“supper with the girls”

Promenade Cafe and Wine
Reserve with OpenTable
Promenade Cafe and Wine is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #20 of 1,712 Restaurants in Winnipeg
Price range: US$10 - US$22
Cuisines: French, Canadian, Cafe
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Romantic, View, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Provencher & Tache
Transit: We are central at the corner of Provencher and Tache.
Description: Promenade Cafe and Wine is our modern French Restaurant in the heart of Winnipeg's French Quarter, Saint Boniface. Our French Comfort food is homemade from Local ingredients and scratch made dessert are offered at reasonable prices. Our special events facility is the Historic Fort Gibraltar which our company won the best small business of the year through Tourism Winnipeg.
Reviewed 16 August 2017 via mobile

one of the things I really like about this place is that you can use the open table app to reserve.makes things easy.
supper with girlfriends tonight. dinner for one with a glass of wine bill = $40.
the steak was tender and tasty.the mashed pototoes were salty and as the say under the steak they had blood on them as the steak was medium cooked. not very appealing.
the vegetables were cold and smallish portion.
the service was fine...not outstanding but fine.

Reviewed 9 August 2017

Menu is quite small for choices but that is probably because they specialize in those unique plates. Good place to go if you are looking for something different. Meals were good and pricing fairly appropriate. Service was very good.

Reviewed 27 July 2017

Took 10 min to be sitted and it wasn't busy. Had the mussels in Gino's. However came up with that combination must of had a cold cause they couldn't taste it. Put hard rock crumbled bacon it. Yuk. The shells when picked up crumbled. They did some ok. I thought they went to PEI to get them as it took a long time for our order. Told the waitress and she replaced the mussels. 10 for $12. Had the Ruben, nothing to write home about. Onion soup ok but needs more flavour. Staff very accommodating.

Reviewed 26 July 2017

It was a very fun experience to indulge in the 4-course set price dinner. (30 each) We upgraded to include the wine pairing. (18 each) It made it a very leisurely evening. Our server was very friendly and nice. Overall we had a fabulous evening!

Reviewed 22 July 2017

My 2 children and I went to Promenade Café and Wine for breakfast on a Sunday. The three of us were given 2 sets of cutlery. The waitress brought our coffee without sugar or spoons. Most of our food was delivered to our table, with the exception of my son's bacon. We had to ask for salt and pepper, as there was none on the table. Upon receiving everything we needed, we enjoyed our well prepared meal. I left the customary 15% tip. My son jokingly said, I paid for the service that everyone else received.

Promenadebistro, Owner at Promenade Cafe and Wine, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2017

Thank you for your review and what you described was defiantly a "unusual service". I will address this with the staff and if you want to provide more details please email me at shawn@cafeandwine.com