presentation was neat. Ample seating space for a warm family dinner. This one lived up to our expextation from Earl's.

Reviewed October 1, 2017

Dined on a Friday night with my mother before a movie. The first hostess greeted us immediately, but when I told her we had a reservation she looked confused, and walked away, leaving us unclear whether to follow or not. The next hostess (or the real one?) seemed to understand what was meant by a reservation and seated us right away. We were both interested in the tacos, but my mother can't eat onions, and asked the server if there would be onions on the chicken tacos. She assured us there wouldn't be, so she ordered the chicken tacos and I ordered the fish. We waited awhile for our food, and when it came a different server set the plates down in front of us (I had to reminder her that my meal was supposed to come with fries). A third server eventually brought the fries and we began to eat. I soon realized she had given us each other's plates, so we switched one of our tacos. I saw my mom dissecting hers...both tacos had plenty of onions...mine were pickled and hers were raw red onions...and both were pretty obvious. And neither taco had much protein. A server should know this. We should have returned the tacos, but had to make it in time for our movie and did not want to raise a stink. A fourth server brought the coke I had ordered, but for $3.60 I should think I should at least be offered a refill as my glass was not even full to begin with. We had to signal for the attention of our original server when we were ready for the bill, and even that took a while. Needless to say, our plan to stop on the way to the theatre for a snack for my hungry mother had to be trashed, as we were late for our movie.

On the surface, this restaurant LOOKS like it is classy, but in our minds it fails to deliver.

Reviewed September 28, 2017

I ate a lovely, delicious lunch here with two friends. The meal was plentiful and the service was great. I ordered the Louisiana Chicken Sandwich and it was delicious. The coleslaw was great. The atmosphere was cozy even for lunch. The server was pleasant and checked on us adequately, without being overbearing. We were offered the choice of the bar, the restaurant, or the patio so there was plenty of choice for seating. I would highly recommend this restaurant for the food, the service, the extensive menu, and the ambiance.

Reviewed September 4, 2017

We went to Earl for an early lunch. We sat in the enclosed patio. I ordered the salad soup and pan bread combo. I have Cesar Salad and clam chowder. The salad was excellent with fresh grated parm. The soup was more like a creamy vegetable soup. I did not received any bread. Tortilla Soup had a weird flavour .
The wait staff was pleasant .
I would go back to this place.