“Pick Up Dinner”

Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed March 14, 2016 via mobile

Excellent Chinese Food. I picked up food here after fond memories of my youth. As a kid this is where we picked up our Chinese food from, back in the day it was excellent and it still is 20 years later. The black bean and garlic shrimp was excellent as remembered. It is really a sauce with shrimp in it so it needs to be eaten with rice. I have never found a Chinese restaurant with a sauce as tasty. I also had the beef and vegetables which was freshly made with tender beef and crisp vegetables. The deluxe fried rice was well make as well. It featured real chicken, pork and large shrimp at times Chinese restaurants offer cold cuts in their fried rice. Not here. The dry breaded shrimp were also excellent as well as the deluxe chowmein which again featured lots of fresh veggies and real meat. The price is a bit higher than some but the quality is certainly worth it.

Reviewed March 4, 2016 via mobile

This is our long time go to for Chinese food in St James. We eat in at supper, come to the buffet for lunch, and get take out. When dining in, service is good and staff is pleasant. The lunch buffet is a good value, and people even take it out - filling a large container. Go early or late as it is usually very busy right at noon, and this is a small restaurant. They offer 10% off if you pick up your take-out order. My personal favourites are Dry Breaded Shrimp with a lovely light crisp breading, Lemon Chicken, Spicy Honey Glazed Chicken and Hot Honey Glazed Veal. We miss them when they close for their vacation.

1  Thank Yolanda S
Reviewed January 23, 2016

For our family gathering on Boxing Day we decided to order takeout Chinese Food. I gave the order to the restaurant two days in advance along with special requests from family members who had allergies, dislikes and/or favourites. When I arrived to pick up the food they were running a little behind but I only had to wait a few minutes. Everything was absolutely perfect, exactly as we'd ordered it! There were large quantities served in foil trays, plenty of steamed rice and sauces and, best of all, everything was delicious. From a group of 15 people comprised of older adults, teens and children, there was no a single complaint. Everyone ate until full and there was still food left over. It is obvious that the Good Earth folks are experts when it comes to these large orders. I highly recommend them.

Reviewed December 13, 2015

it has great food and very fresh and lots of variety best quality for the money
it is very busy so get there early . the restaurant is plain not a dress up place but the food makes up for it. I have eaten there in the evening and done take out also. it is all good but we enjoy the buffet best

Reviewed November 15, 2015

the meal was amazing i loved it it was my first time eating this meal and first bite my eyes lit up so i recommend that you go top this melton restaurat