“Horrible”

Promenade Cafe and Wine
Reserve with OpenTable
Promenade Cafe and Wine is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #19 of 1,665 Restaurants in Winnipeg
Price range: US$12 - US$26
Cuisines: French, Canadian, Cafe
Good for: Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Romantic, Local cuisine, View
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Provencher & Tache
Transit: We are central at the corner of Provencher and Tache.
Description: Promenade Cafe and Wine is our modern French Restaurant in the heart of Winnipeg's French Quarter, Saint Boniface. Our French Comfort food is homemade from Local ingredients and scratch made dessert are offered at reasonable prices. Our special events facility is the Historic Fort Gibraltar which our company won the best small business of the year through Tourism Winnipeg.
Reviewed 27 July 2017

Took 10 min to be sitted and it wasn't busy. Had the mussels in Gino's. However came up with that combination must of had a cold cause they couldn't taste it. Put hard rock crumbled bacon it. Yuk. The shells when picked up crumbled. They did some ok. I thought they went to PEI to get them as it took a long time for our order. Told the waitress and she replaced the mussels. 10 for $12. Had the Ruben, nothing to write home about. Onion soup ok but needs more flavour. Staff very accommodating.

There are newer reviews for Promenade Cafe and Wine

Reviewed 26 July 2017

It was a very fun experience to indulge in the 4-course set price dinner. (30 each) We upgraded to include the wine pairing. (18 each) It made it a very leisurely evening. Our server was very friendly and nice. Overall we had a fabulous evening!

Reviewed 22 July 2017

My 2 children and I went to Promenade Café and Wine for breakfast on a Sunday. The three of us were given 2 sets of cutlery. The waitress brought our coffee without sugar or spoons. Most of our food was delivered to our table, with the exception of my son's bacon. We had to ask for salt and pepper, as there was none on the table. Upon receiving everything we needed, we enjoyed our well prepared meal. I left the customary 15% tip. My son jokingly said, I paid for the service that everyone else received.

Promenadebistro, Owner at Promenade Cafe and Wine, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2017

Thank you for your review and what you described was defiantly a "unusual service". I will address this with the staff and if you want to provide more details please email me at shawn@cafeandwine.com

Reviewed 10 July 2017

I had not been to this resto for a very long time. Since my last visit they have redecorated/renovated but maintained the same menu elements and the same fabulous service (though obviously different service.) The food quality and taste was great, not something you always see in a menu that does Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner. The standouts at our table were the mussels, tourtiere, Coq, Boef Bourguinon. Tacky I know but we all tasted everything! The burger was kind of out of place in this company.

Décor is pleasant and rustic at the same time. There are two service areas. There is a view of the Human Rights Museum, Bridge, and River. Though that also means the evening sun shines into the room at times. Not a problem there were blinds, and the A/C kept it comfortable.

A word or two on Price. The online menu is out of date, its about 10% low. The place is not cheap, but is on par with other restaurants I have reviewed in Winnipeg. For those looking for a different experience, they do a Prix Fixe menu on most nights for about 3/4's of what a meal off menu would cost. It is chefs choice and changes.

House wine was very drinkable and priced in line. The Prix Fixe offers the option of Wine Pairings (recommended) for each dish at $18 per person total.

But to end this review I go back to the service. From the moment we arrived to the moment we left (a long time later) the service was wonderful and friendly. Definitely going back!

Reviewed 10 July 2017

I know there are a lot of other dishes you could get here. But we wanted poutine, so that's what we ordered.

We so enjoyed the poutine here -- great fries, gravy, and meat. It was so good that we went back for seconds and thirds!

Staff is gracious and accommodating. Will definitely return when we are in the area.